Sign in to follow this  
Ponderer

Cannot edit my posts... strange error

So I got warned and will not acknowledge it by clicking the button.. this has caused an issue where I can no longer edit my posts to close a WTB thread.  It shouldn't be throwing errors but instead informing me to acknowledge.

Ignore the left screen, I run a dual montior setup.. the error is shown in the right pane.

kamalIPinfo1.png

Seems to be a lot of issues to fix lately.

Edited by Ponderer

It is possible that there is something stuck i cache that is borking things, because it expected some action to complete and is hanging up other commands.  I  assume you already tried closing and reopening  the browser -- brute force style through task manager if needed?. If it were me, I would try rebooting the computer then reopen the browser. I am not sure how warnings work and if they pop up the minute you come to the forum, it is possible it is only the "first time" you open the forum.  

Also   here is another forum where people hada very similar error   "TypeError: ipb.textEditor.getEditor("edit-" + postid) is undefined"   and discussed workarounds. One was clearing browser cache and another was  " Ctrl + R or Ctrl + F5  That helped me. If it doesn't work on first try do it again."

Also similar thread where F5 reportedly helped (sometimes multiple refreshes) 

googling   TypeError: ipb.textEditor is undefined  pulls up other assorted forums on the internet where this seems to pop up, I have not yet found any corelation to account status. 

I usually try switching browsers anytime my regular browser is not functtioning correctly on a webpage. Often it affects only one browser and not all (MSIE - Chrome - Opera -Firefox etc)

they said either CTL+R or CTL+F5, I was not sure what the difference was but apparently about whether it is using browser cache

Edited by Brash_Endeavors