Sign in to follow this  
krisstofer

stretchy animals and graphic issue

I have a laptop with i3 graphics card.(intel). Upon downlaoding cliebt and startup all was fine. Then the stretchy cow knecks and what not. I then disabled my gsls shader. NO MORE STRETCHY ANIMALS. Now i have what seems a graphic issue. There seems to be a layering/ rendering issue where all of the ground is oddly layered and rendering with dirt, cobblestone, water tiles all ast once when i move. Is there any way this can be fixed besides dropping a good 5-6 bills on another laptop.

Kriss

I learned to live with it, since the alternative seems to be textures messed beyond belief.

There is a checkbox in the compatibility tab that should fix it...i can't remember what it is. I will look it up though in a bit.

Edit: I can't remember which it is, but if it helps, i have every checkbox in the compatibility tab NOT checked except for the "Use direct colour picking"

Edited by McGarnicle

Not sure if anyone is still having this issue, but I resolved it on my by setting VBO to disabled.

I have the same exact issues with my laptop. The cure make the ground look like . I wish this would get fixed because my laptop runs the game very good except for this graphic problem. We keep getting new servers and all this other stuff, but this still is a bug that just don't seem to be getting fixed.

I cant believe that this bug cant be fixed. Every time I see updates, I hope to see a fix.

I cant believe that this bug cant be fixed. Every time I see updates, I hope to see a fix.

Do you happen to have a laptiop with "Switchable graphics" (Intel for battery saving, and Radeon/NVidia for gaming)? If so there is an easy fix in the graphics card control panel, uf you set under 3D/Global for the laptop to use always the High Performance Graphics Card.

If you have ONLY Intel graphucs, I think the Win7 and maybe OSX/Linus drivers have reduced the terrain issue but maybe not yet the Win8/Win10 drivers. Did you try disabling VBO, and also check Intel Download Center to see if the newer drivers there resolve it yet? I seem to recall WIn7 had this problem till better drivers came out. There were new Intel drivers that came out just in the past week or two I think. (Don;t ever trust windows to update video drivers as they only check for DirectX comparability and not OpenGL compatability). 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I have the same issue trying to run the game on my sisters laptop (which is the one I'm probably gonna end up buying on a few weeks).

the only option is the built in Intel graphics card and disabling shaders and vbo don't resolve it.

however, the game runs better on that laptop that the one I'm currently using so I may just have to learn to live with it and hope there's an update one day to fix it cause my other laptop will probably die very soon...