Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

new walls

hello, I have another issue. I just built wooden canopy, but the canopy is inside the house and there is no option how to rotate it ... :-(

Ok This would be a big issue.  Maybe post to bugs???

Question, were you standing inside or outside the building at the time of completion ?

Edited by Lolabelle

Ok This would be a big issue.  Maybe post to bugs???

Question, were you standing inside or outside the building at the time of completion ?

I was standing outside ... the whole time of building that wall ... 

big fail for me is that we cant get on balconys

or atlast to wall...

2vklwes.jpgt87rt3.jpg

• Like 1

its just a guess but i suspect these walls are simply ready for the new collision system. Once it goes in I suspect we should be able to place stuff on the shelves of the oriels and stand in the balconies, but its just a guess.

is kinda bad that we didnt get full set of walls there is missing:

wooden Balcony

stone Balcony

decorative stone Balcony

timber Wide Window

stone Wide Window

stone Canopy Door

timber Canopy Door

wooden Oriel

would be great also to see timber, stone wooden Canopy windows, walls and arch walls, why to be limited

• Like 5

So... wait... you can't go out onto the balconies? They're just cosmetic?

Is this intended to be the final thing, or is it just the collision system doesn't want to play nice with what we have currently?

I'd also like the balcony and jetty floors inside to match the floor of it's adjacent tile.... if I have wood floors I want matching wood floor in the balcony/jetty... not rought ugly timber things that I can't walk on.

I have to push a coffin or something on it now to cover it up... can anyone confirm these aren't finsihed and still being worked on?

All things aside though, I really like the work they're doing on this... these are really awesome!

Edited by Nomadikhan

Ok so it might still be a WIP, but i like what i see so far. As some people have already mentioned, i think some more options would be really cool.

Nice job guys! Can't wait to see more.

Some other items of interest

Polish Items

Stone Oriel -Floor eats the corbels

0Sf3Zyv.jpg

Another gap

Ts5hhJN.jpg

as small as it may seem it can be seen at a distance

kKkp94G.jpg

And just because were on it - Broken corners on parapets

yqkWn3m.jpg

Some items that would be nice

The rest of the wall versions. The trim is really nice on the Stone Oriels but transitioning to plain stone from reg stone can sometimes be problematic depending on the design.

The greenery on the plain stone oriels looks as if its coming from out of nowhere. Would be very nice to have an option to turn just the greenery on the face of the wall on or off. Or simply just move it somewhere where it doesnt look like its springing forth from nothing. It also tends to over exaggerate repetitiveness ( I guess that would be the way to describe the effect) due to its placement. I love the contrast the greenery gives against the walls, and depending on the design it works very well in places, but I think its placement might be better suited elsewhere or just have the option to turn it on or off.

6L4bXT2.jpg

Same thing with the reg stone oriels. It would be nice to be able to position the greenery so that it can be either on one side or the other. It starts making a difference when you have say a door or archway between 2 of them. Being able to center the greenery would be very nice.

vxN8OKT.jpg

Some wish list items

House Roof option the same as the plain stone oriel roofs

Tile type selection for all canopies/ awnings on any wall type - Awning can be of any type - Pottery, slate, wood ect ect ect.

Overall extremely well done.

Edited by sunsvortex

Many thanks to the art team for giving even more variety to what can be done in this wonderfully varied world of WURM. Thinking back to what WURM was several years ago and what it is now is simply mind boggling. Keep up the great work and I look forward to other things you have in store for WURMians. 

• Like 1

Some Oriels added to the keep

wurm.20150315.1244.jpg

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 2

big fail for me is that we cant get on balconys

or atlast to wall...

2vklwes.jpgt87rt3.jpg

I doubt that you will ever be able to walk out onto these balcony style walls since they are actually only on the tile border width and only give the appearance as if they extend onto the outside tile. They do give a nice view to the outside from inside though.

=Ayes=

Oh well, so much for the walls working correctly. At least for a while they did.

nESTLRh.jpg

I was putting oriels on all 4 sides of a tower. Now I have an indoor shrine!

This was the northern side that is inverted.

wurm.20150316.1130.jpg

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 1

I think the balconies and jetties are too tiny to look realistic, they look like they could house some small birds, not humans...  I like the idea, and they do look ok otherwise, just too tiny, 

The Wide window frequently has the eave on ths inside of the room. There a way to rotate it?

Nope, no way to rotate. Its been reported. North and East interior walls face the wrong way.

Would however be nice to get an ETA on the fix for it.

Edited by sunsvortex

It has been like this on the timber framed windows since they came,
South and west works fine.