Sign in to follow this  
Gazmo

Theft of bsbs and Fsb in Locked pens

I spoke to a GM about this, Last night After placing more logs into a bsb filling it with stuff that was there before i got deed from zenea and before she got deed. 5 of the bsbs were Robbed between midnight last night and 8pm est tonight so between thursday night and friday night someone passed locked gates robbed all our BSBs and 700 cooked meats and over 300 pumpkins potatoes garlics onion and stew items, 80ql gold lumps clay tar health cover ingredients ores etc someone came in and robbed it.

I can only track back 3 hrs gms said they cant tell us who did this and can only ask devs if they can find out anything. Now me and Zenea are the only 2 active villagers and our allies had access to pass gates and could not pick up anything unless we allowed thm while they were there and removed it when they left.

very upset and disappointed enough stuff to fill 9 large crates if not more

anyone know of anyone causing trouble in southern pristine near Vipers pleasee let me know

• Like 1

We have been having problems in SW Xanadu also. There are three people run ing around stealing everything they can get their hands on. I don't know their names but can find out if you need to know.

Good luck!

Edited by Kyleshandra

are the BSB and FSBs also gone or just the contents?

This is probably NOT your issue but I will mention it on the offchance. I have on low settings an issue where BSBs and FSBs will "go invisible" on me, (also other items) unlikely this is your issue but just to check. If you are able to mouse over the exact spot (you have to know precisely where it is) you would see an invisible outline, like this:

bsb.png

Unless you hit the exact spot though there is no outline or clue it is there. I finally figured a way to force them to reappear, by ticking randomly any box in the ingame > settings > compatability > save changes but they will still be invisible sometime to my other character and also invisible the next time I am there.  I have a bug report but no dev response on it. Again if you had GMs out to look then this could not be the same issue, just trying to rule out everything.

It is certain the BSBs were not low quality and decayed? Sionce you mentionned they predated the deed if I understood that part. 

Also I once had someone able to LOAD a locked chest over a fence into a wagon which surprised me, but usually BSB/FSB cannot be loaded. (the chest was theirs anyway from a previous deed, I was looking for the writ to the gatehouse too let them in when I noticed they had loaded it over the fence before I could unlock the gatehouse. . I cannot recall now if I enabled loading on the deed yet but their wagon was offdeed and the chest was on deed, one tile away, in case that was a factor. I was mostly surprised it allowed loading over a fence.)

The new "Haul Up/Haul Down" allows one to move a full BSB/FSB even if planted by someone else but the person needs to be standing at a ladder opening which does not sound likely given your description of locked fences (ie outdoor pen)

I hope GMs will find out whether there are yet more/new exploits allowing thefts on Freedom :(

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Here's what may have happened. 

Your "allies" may have went in your locked pen while you were logged off. There's a possibility someone threw 1 item in each bin to register the bin as "theirs" in the database. Once that was done, they were able to pull out any and all items from the bsb and picked the bin up after it was empty.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 1

During the changing of ownership of deeds some pretty strange stuff can happen. Once I made an alt of mine the mayor of the deed I had back then, and the FSB (low qual) that was on the deed just up and poofed. BAM. Gone, and everything in it. It seems that decay tics can seriously 'catch up'. The only thing I could think of was that in that moment that I transferred mayorship and handed the deed over the game thought it was briefly 'undeeded' or something, and nailed just about everything that was low ql with MAJOR decay. I didn't bother with a GM. Not like they could bring my FSB and all it's contents back.

But the game does strange things. I'd look to tweaky game mechanics before I'd look at locked gates being passed and some ninja in the night kind of thing.

Don't assume this. You could ruin friendships over something that didn't even happen. Nothing ruins a friendship faster than accusing someone who you 'know' 'must have' done something, when it's the buggy arsed game that's to blame.

Here's what happened. It's easy to figure out from the info you've posted here, OP:

Your "allies" went in your locked pen while you were logged off. They threw 1 item in each bin to register the bin as "theirs" in the database. Once that was done, they were able to pull out any and all items from the bsb and picked the bin up after it was empty.

• Like 1

Don't assume this. You could ruin friendships over something that didn't even happen. Nothing ruins a friendship faster than accusing someone who you 'know' 'must have' done something, when it's the buggy arsed game that's to blame.

You make a point. Not a strong one, but nonetheless valid. I will edit my OP to remove some of the assumption.