Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Tower guards not attacking

I am observing this for some weeks:

In my vicinity there is a guard tower with 5 guards. When I call for help only one of the three groups (i.e. one or two guards) respond - regardless how often I repeat the call for help. The others can be seen standing around (sometimes close to the fight scene, as seen in this screenshot):

6UBKOVU.jpg

You see that I called the guards repeatedly, and they responded in local chat. However, instead of fighting they just stand and watch! (Lazy guys, probably on strike... ;) )

Most other guard towers work as expected - I only remember having seen this behaviour once or twice before. It is perfectly reproducable with this one, though.

There is a tower up by Foxden that does the same thing. 1 guard helps, the other sit there and pick their nose. Repeatable every time.

If you have the fighting skill you can try killing the guards that don't seem to respond.  Hopefully the new recruits will be more willing to do their jobs.  You can also use /support in game and if a GM is available they can come see if there is an issue with the guards just standing around.

• Like 1

I have 3 towers guards near me and almost always some guards just sit and don't move when i call, lot of time they get stuck on caves nearby...they respond to the call but none come, even if they are just a few tiles away from tower. Sometime have not problem at all whit them so no idea really how's about.

As of today, those lazy tower guards are on duty again. No idea what happened - maybe the latest server reboot?

Guard strike is over  \o/

• Like 1

I still observe this problem now and then. And it's not always the same guard tower, so there seems to be a guard bug of some kind.