Sign in to follow this  
Wiro

World of Warcraft

Hi guys,

I don't play Wurm as actively anymore, only logging in occassionally. I do like the new Challenge format. A few weeks ago I figured I'd give WoW a try after so many years of avoiding it. I was positively surprised by the game and its many dungeons, diverse classes and enormous amount of quests. If anyone is interested in playing with me, send me a message or post here. I'd love to level up an alt with someone from scratch.

^_^

I had thought about trying it out again, haven't played since WotLK.

Just checked out WoW News and they are adding a 'WoW Token', essentially like bonds in Runescape or PLEX in Eve, letting players sell 30 days membership to others for in-game gold.

Might be able to play WoW for 'free' :)

Edited by Kimu

wow is retarded easy now since WOD but have fun! i played for years before coming back to wurm :>

Does this mean I can turn your rare collection into a museum?

Unfortunately it costs too damn much to get into, someone quoted me at like $180 for all the expansions to get up to date, no me gusta.

• Like 1

uhhhhh wat.. it 50$ for the last expansion and 20 bucks for all 5 before it :/ (total not each)

Edited by Hexproof

Imagine if bridges were to be a dlc. 40 Euro to access the bridges...

It costs $7.50 to get all content up to level 90 (current endgame is level 100). It's a "special offer" that is practically permanently available for all new players.

Pre-Ordered Draenor. Got to level 100 from 90 in 4 days of very casual play with the wife. (I'm a Belf Hunter, and she's a Belf Arcane Mage...) Then, played for a few more weeks, got bored out of our skull of the theme park, came back to Wurm.

I do like the changes in WoW, as opposed to the Panda invasion era, however it isn't enough to encourage me to play enough to pay a monthly sub.

I've been playing WoW from Vanilla to and including Cataclysm. Was great fun at first, but times of annoyance over the playerbase grew more frequent over time. After my third lvl 85 character I found out about Wurm, and quite quickly drew the conclusion that although WoW is still fun at times, it's no longer worth the rather hefty monthly pay to me.

Been making use of the almost yearly 1-free-week offers thrown at me, and conclusion hasn't changed.

That "WoW Token" system might be interesting, although I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a lot of hardcore ingame moneymaking for 3 months to use a Token only every third month - effectively reducing monthly fee by 33% but still.

Time will tell, it's at least nice to see they've decided to look into the massive inflation per expansion as well as payment alternatives to make it less costly.

• Like 1

The 'Freemium' model worked for LOTRO and many other games. Blizzard is just dragging it's feet as usual. They'll eventually take a FTP route, they've even admitted as much. They're just trying to avoid it as long as possible. I much prefer something I pay to unlock that then stays unlocked. People will spend much more $ on a microtransaction system for things they WANT then for a monthly sub for things they may feel as lacking. In other words, options bring people back and keep people playing. Static things do not.

I'm giving it a go with Wiro, if anyone else wants to join, shoot one of us a PM.

The 'Freemium' model worked for LOTRO and many other games. Blizzard is just dragging it's feet as usual. They'll eventually take a FTP route, they've even admitted as much. They're just trying to avoid it as long as possible. I much prefer something I pay to unlock that then stays unlocked. People will spend much more $ on a microtransaction system for things they WANT then for a monthly sub for things they may feel as lacking. In other words, options bring people back and keep people playing. Static things do not.

We are on the EU server playing as Horde on the Draenor realm.

Currently on my 3 month beak from it before playing it again for 3 months, once I get back on if luck has it I will see you in some raids or what not.