Sign in to follow this  
adonies

Can't sell Rope to Token

I used to be able to sell 'rope' to the token; actually I've already sold hundreds as I've been skilling up ropemaking.

However, in the last 3 days (8, 9, and 10 of March) I cannot sell 'rope' to the Token (neither thick, mooring, or cordage, in case it's relevant).

I don't get the option by R-Clicking - and when I attempt by keybind, I get the message "That item can not be sold this way."

I talked to the CAs every time, and had it verified that they are all able to sell 'rope's to their tokens, even in different servers (I'm on Xanadu), which shows that it's only me that has the issue.

Since it's been ongoing for 3 days now, can someone please look into it?

Server: Xanadu

Deed (token) "Acropolis"

Character "Adonies"

Make sure the rope is not combined and exactly the original weight, combined rope cannot be sold.

I don't think you ever could sell rope even back when the system was new. (i just tried again and still nothing so it has been like that for me since the start) 

Edited by Kegan

Make sure the rope is not combined and exactly the original weight, combined rope cannot be sold.

I took like 90 pieces out of the BSB.

I don't think you ever could sell rope even back when the system was new. (i just tried again and still nothing so it was been like that for me anyways since the start) 

It seems like you have the same issue, CAs verified that they are still able to do it, and I was definitely able previously.

I was one of those that tried and could on Xanadu.
And of the CAs I remember Lisabet also could on Pristine.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

Because of the quality and weight of certain items, there are instances where the value of the item is too high to sell to the token.

For example:

I can sell a quality 40 bear fur to the token.

I cannot sell a quality 70 bear fur to the token.

If I put the quality 70 bear fur in a bsb and remove the 4 resulting 'fur' at quality 70, I can sell all 4.  

The next time you try, pay attention to the weight of the rope and the quality.  See if any of that makes a difference.  Then put your ropes into a bsb and then remove them to see if it makes a difference.

Well the rope i was trying with was over 40ql and from the bsb so it might be that 40ql is the cut off on it. I don't have any below that ql to test with though. 

Just tried on Independence:

No option to sell - cordage, thick or mooring.

Sell option for - rope.  (My rope was approx. quality 20)

Because of the quality and weight of certain items, there are instances where the value of the item is too high to sell to the token.

For example:

I can sell a quality 40 bear fur to the token.

I cannot sell a quality 70 bear fur to the token.

If I put the quality 70 bear fur in a bsb and remove the 4 resulting 'fur' at quality 70, I can sell all 4.  

The next time you try, pay attention to the weight of the rope and the quality.  See if any of that makes a difference.  Then put your ropes into a bsb and then remove them to see if it makes a difference.

My ropes were straight out of BSB, 90 pieces, and the quality was 32.

Well the rope i was trying with was over 40ql and from the bsb so it might be that 40ql is the cut off on it. I don't have any below that ql to test with though. 

I will definitely try later with some lower ql rope I'm going to make.

Case solved.

Ropes can only be sold up to, and including, 30ql.

My ropes became increasingly better as I raised ropemaking, so at 32ql they became unacceptable to the Token.

Thank you all for your input, please close the topic.

• Like 1