Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

"Haul up" - but no "haul down"

Hi,

All very well to introduce "Haul up" - only using a rope, can't be done with a mooring rope which is annoying.

However, what about "Haul down" ???

Have a large chest upstairs, which I want to bring down stairs to ground level, but....

There is no "haul down" and not able to load on cart either:

[14:58:11] You must be on the same floor level as the large chest in order to load it.

So how does one bring an item down ???

Suggestions would be welcome - other than bashing and starting again...

PS : On searching for a thread about this: "No results found for 'haul'."

You can haul down, you must be on the top floor with whatever your trying to haul down, it's weird but it works.

I'm rather upset with the introduction of this system at all.. I enjoyed being able to unload from my cart from any floor..

And being able to use a mooring rope is annoying yes!

I think it's easier to just glitch the cart up the stairs then unload where you want. 

Otherwise you're unloading everything then hauling up 1 at a time then pushing it..

The game is grindy enough as it is, why make common tasks harder?

To add realism? 

If you wanna add realism there is countless other issues in this game which lack it!

Multiple animals which should be able to swim can't.

Placement bugs

You can't shoot a bow through narrow windows or fence bars

the list goes on and on!

• Like 1

My bad, didn't read it properly.

Edited by Firestarter

I'm rather upset with the introduction of this system at all.. I enjoyed being able to unload from my cart from any floor..

And being able to use a mooring rope is annoying yes!

I think it's easier to just glitch the cart up the stairs then unload where you want. 

Otherwise you're unloading everything then hauling up 1 at a time then pushing it..

I agree v.much with these sentiments - took me hours to haul up side tables and push them into place - boring !

Edited by Baloo

If one has to stand next to the item - then it is "lowering" it - not "hauling" it down

To haul something down, one must be lower than the item...

Hi,

All very well to introduce "Haul up" - only using a rope, can't be done with a mooring rope which is annoying.

However, what about "Haul down" ???

Have a large chest upstairs, which I want to bring down stairs to ground level, but....

There is no "haul down" and not able to load on cart either:

[14:58:11] You must be on the same floor level as the large chest in order to load it.

So how does one bring an item down ???

Suggestions would be welcome - other than bashing and starting again...

PS : On searching for a thread about this: "No results found for 'haul'."

The worst problem of all is trying to build a 2nd floor out of stone bricks. In the past I could bring the horse and cart up with me to do this chore (and it is a chore, like so many other things in Wurm).

Please just fix the horse and cart problem and go back to being able to load and unload by taking them up to the floor a person is working on or wanting to unload/load on.

Edited by Frustrated

You have to use the rope to "haul down" just like when you "haul up". Although it is rather frustrating to do, you must be on the floor you need to "haul to", but that doesn't fix the problems of moving or placing items where you want them. You still have to push, pull, turn or otherwise move the item to the ladder then do your hauling motion.