Sign in to follow this  
Bloodscythe

Mooring permissions for Deeds

I was thinking about abandoned boats left on people's harbor deeds.  It would be nice to have a deed permission check box for village, alliance, kingdom for the ability to moor boats.

This will prevent many boats from randomly being moored then abandoned on people's Harbor deeds and keep free the space for regular uses.  This will allow better control over space on coastal deeds where people can and cannot put boats.  currently you must submit a support ticket to a GM to move a boat off  your deed if it encumbers your building process, yet otherwise is free to remain.  This saves GM time and prevents many potential hassles and should be rather easy to implement.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 13

Don't care for this type of permission, you can still get a gm to move it if its on your deed and in the way of construction.

This still wont stop a boat already moored when you expand your deed.

I would rather see some kind of mayor permission to manipulate moored boats on there deeds regardless of there owners.

ofc this permission would have to stop at the deed edge.

Edited by lawurm
  • Like 2

Think this is a great solution for stopping boats mooring at your deeds willy-nilly. +1

Don't care for this type of permission, you can still get a gm to move it if its on your deed and in the way of construction.

This still wont stop a boat already moored when you expand your deed.

I would rather see some kind of mayor permission to manipulate moored boats on there deeds regardless of there owners.

ofc this permission would have to stop at the deed edge.

This isn't a solution for boats previously moored, but as you've pointed out, that can be fixed by asking a GM to move it. I think it's a great solution to prevent mooring of boats on deeds with a permission.

I think a mayor should be able to drag any ship that's on deed to a water tile in the perimeter of their deed.

-1, mooring is an essential part of security and denying it is like saying people cant part locked vehicles on your deed. If there was a post about unlocking every vehicle that came on your deed so you could move it away, it would get -1's up the wazoo, because we need the ability to secure our stuff.

• Like 1

the suggestion is to only set permissions to moor on deed, no one is talking about unlocking and not securing one's boat.   No need to induce fear of an issue not presented.  this suggestion merely would regulate where boats moor.  You can still moor off deed and if deed holder permits all to moor on their deed. 

on the comment of mayor privileges to move boats not owned and controlled by them..well I can't imagine anyone supporting that as it has too much potential to grief and transfer of control to a person other than the owner without his consent.

the suggestion is to only set permissions to moor on deed, no one is talking about unlocking and not securing one's boat.   No need to induce fear of an issue not presented.  this suggestion merely would regulate where boats moor.  You can still moor off deed and if deed holder permits all to moor on their deed. 

on the comment of mayor privileges to move boats not owned and controlled by them..well I can't imagine anyone supporting that as it has too much potential to grief and transfer of control to a person other than the owner without his consent.

How about... deed owner can push/pull/turn even moored boats on deed?

Most decent folk would just push it to perimeter, anyone pushing a ship to the far inland side of his deed is likely in for a spanking for griefing.

• Like 1

+1 ~~ I found out my area is a natural spot for people to want to moor and have currently 4 abandoned boats moored on my deed. High was 7 a while back. Freaking annoying.

Edited by Elen

This is a great idea.

Along with that, abandoned boats should be 100% unlocked (locks 'rust' or dissolve, or whatever') And owner and creator tags go poof just like they do on an item created by a player who's account does not exist anymore.I know an island LITTERED with boats, all by accounts which will likely never log in again. And all one can do is have a GM move them off your deed. Then you get to sit and watch them rot for a year, and then some @%#$%#$% comes by and repairs them for the free skillups and you have to wait another year to get them to die. This should not happen.

If a boat is moored, and not on a valid deed, and that player hasn't logged in for... oh... 6 months. That lock should melt and the boat should become free for all.

At least it'd clean up the coastlines a bit.

• Like 2

-1 to tie the solution to permissions.

This would amount to the same as telling visitors to "keep on walking / move on" on your deed.

You built a harbour and should extend common hospitality to all travellers, not just alliance, friends and cronies. If this was implemented, you wouldn't be able to stop at 90+% of harbours unless you chose to live in a big alliance. Talk about making sailing even more unfriendly...

For every boat and ship that lies abandoned, how many more stop over for totally legit reasons - to take a break from sailing in bad winds, to just admire the area, or go and look for wares to purchase?

I don't like the idea, I like the idea of mayors being able to drag off deed (and no further).

Also like the idea of locks eventually rotting away... should be a long time though and have some kind of visual/warning so people won't lose out because they forgot to check.

I think this would wind up irritating more people than not. Imagine you have someone coming to your deed. They are not in your alliance or village but still a friend. You have no way of adding them to permissions to be able to moor his boat. Well i guess you could add his village as a role but this would allow his whole village to moor and well you can only add like 3 deeds max manually before you get the message if you need to add more roles delete some.

people still deed over boats as well...or has it been changed so you cannot deed a boat?

Edited by Uberknot

+1 towards anything that even begins to try to sort out our abandoned ship problem.

Half the people on my ignore list are `unknown` but i bet their ships are still about.

Any problems this causes welcomed guests could be easily solved by a little creative thinking.. which i assume our developers have in abundance :)

Edited by Steveleeb