Sign in to follow this  
Xalorum

Please reconsider rope changes

as far as i knew this mooring rope leading 4 animals was a feature implemented with the wagon cause we needed it.

• Like 5

+1

Why change this? Is the idea to make sure every single tedious thing persists?

I was also understanding the addition of lead with mooring rope as something added to facilitate for the wagons.

• Like 2

+1  I thought the mooring rope was intentional to allow multiple animal leading.  Now we have to chase them all over hell's creation because a bug was useful for once.

• Like 3

I also want this reverted. I only found out about it after we got the wagons/after over half a year of playing...I thought it was a feature they added because we'd have to haul around 4 animals. What's next, 6? 8? Make one item that does this for us!

I swear I led 4  with normal ropes the other day....then I hitched them to a wagon.

Edited by Uberknot

+1

Let's not put more tedium into the game, okay? 

As for not knowing what it did:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Mooring_rope&oldid=89149

That's an old entry on the Wiki that clearly stated it. It's easy to see how most could see this as a feature. You're just pushing people away, Devs. Can you honestly tell us how one rope to lead four animals is game breaking, where having to carry and screw with four items to do the same thing isn't? There was no reason for this "fix", and it's the sort of thing that will always hold Wurm back from being a more successful MMO.

• Like 4

+1

either revert, introduce another item to lead multiple animals with one item, or allow combining ropes allow for leading multiple animals. As others have stated, leading multiple animals with the non-aggro "run away code" means, 2 seconds after unhitching a wagon, your bisons are running in different directions.

Please go for fun factor, not pain in the ass, irritating factor.

+1

I never knew about it until now, but it would have saved me a lot of trouble when I was looking for stray animals. 

+1 useless change / revert or change the regular to allow it or add weight to mooring and allow, something besides just ripping it away from the game.

or as stated in another post make the mooring rope heavier to penalize the 4 animal usage. or allow more animals on a single regular rope. THe mooring rope was introduced for allowing more animals when wagons came out, just went hand in hand.

Edited by SmackedDown
  • Like 1

my only use for a mooring rope is a noose now pls fix

+1

• Like 5

I agree!! Pls revert back!  Kind of made the Louwho sad! Who wants a  sad Louwho!? =P Was very useful to I and others.  =))

• Like 4

+1
This change should be reverted or new functionality should be added in in the future with either current ropes or a new lead system.

• Like 1

Where was the harm in letting us use the mooring rope to lead 4 animals?  Will you be taking away the crafting window since that too is very convenient and eliminates clicks?  This was one of those bugs that should have been overlooked or made into an intended feature.

Note to those who make video's about wurm:  Please don't highlight "neat tricks" that make this game easier it will only give those with the power to do so incentive to remove them.

• Like 1

Just a couple of questions for all of you complaining.  You all say this bug has been going on for a long time, but did any of you report the bug?  Maybe Rolf took so long to fix it because no one reported it.  Is it possible that Rolf did not know of the bug until it was added to the wiki and a tips video was done showing it?  If this is the case, then we players failed in reporting a bug a long time ago and there is no one but ourselves to blame when it finally got fixed.  Just something to think about as you rant today.

I think that's besides the point.  Even if it was a "bug" or unintended feature for 10 years, the larger issue is, over time these "unintended features" become features nonetheless in the minds of the players.  Call it what you what to, but at the end of the day, it's player perception and expectations.

I find it curious that THIS is the one thing Rolf chooses to pick on.  No, it couldn't be bug fixes in the client, server crossing bugs, teleportation bugs, or any of the other 100 we could mention.  When does one take the reponsibility as a game developer to say... "You know... this isn't hurting anything and it gives morale to the player base by keeping it, and frankly there's some real convenience to the players by having mooring ropes function this way.... let's just keep it as it is for now.  Perhaps we'll let the players know that it's an unintended feature/bug and that we intend to replace that functionality in the near future with a "lead" or some other rope that meets the same convenience needs as this does."

1. There is little to no communication.  

2. There is little to no involvement.

That's how you alienate your player base.  Grats on that.

• Like 5

We really need lassos so that the position bug doesn't make the animal you are standing inside two or more tiles away. Leading four animals with a single rope is baaad but your position being off tiles and vertical height is fine?