Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Bring back old oleander bushes

I had them at my house growing up. They generally grow quite large when mature. Easily 3 meters high and 2 meters wide.  Very effective as a tall hedge when planted next to each other.  Cedar and maple hedges I don't really understand.

• Like 2

I can get behind this necro'd suggestion  +1

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I'm guessing they replaced them because they looked like 4 pieces of paper slapped together from above which became very obvious once multistory was launched.

I'm torn, both models are butt ugly so it's basically a choice between rock and a hard place.

• Like 2

I liked the look of the old ones better.

This newest one isn't too bad. Could be a bit larger, though.

Neither! I am against both the old and the new! How's that for uncompromising?

The lavender bushes are beautifully done. A new oleander could be based on that model but just less bushy (dense) around the bottom. Oleander's are more of a multi-stemmed plant naturally that only get dense at the bottoms from pruning them frequently. Easy enough to look at photo's of them and then adapt to some compromise appealing to the eye for Wurm use, just as was done with the beautiful lavender bushes.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

+1

It's no comparrison.

It's like when they changed trimmed lawns.  Went from gorgeous, to lawns with ugly sprigs of grass coming up here and there randomly...

• Like 2

+1000 The new oleander is only funny but not nice.
We 'd like the old one back! :D

• Like 1

+1  
This new oleander is not a matter of taste ...its a fail compared with the old one

• Like 1

I too preferred the old ones to the new ones, so I'd be happy if they brought the old model back. While I sincerely really do appreciate that the team is constantly trying to make the game more aesthetically pleasing by introducing new models, in my humble opinion this oleander bush model sadly isn't really much of an improvement.

So +1

Edited by Sia
  • Like 1

If the old one got too big, give us ways to trim them down more.  Or just scale them down a bit.  But at least the old one looked like a shrubbery and made for nice decoration.

• Like 1

Wow, +1 to that. I want those old bushes o.o

• Like 1

Still requesting old oleanders to come back, the new shrubs are really not pretty.

• Like 1

This topic definately need an annual bump (at least).

I think I already +1ed before but here is one more +1 from me.

• Like 1

yish! also add an option to have small hedges that look less awfull than the lavender ones!

• Like 1

On 3/16/2015 at 4:04 PM, Cecci said:

With the rose looking like a flunked sample of a garden rose, and the camelia also beeing just a stick, it is pretty much down to just one choice now, the lavender bush.

Yeah, very few of them actually look very bush-like.

Maybe this was intentional, to make dropped items "hide" less? I have no idea, but I'd definitely like rose/camellia bushes that look like the things they are, and those screenshots of the old oleander are pretty nice.

• Like 1

agree... bring back the old oleander.

And like someone else pointed out camelia and especially rose bushes are horrid.   Lets do something with all 3!

• Like 1

+1, I never understood why the oleander model got beaten with the ugly stick.