Sign in to follow this  
Covenant

Herb potting

Somewhat prompted by a mission involving sacrificing several hundred parsley of decent quality, and my pathetic FSB I've filled over the years with the disgraceful results of my feeble botanising skills, I'd like to suggest a more sustainable method of acquiring herbs. Planting them in flower pots. This could use one herb for planting, then eventually yield two when grown. Or possibly be a bit like a tree and have a constant growth, with need of taking trimmings of the herb now and then and setting its growth back a stage. Either way, a method of getting herbs with the quality of the resulting herb maybe being decided by Gardening skill, or even Forestry.

This is a bit of a re-imagining of a previous thread regarding herb gardens, but I think with the assets mostly already in game for this (pots, ability to water flowers in the pots, etc), it'd be a good expansion of the lesser loved skills, whether it's used for decorational purposes with lavish herb gardens, or just gathering obscene amounts of herbs for missions. Or for that cooking thing. Since it wouldn't have the same potential coin reward as foraging/botanising, I believe it wouldn't totally render those skills obsolete either.

Anyhow, comments and such very much welcomed! 2am at the time of writing, so please point out where I waffled and made no sense. =)

~Cov

• Like 17

Definite +1. Would be nice if herbs also increased food QL a bit too possibly to make it something useful other than just sac mission and some healing covers.

would love a lil herb garden and those box things

• Like 3

+1 for this. Also, Flower boxes/herb gardens would look great hanging from those new window designs.

+1

I wrote a suggestion much like this. Mine also said link it to gardening ;)