Sign in to follow this  
Theodis

Horse name in examine text

It'd be quite useful if examining a horse would show its name in the examine text.

[Edit] And color please!

I imagine this suggestion doesn't benefit many people but I'm guessing it'd also take a very small amount of time to implement.

I've been breeding horses regularly in wurm for 3 years now and have been meticulously logging the results of every breed to do fancy things like make family trees and do various statistical analysis. If the horse name were added into the examine text I could automate a lot of the data entry into my database by just examining all my new foals in game, having a script check the event log over the last 10 or so minutes for horse examine text, and automatically add any horse with an unrecognized name which has parents that have entries within the database already.

Edited by Theodis
  • Like 4

Wurm Assistant.

In addition, I think that we already see name of horse on examine (except wild ones).

In addition, I think that we already see name of horse on examine (except wild ones).

[20:29:03] Horses like this one have many uses.

[20:29:03] It is being taken care of by Theodis.

[20:29:03] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.

[20:29:03] This creature could use some grooming.

[20:29:03] It will fight fiercely. It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It has been bred in captivity.

[20:29:03] Mother is Venerable Starkagnes. Father is Venerable fat Southnafa.

We get the parent names, the traits, the gender sneaks its way in, in the form of a single pronoun, and the fact that it is a horse. Unfortunately neither the age nor the name of the horse is included. So as an additional request I'd like the age too :P.

I think that you can play emote instead of examining to get horse name (and age). :)

Edited by Warlander

I think that you can play emote instead of examining to get horse name (and age). :)

Well I want all the information which is why it'd be nice for examine to include it, but that is a good idea. I could keybind an action that doesn't have an effect on horses but echos the target name and set up another keybind for the examine. And just use both in succession.

+1 to include name and age. Of course there are workarounds but the point is to avoid having to take those. and it really looks like just a small thing to do with clear advantages if done.

• Like 1

+! Yes - name and age - and colour ! -  would be a big plus.  Also, if and when I am examining horses for others who do not have high enough AH skill - it would be v.useful indeed to be able to give it to them all in one go.  Rather than having to type out all the details for them.

+1. 

Or make emotes able to be keybound. Sick of manually smiling at all of my livestock to update my granger app.

+1 I lost track of what was bred by who and looking in the history is pointless without the name. Use granger.