Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wall turning!

You can now turn walls!

Vynora is now properly set as Ally to Fo on the Valrei map and should stop generating missions.

Demigods on Valrei have been balanced. They spawned too strong initially and the code has been changed.

• Like 2

since we can  rotate walls... why you guys didnt bring us rotate floors as well from test servers... seem they work smooth there

• Like 2

With the wall turning maybe we can get back our canopy on the stone doors? 

Edit: Well that might not work on inner walls i guess still 

Edited by Kegan

An update that was not mentioned: you can no longer use mooring ropes to lead animals... not even one per mooring rope.

An update that was not mentioned: you can no longer use mooring ropes to lead animals... not even one per mooring rope.

Well that sucks i just learned about that in the FF guys video the other day and it was really helpful.

Maybe we can get the same for the rope so we can use just the one for all four animals? I don't see why we should be made to carry four rope if it was working with just the one.  

Edited by Kegan

Has the update changed something to the mooring ropes? :huh:  Yesterday I could lead 4 animals with it and today after the update, I can't do it.

bug could have been corrected, it was never intended to be used like that.

• Like 1

Has the update changed something to the mooring ropes? :huh:  Yesterday I could lead 4 animals with it and today after the update, I can't do it.

*cries and goes to edit Wiki*

Edited by Evening
  • Like 6

Leading with a mooring rope was a nice feature. Don't nerf what isn't broken. I dont' care what isn't intended either.

• Like 5

Leading with a mooring rope was a nice feature. Don't nerf what isn't broken. I dont' care what isn't intended either.

I remember when a bug was a feature....

.....until the Email Nation came

• Like 2

Revert the mooring rope change. Nobody asked for it, no reason to remove the feature.

I wish the devs would post a note on their computer. It should read: Every change that makes Wurm's game play better is a good thing, every change that makes Wurm's user interface worse is a bad thing.

• Like 2

Please please revert mooring rope (insert pleading sad face).

• Like 1

What is the advantage of rotating walls? (serious question) The only thing I can think of is accessing hidden passages in giant castles. 

What is the advantage of rotating walls? (serious question) The only thing I can think of is accessing hidden passages in giant castles. 

i think you don't understand, Its not so much as a literal rotation, Like a secret door. Its actually a way to fix the recent graphical glitchs with the new walls aswell give artists a new way to work with the walls. So for example, you like a model on one side but not the other, and wanted it inverted, well now you can. 

• Like 2

Many of the newer walls have canopies, awnings, balconies or decorative features on one side and not the other.  When building these walls as internal walls, the decorative feature would sometimes face the wrong direction.  By rotating walls, you can have the feature face the direction you'd prefer.  (Example:  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120164-timber-balcony-bug/)

• Like 1

Many of the newer walls have canopies, awnings, balconies or decorative features on one side and not the other.  When building these walls as internal walls, the decorative feature would sometimes face the wrong direction.  By rotating walls, you can have the feature face the direction you'd prefer.  (Example:  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120164-timber-balcony-bug/)

That makes great sense. Thanks Alectrys.

• Like 1

Please add the mooring rope back. It is 100% realistic to lead 4 animals with one rope. Please don't ninja fix stuff that isn't broken or game affecting.

Please add the mooring rope back. It is 100% realistic to lead 4 animals with one rope. Please don't ninja fix stuff that isn't broken or game affecting.

• Like 2

bug could have been corrected, it was never intended to be used like that.

it should have been intended as it made wurm awesome! especially since wagons, which is why i thought they implemented it?

at any rate removing such a functionality isnt going to help wurm its going to hurt it, 

anyone who has played and been in a sticky situation trying to lead something and getting the messege " you are already using that rope to lead such and such knows this. let alone activating 4 seperate ropes... EVERY time you embark on a cart or horse or a boat.. comon.. that is why the mooring rope was a godsend,  because it eliminated that frustration from the daily routine, now you guys want to bring it back. bring back the frustration!!

i will be "Moorning" the lose of this great game enhancing feature

Edited by Aum
  • Like 4

That's the way it always is, it's a feature right up until the devs decide it isnt, we poor players just have to deal with the poor decisions. And yet, they wont fix actual exploits until someone makes a huge show of it and gets banned.

Another use for rotating walls I noticed is when you have the flashy graphics in the corners. It resembles screen tearing when you look at the corner and move around. Rotating one of the walls fixes this.

Edited by Aureate
  • Like 2

As much as it is convenient, it's not really realistic at 0.5kgs. fair enough. But if it was something that could be left in it needs to be a realistic weight. You want to lead 4 animals, you need to pay with a weight that is justified. there is no way a normal rope and a morring rope are the same weight irl.

Lets not change wurm just because it's convenient. I need to quote that. :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this