Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wall turning!

Mooring ropes are for ships, so it doesn't make a ton of sense to re-add it to mooring ropes now that it's already changed. Just add the feature to regular ropes. We can combine them, so use their combined weight to determine how many horses can be led.

Edited by Fawkes
  • Like 3

More realistic than pulling them behind a boat for hundreds of miles. ;)

surf.gif

• Like 4

Its rather funny how many bugs sort of became unintended features that were left alone for a long time after being general knowledge... bouncy death pits to cite one example.

Granted Rolf eventually decided they were killing more friendlies than enemies, and did away with them.

Ok let me see if im following this all correctly. Using mooring rope to lead 4 animals is a bug so we remove bug, problem solved.

Walls facing wrong way is a bug so we add a new game feature(rotate walls) instead of just fixing the bug and mean while we continue to wait for

the rotate floor option so we can fix all the stupid ladders in the middle of the room, a feature that's been promised for a long time.

Hmmm,  yes im in the right game.

Honestly the one thing I liked most about the mooring rope thing was that you only needed 1 rope in your toolbelt to lead multiple animals. It was nice to not have to use 4 belt slots and activate each rope one at a time.

Mooring ropes were buggy. For example, you could drop the rope and the animals wouldn't stop leading you, so it's a good thing that they were fixed. However, their unintended functionality was definitely a quality of life improvement for Wurmians, and it would be nice to see normal ropes have the same feature implemented.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 1

Wall Turning??? LOL! :D

Are these fully built walls or in a plan of a house? Would seem silly to turn fully built walls.

Edited by Uberknot

Are these fully built walls or in a plan of a house? Would seem silly to turn fully built walls.

• Like 1

Still WAY less silly than "accidentally" building a balcony facing inwards.

Setting up a couple hundred extra lines of code so house walls "recognize" when they're internal or external to then have it most likely implode code all over... naaaah turning walls is a way better idea.

I dont see why there is a problem in the first place...lol. inside is inside...outside is outside...

Still WAY less silly than "accidentally" building a balcony facing inwards.

Setting up a couple hundred extra lines of code so house walls "recognize" when they're internal or external to then have it most likely implode code all over... naaaah turning walls is a way better idea.

As much functionality in custom layouts as we have, especially with doughnut and U shaped houses, I am happy with Turning. :)

The awning and flower box thingy look silly inside.

Edited by Onyr

I dont see why there is a problem in the first place...lol. inside is inside...outside is outside...

Like I sometimes tell my grandmother ... "You can't just walk up to a computer and tell it to do things"

In a decade or two when AI reaches a certain point, then yeah, you can expect servers to start seeing the obvious.   Until then, some things are just that tricky to code.

So now how about guard tower turning?

oops can be rotated now.....nm ;)

Let all the things turn!!!:D

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

It sounds to me, as if everyone is just frustrated that they don't get what they want all the time?  Not really sure if that's the best way of putting it, but that's how it comes across.

Seeing how this is a thread about wall turning, it disappoints me to check-in here and see that over half of the posts are people complaining that they have to carry more than 1 rope on them to lead multiple animals and how that isn't fair.  To put this bluntly, I never knew you could lead 4 animals with a mooring rope, and so the normal rate of play for me always had me carrying 4 ropes to lead 4 animals and the simple truth:  I've always been perfectly content with that.

I would love to read more about turning walls please, as this is the thread for it and it seems very interesting!

Wall turning.. Turn the wall.. Excellent bandaid for wall bug.

Walls were a visual issue, so it doesn't affect game play like the ropes do. Thus the mega posts about ropes. CC just burried one of our favorite toys in the sandbox and that makes us want to go play in someone else's sandbox.

Would I quit over this? No. But I will do less with horses. Probably just what CC wants, since they can't seem to handle critter population on Xan without massive lag. I will certainly never drag them while sailing again. Not more than 1 at least.

Sign in to follow this