Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Wind Spell in Gems - faster sailing

Don't know about you, but I dig this one.  Fo priest can cast a wind spell directly, or imbue/fill gems with the spell, for anyone to use.  Power of spell x10 = duration the wind blows at gale force in whatever direction you are sailing.  Localized to only the boat you are on.

a QL 50 Gem filled with be 500 seconds.

Maybe times should be longer?  Not sure.  But hey, need something new for gems and some faster sailing method.  This helps economy, gives Fos more value and brings value back to higher QL gems.

• Like 1

Freedom only maybe or else it will just be another requirement for pvp.

• Like 3

I thought about adding that clause.  I really think so many potential good changes for the great good of Wurm are hindered by their effect in a PvP environment.  I don't pvp at all, but totally get that some people really like the thrill of it.  We just need to split code in some way that enables more progress for both.

• Like 1

how about make traveling generally faster? 17km/h naked, just boost that to 25km/h and horses and boats accordingly. >.>

Always hated the super slow travel speeds of Wurm. 

-1 to giving non priest players spells....even in gems...

I don't know about giving priest wind boosts either to tell you the truth.

If you give that kind of power to Fo you have to balance it.

Edited by Uberknot

Higher base speed for boats seems like a better solution.

Horses don't need to be faster. 30+ km/h is enough.  Uphill speed I guess could be a bit buffed if anything. 

But I guess, if speeds are increased, lag needs to be fixed as well, those graphics mem leaks or whatever they are. Travelling 10 min, re-logging to get rid of lag etc. not fun...

I would like to see a spell that can be cast on boats (something like wind of ages but could be a separate spell) that wouldn't effect the boats base speed but instead increase its speed in bad wind.  Something like a 100 cast would add 50% of the difference between your speed and your speed with a gale at your back.  So when you do have a gale at your back, the cast would do nothing but when you don't it can help out.

I still say give ships max speed for there type,you could adjust the speed with sail and just get rid of wind.

Priest already have too much influence in the gameplay.

If anything i will prefer the speed of boats be tied to the ql. In the end it will be more on line with reality.

• Like 1