Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

I wanna hear your derp moments! (Raffle giveaway)

Friend invites me to check out the game which I was surprised I had never heard of. So I make a toon and do the tutorial then teleport to the Howl on Indy whereupon she /vinvites me to her deed in North Indy near Ultimarus and I use the vteleport to her deed.

Not 10 minutes after arriving on Indy, I walk over to the next deed which looked like a town to me. I see a troll standing on the side of the road so I go over to talk to it thinking it's an NPC to see if it has a quest or is selling something. Well of course it starts bashing at me and I'm within 10 tiles of a guard tower but could not understand why the guards would not come. I had not been taught to yell help yet at this point.

So I die and the window asking where I want to respawn comes up, I don't see anything other than the Howl on the menu for whatever reason and select that and respawn at the Howl.

That was the longest hour and a half to walk back up to our deed along the shoreline and she met me halfway.

oh lol a recent one i had, i was talking and moving on a cart and going to unload some crates whle eating, somehow i transfered my cart to Lol.

if thats not enough the gm the got the cart back to me told it wasnt the first case of that he got :D

That moment when i wanted to rename my rare large cart to Wulf (short for Wulfgar) and transfered it to Wulf instead in the middle of Exo.

Heh remembered another one. After you make anew alt and give him a sword an plate. Forget in 10 mins that this is 1 fs guy who can barely ride a horse instead of a strong main. So i was running around and saw a troll, was like yeah, some sword skill and FS. Lets but it this way. It did end fast with 4hits and a red tunnel.

Have a few:

*Drowning was recently implemented and I forgot about it. Was dragging a cart down to the ocean and thought to myself "yeah, go run to the bathroom and grab a drink. you won't be gone long enough to hit the server border." Came back to a red screen and a teleport option.

*At the Christmas Impalong at Pendleton on Deli a couple years ago, GMs did their usual critter spawn events. A few Nogumps drop in the area and a half dozen of us go running towards them. I'm all gung-ho about it, and I ran to the first one I could find. I'm tanking, and I am getting tossed up against a fence about 3 tiles away.... repetitively. Watching my health bar drop pretty quick, I notice that the Nogump isn't losing life as quickly as I'd like him to be. I pan my view around and notice that the group I ran into battle with went towards a different nogump and I was soloing the one I was playing with. I deserved that death... It was cocky/arrogant of me to assume I had others behind me without even checking.

*At one of the last unique kills I attended, we were all warned when the mine door was going to be "unlocked". We were also warned to not go in because the unique had made a complete mess inside. Literally right after that was said in local AND team chat, the unique pops out of his hole and I target and lunge forward. So, I'm on a craptop, the computer stutters because it's a craptop, add to the fact that 20 Wurm players can't be in local together without taxing out the memory of high end machines. When I finally got my client to be responsive (and my FPS to not say 0) I found myself at the bottom of the 1000+ slope dropshaft it had made in the cave. After traveling for 3 hours to get to the event, I got to sit in there and watch the combat tab. Then, some awesome GMs came afterwards and bailed me out.

Sailing 7hours thinking it was bad wind in xanadu.. I actually never pressed down X -autorun.

Never told anybody ._.

• Like 9

I cast an Animal Demise on a pelt instead of coc. Like the poor bugger hadn't suffered enough already....

Yesterday I went to get my shovel 3 times....never did get it....but got a lot of other stuff done. :)

That AD thing had me in stitches. :)

And as for forgetting stuff... Try getting halfway across the monster filled map, in the middle of the desert, then remember that you forgot your gate keys to your hunting outpost half a world away, along with the cotton. Then go all the way back, get the cotton, come all the way back to the hunting outpost, and realize you forgot the keys. Again. Yea... I have those days. :P

Addendum: And then remember that you left your armour in your OTHER cart, because you took it off when you were doing fixing up around your deed. Then... it's just time to go fishing. One thing I do keep, is a pole in every cart. ;)

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 1

Fueled forge with a 102 coc rare meditation rug.....

