Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 11

WurmW11.png?dl=1

Friends, Wurmians! Lend me your ears!

Last week Johan (RedBaron) gave us some very sad news. After a couple of years as our PR Officer, he had to leave Code Club. During his time here he gave us excellent news and did a great job, with plenty of wit and humour thrown in along the way. He will be sorely missed, but I am sure I speak for the whole community when I say a massive THANK YOU for everything, Johan!

But the show must go on.

Earlier this week, Rolf asked me to carry on Johan’s good work as Wurm’s PR Officer. This is a huge task, but one I am more than eager to embrace! 

For those that don’t know me, my name's Ross but many of your know me as Wossoo. I first joined Wurm in late 2005, and I have been on the Wurm team since 2008 as a Player Assistant all the way up to Game Master. I was also PR Officer here before Johan joined us. So, for some this might be a little deja vu!

It is going to be hard to follow in Johan’s footsteps for many reasons. However it is now my quest to make sure you all get your news fix every week, and some other things along the way such as a monthly email newsletter. The format may change slightly, but only for the best. This week I am going to try to keep it as close to what we're all used to as I can.

None of this will be possible without a strong PR team, so along with Retrograde and Atazoth, I plan to recruit several new PR Assistants. I will be releasing details about how to apply for that very soon, so watch this space!

And with that, it’s time to...

Carry on sharing news!

Bridges

The team is still very hard at work testing and debugging bridges. We want them to be as polished and bug-free as possible when they are released which is why they are taking a bit of extra time.

Our new collision system, which bridges use, is a massive technical step forward for Wurm and will open up a huge range of new opportunities for development. It's going to be pretty revolutionary once it's done and everyone is very excited about it!

Otherwise, progress is coming on very well. A new bridge type is in the works and I hope to show you some more detail about it soon.

New wall options

The coding for the new wall options we announced in Week 9 and last week is nearly finished and we expect to release them soon.

We also have a couple of new screenshots of them - an oriel window set in a plain stone wall, a door with a canopy, and a wide window with a small roof above it.

Stone_plain_oriel2_render1_small.png?dl=

WoodenHouseWalls_News11_small.jpg?dl=1

The new wall types will provide new and interesting options for the architects among us to make the perfect creation! We look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

Banners Everywhere

Work is now under-way to implement the new tall banners into the game. Player-made Kingdom leaders are encouraged to submit their banner designs to us using the templates available here.

7TmZFGo.png

In-Game Valrei Map

We now have an in-game version of the Valrei moon map under development by the art team. I hope to be able to show you some screenshots soon!

For those who don't play on the Epic cluster, Valrei is where the gods battle it out during scenarios. Players on Epic help their gods by completing certain missions and can even directly influence their gods movement.

At the moment it is only possible to view the current position of the gods on the Valrei map in a web browser so an in-game map is much needed!

Elevation Poll

Recently we asked the people of the Epic cluster to provide feedback on how we can improve their experience. One option which was discussed included a potential reset of Epic's main PvP server - Elevation. 

We are currently running a poll in-game to find out what players who live on Elevation think about that option. If you'd like to vote on that poll you must be on the Elevation server. Please note the poll ends today and the results will be announced in due course.

Challenge Accounts

The accounts everyone used to play on Challenge should now be returned to the Golden Valley server where they may be accessed.

I hope you have enjoyed my first Weekly News post!

Until next time,

Happy Wurming!

EDIT: Thanks go to Samool for finding a fix to our slight image problem just now!

• Like 37

Whoops I will try to find out what's wrong with the images.

Ehm, so whats the ETA for the next challenge server? Basiclly no information about Challenge.

• Like 2

Good to have you back, Wossoo! Good luck with your "new" job! :)

• Like 1

Ehm, so whats the ETA for the next challenge server? Basiclly no information about Challenge.

No ETA on that one yet. We have a lot to think about in terms of how to make it more attractive and improved.

Good to have you back around as PRO Wossoo, thanks for your weekly update!

When will we find out if the map will reset or not since the poll ends today :o:P:)

• Like 2

3 years in Valeri gets an in game map, lol.

Edited by FreeTineen
  • Like 1

When will we find out if the map will reset or not since the poll ends today :o:P:)

Once we have determined the result I will announce that on its own. Don't worry - I wont make everyone wait a whole week!

• Like 1

Well not to sound ungrateful but i wish he would have used someone from the wurm offices to do the news but i am glad to see them continuing though. 

Edit: I feel like i need to clarify this a little more Wossoo did a great job but someone in the office everyday will have better understanding of what is truly going on every day and therefor answer any questions with more working knowledge of what is going on. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Valrei map ingame, very very good news, another step in polishing our beautifull epic cluster more!

It would be nice if we could select the roof type to match the existing roof.

• Like 3

Welcome back, Wossoo!

Love the new walls, but some time ago we have been promised a few nice things, and I'm specifically thinking of the bird cage, which would look awesome in our new houses with new furniture in. Any idea what happened to them? And with the black sheep?

And while I'm looking forward to see the new banners in game, I have another question - will freedomers ever have a choice of a different color than that green? it is nice, but with so much grass and trees and .. green stuff around, our world isn't as colourful as it could be :P

Edited by Evening
  • Like 3

Congratz wossoo and welcome back!!!  Look forward to our weekly candy!  The new wall options really give more depth to the game architecture and immersion.   Repunzel comes to mind.  There once were canopies  made of wood for single door stone walls I loved, the canopies for wood walls and wooden window are even better replacements.  The new additions will give more interesting options and viewscapes and appeal to my RL role as an urban planner.  The banners will give nice flare to gateway areas of deeds to properly announce you've arrived some place notable.

I hope all these banners will be options on freedom , not just kingdom restricted on pvp servers.  Moreover, would love to have tabbards of these graphics to chose from on freedom for much the same reason evening has mentioned above.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

So wait, Shiny New office > Red Baron Sacked > Volunteer takes up his old job?

Good to see you here Wossoo.  Thank you for the news, and the lovely photos.

That small little thingy in the first image reminds me of some of the oldest toilets we have in swedish castles :)
I'll make sure to place a washing bowl near one of those in the future !

15437_1281104532.jpg

Later edit: ... and a moat underneath :) so authentic :P

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 8

Wossoo about time too... Welcome back to business :)

Nice :) And what about posting in news on launcher start screen? Would be very kind of you.