Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Bugged Head Graphics

turning off character animation will be a work around. at least for mining and other actions you do.

I don't want a "work around" - i want my character's graphics to work properly and not have a scar on my face !

The scar across the forehead is not a bug.  It's part of the 'complexion' customization you choose.  (It's number 3 for your reference.)  If you want it removed, you'll need to acquire another silver mirror and change to a different complexion number.

Hair and headwear graphics issues are known and in the database already.  Thanks for your report.

No, I did NOT choose a scar on my forehead - that came after wearing an iron coif i think - which probably bugged the graphics on my character's head in some way and now needs to be fixed...

That's definitely Complexion Number 3 in character options. It can be hard to see the scar when selecting it, depending on the lighting, and wearing a coif would certainly hide it. I recall almost grabbing that one for one of mine, till I looked closer. 

It might be possible for GM staff to tell "when and how" the complexion option was assigned to your character. It is possible they can trace it to a server rest or something.  

But frankly it would take less time and energy to make a throwaway alt, run a new mirror to the character, and recreate the face.

Or if you can find previous screenshots of your character, with no headgear and a clear look at the forehead, to show to GM. Or just find one willing to do it, who knows.  But I have never heard of the game "switching" character graphics before.

That does not mean this is not a glitch. Just hard to document it.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Made a new character for a hand mirror and this was the result:

[11:29:20] The trade was successful.

[11:29:20] You may not trade the hand mirror.

Baloo, place the mirror inside a container (like a backpack) and trade the backpack.

aah too late was the cry - yet another alt needs to be made...

Baloo, place the mirror inside a container (like a backpack) and trade the backpack.

Well, thanks for that suggestion, but:

[15:25:24] You are not allowed to drop that.

Guess I just have to live with the scar...

Well, thanks for that suggestion, but:

[15:25:24] You are not allowed to drop that.

Guess I just have to live with the scar...