Bought new rug. 99 Coc. Fueled forge with new rug within 20 minutes.

Gave up on life.

• Like 5

Sailing 7hours thinking it was bad wind in xanadu.. I actually never pressed down X -autorun.

Never told anybody ._.

I laughed way to hard at this...

• Like 1

My derpy moment as a noob when it took me about 2 weeks to find out that wooden tools don't actually need the very wooden type to be improved...

... oh yes, imping pinewood tools only with pinewood and so on ... wasted the best of 2 days to find a willow tree ><

• Like 1

Idk if this is derpy moment.. But spending 4hours to teach a noobie who never logged in tomorrow.

Makes u feel like 'k den'

• Like 1

Years ago when traps came out, I figured I'd give them a try.  Made a nice ropetrap, placed it, figured I'd see what happened when I disarmed it.

I had a 98+ ql shovel (98.55ql, iirc) I had been imping up as a gift to Baldeagleog in my inventory.  I figured the shovel would be as good as any of an item to disarm said trap.

If you are remotely familiar with how disarming traps works, you can fill in the blanks yourself.

Perhaps my favorite derp story ever was one time, JK on Wild was down fighting BL.  Fernando, being a Prince among men in general, had a bad habit at the time of when heavy pvp started, he'd get sort of wigged out and just throw things randomly.  I recall him getting over stimulated that day and throwing his lg maul and winging Awesomefusion upside the head with this rather high ql large maul, damned near killing him in the process.

That was the day we coined the term "Eh, it's Fernando, what you gonna do".

• Like 2

Idk if this is derpy moment.. But spending 4hours to teach a noobie who never logged in tomorrow.

Makes u feel like 'k den'

This one time, at band ca... Wait it wasn't band camp, but this one time, I was on my way to my Libila priest to cast some longbows, it was about 8 or 11 can't remember, but I got caught in some pvp and well, kinda went it to a unsafe 'safe mine' and died and lost the bows.

Those longbows were all rare :(

#derp

Edited by Lulu

And my favorite belongs to the wife. Mistakenly selling her rare butchering knife to the merchant rather than the corpse she thought she was selling.

I have a feeling I may be in a little bit of trouble for telling that last one. :)

I am pretty famous among my friends for using my shovel as a javelin.  :D

The first time we were fighting a croc. and after we killed it and butchered it there was my shovel in it's body!   :o I got it back that time but I seem to keep forgetting to shift from ranged to normal combat so I no longer take my good shovel hunting; although just had to buy another good shovel from Mamadarkness 2 weeks ago.  :rolleyes:

Other things mentioned in this thread I am guilty of:

Sailing to restock merchant on another server and remembering stock only after crossing server border.   Check

Selling enchanted carving knife instead of corpse.    Check

Fueling forge with expensive items (like mallets)    Check

Sailing without hitting 'x'                                           Check

Drowning due to cat walking on keyboard while AFK             Check

and I am sure I will be reminded of more from others in this thread.   ;)

• Like 1

Never ending cycle - I had at least 20 situations like this, and many times more situations when players who learned basics just quit after less than 1 week. Happily, at least some of these newbies are still in game nowadays - maybe 2-3% of them, but this is something.

Spent many of my first hours on xanadu digging a mine that turned out to be below water level and no good. Also lost several small carts. The end.

Edited by Tipper

Last Christmas I gave all my friends bear helms.  I spent weeks chasing and killing every brown bear I could find, as I did not know that you could use some of the two million and sixty four generic furs in the bsb's to add to the fur if you failed to make the rug and did not have enough brown bear fur left...

...but I bet nobody can beat the derp moment when you find out one of your allies is deaf irl after you linked about ten music videos ...

