Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

The Art team is doing a wonderful job.

Hats off the current art team! I come back from time to time to see what’s been going on. I spent a great deal of time on this project after all. You guys are pushing through things I always wanted to during my time here. The look of the entire game is finally starting to look intentional :)

Just congrats all around everyone.

• Like 18

Indeed, they are doing a wonderful job!

Also, glad to see you are well and still pop by from time to time Mrbloodworth!

the entire game is finally starting to look intentional 

QFT, could not have said it better

• Like 1

Theres been amazing changes and cool new directions.

I especially love the new hatchet and hope all tools develop in to the very same style

Amen.

Some great artwork has been coming in for quite some time now. We are starting to look slick, people! Slick!

Now, everybody bathe your characters before they upgrade that too and we'll all notice we look a bunch of cavemen.

Edited by Valdor

The look of the entire game is finally starting to look intentional :)

Hats off the current art team!

You paved the way, man. Prior to you, art devopment in Wurm was basically non-existent.

Rolf has got himself one hell of a team now. Wox, Saroman and the rest of the group work really hard to bring new visuals to the game on an almost constant basis. And it's quality stuff. 

Special kudoes to the animations on seals... 

Only downside is if you're good at taming and show them to some local girls, they'll want a handful for pets lol 

I think another thing worth mentioning is not only the quality of the artwork but the type of it. I have seen many great looking games out there, but most of them have one thing in common - stylized graphics. They are beautiful and hard to make, but they are often out of touch with reality and that gives the art team a slight advantage. Take many MMOs out there, where swords look like oversized, cartoon laser rifles with quantum attachments.

In Wurm, we want our graphics to be realistic. And ironically enough, many of those who have tried making realistic graphics will attest the difficulty behind that task. In my opinion, it's harder to make a hatchet that looks nearly real or a tree that looks like the one in my back yard, than an axe the size of a small SUV with make-believe cartoon contraptions and a scope on it.

What makes it even more amazing is that we are getting a nice dose of realistic graphics in an online game. It's one thing to make a game like Skyrim look good, but try to do something remotely similar in an online game, where things have to work across ten thousand different intenet connection limitations.

But it does happen on Wurm. In steady, constantly coming graphics patches. And they make the world look great.

So, yea... long story short... woot!

Edited by Valdor

A nice compliment from the former artwork editor. Good to read that you come into the game from time to time MrB, to experience the wonderful game environment that the new artwork team is constantly evolving and improving upon. Intentional artwork, yea that's the ticket!

=Ayes=

MrB!

I miss the crop graphics you made. (imo) that was one of the best changes I've seen in Wurm. All too often Wurm puts functional aspects second to aesthetics. If I could I'd go back to using your crops graphics in a heart beat.

As far as wurm looking "as intended" that line of thinking isn't cool in my book. Outrageous fantasy type graphics are actually far better because you don't the impossible obstacle of mimicking reality.

If I had my way we would be able to customize the art work in the client. I'd like a cartoonish simplified theme. 

While I personally prefer gameplay over eye-candy... that's not to say I don't enjoy more eye candy.

I enjoy gameplay while surrounded by eye-candy.