• Like 2

I logged in today, trying all my BSB's, they were all saying something was coming out, but nothing was showing up in my inventory...I asked in Freedom 'What's the deal?'...someone's like 'Support it!'...so I did. CM got to me, asked me to try logging for /lotime, and we went through the motions/asking me a few questions...still nothing...so they forwarded it to GM's...then the CM and I were chatting about other stuff...and then I asked a couple other questions, and mentioned that it was still giving me the messages...and then it dawned on me...my inventory was full. The CM must've come to the same realization about that time...they were like 'Wait, is your inventory full?' and I'm like..

'I just thought about that. lol'

'Oh god. That was it.'

'Resolve it! lol'

I'd made about 80 healing covers before I logged off, and because the token had no coins in the coffer...and they decay when not in inventory, I'd put the higher QL stuff in inventory before logging off...

*facepalms*

• Like 1

Enchanted wrong thing.

Wrong thing was QL1 skiller.

Wrong thing went boom.

(The derp was lightened by my initial worry that I'd shattered the right thing)

Also, my tremendous number of CoC saddles and horseshoes are less derp moments and more derp episodes.

Sometimes I dispel them out of shame.

• Like 2

I disbanded a deed and later realized I had a trader on another deed that was sitizen of the first deed and thus got deleted, this trader was just a few months old.  I raged for a while then decided to buy a new trader, some months later traders were nerfed, Xanadu opened etc. Result being lots of lost silver and a trader that doesn't make any money (almost). 

• Like 1

Oh! Maybe I could get recognised for my derpy moments which I wrote about on a blog and posted to the scribes corner. I named it the Legend of Boatgaard but it was basically my journey from Deliverance to Exodus and some hilarious moments written in a story theme with music included in some of them.

Legend of Boatgaard Episode 1 - Derpy Moment 1!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/99077-legend-of-boatgaard-role-play-blog/

Legend of Boatgaard Episode 2 - Derpy Moment 2!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/99144-legend-of-boatgaard-episode-2/

Legend of Boatgaard Episode 3 - Derpy Moment 3!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/99654-legend-of-boatgaard-episode-3/

Legend of Boatgaard Episode 4 - Derpy Moment 4!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/100042-legend-of-boatgaard-episode-4-music-included/

I'd love to be recognised for my work on them.

The link to Legend of Boatgaard has now been changed to https://thebrokebackbachelors.wordpress.com where I will be writing about my perils living at a friends deed called Brokeback.

All of the episodes on the Legend of Boatgaard were based on real  experiences but written in a story theme with added derpyness to make it fun to read.

:)

I had a battle on my GM toon with another GM at a tournament event. Long story short my GM toon died and some players decided to loot the corpse...

That was not a high point for me.

Got the stuff back though  :angry:

• Like 2

Most of mine are to do with being AFK at the wrong place/time

Two incidents stand out that I can remember clearly,

One time I was with other JK sailing around the big pond on Chaos that's inbetween Kratos, HoTA and the DC Islands. We were either on our way back from raiding or on the way to another target, I forget the details.

It was very, very late for me and I was struggling to keep my eyes open, so I thought it'd be a wise idea to leave my character on auto-sail aimed at the right direction while I rest my eyes and lay down for a few minutes to kill time sailing.

... I woke up several hours later to find my character had sailed so far that my boat had bumped into the edge of the server (you didn't die from sharks at the server edge back then) and kicked me out. My character then continued to auto-swim, sliding along the server border until I hit the far corner of the server where the two invisible walls of east and south met. You coudn't cross to freedom at this time either so east of chaos was a dead end and there was no drowning at that time luckily for me.

I had to endure the slow swim back to my boat further north up the eastern border and sail all the way back home. :P

The second time, we were doing something up ontop of The Horde mountain, we had a tunnel to the top and a safe mine. It was really late for me again and I was in there along with others and we were getting ready to retreat down the tunnel and go home since the BL were bashing their way in I think. Sometime around here I faceplanted my keyboard and fell asleep cause the next thing I remember is waking up and finding myself somehow still alive and the only JK left in local. Someone may have logged into my account to log me off and save me or something cause I really can't remember how I didn't get killed, I might have been stealthed maybe.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 1