Sign in to follow this  
Nathegar

Cauldron/Challenge server removed from list

I am not sure there will be a round 3. When will our characters be put in GV so we can access our silver? Thank-you!

i think hes done with challenge for now, It seems getting epic "alive" again is the main priority right now

• Like 2

i think hes done with challenge for now, It seems getting epic "alive" again is the main priority right now

That would be my guess too

If this is true... Good decision IMO. I hope Freedom and major 'global' issues will get more attention as well. :)

• Like 1

I thought it might be good to draw in players but i don't think so now. It was/is good for fast testing but as a full time focus i don't think it works when you can just focus on Epic.

The only trouble i see with epic (any pvp server really) is that the long term players have such a strong hold on the servers they play on that they get upset with any new features/changes that threatens that.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

I thought it might be good to draw in players but i don't think so now. It was/is good for fast testing but as a full time focus i don't think it works when you can just focus on Epic.

The only trouble i see with epic (any pvp server really) is that the long term players have such a strong hold on the servers they play on that they get upset with any new features/changes that threatens that.

Honestly, It did work tho, It brought a quite a few people back to wurm(Myself included). Really if rolf just sends out a news letter with something new and interesting every once in awhile, for wurm, Im sure he could bring in far more players than he thinks he can with just a new server. 

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 2

biggest reason people joined was to the the silver and unique items to sell for Money though. It wasen't for the actual gamestyle.

• Like 1

biggest reason people joined was to the the silver and unique items to sell for Money though. It wasen't for the actual gamestyle.

Lol... Joined for the silver. THAT made me chuckle lol, If you look at the stats from the two rounds, You'l notice theirs about 20 to 30 people who tried for anything, Everyone else were their for the server. Me personally i tried for some of those, But that wasn't why i was their and participated in it. I partook because it was FUN(Round 1#, Except PMK/drama). Personally i would love round 1# Playstyle + Dominances map, Oh man, Would be lovely. 

Challenge was an experiment in changing the playstyle of Wurm's PvP, without changing the mechanics of Wurm's combat.

It was sad, really.

But he said he was going to concentrate on bridges going live. I read it.  :o

Personally I'd rather Wurm return to it's roots. I never liked the idea of challenge... A temporary playstyle isn't fun for me. Epic didn't appeal to me either. I've played Wild, then Chaos, and now freedom for four years now and still login excited to play the same as I did the day I started this game.

• Like 1

But he said he was going to concentrate on bridges going live. I read it.  :o

Don't forget this clatius, Just because rolf himself sets his mind on one thing, Doesn't mean that bridges, Or any of the other servers are being neglected or ignored. Theirs always someone on bridges, client, or whatever, But whats being changed right now, Is epic. Bridges are still a focus ofcourse, But rolf is doing what rolf does best, doing stuff for PvP, Since thats his dream-game-plan after-all. So don't worry about bridges being forgotten/put on hold, Their still coming, and soon since their testing & bug squashing in the test server.

Yep I know, hence the question - lots of paid-for silver stuck in limbo until the characters are moved back to GV...

I don't think we're going to get that Silver back anytime soon.

I ninja'd this thread too ;)

You're like a  :ph34r:

Darn my butter fingers

• Like 1

It is pretty disingenuous to say Challenge is a failure when it wasn't given even a chance of success.

The only advanced notice for Challenge2 was a facebook post a few days prior. How can you expect to attract players for it when nobody knows about it until the day before it starts?

And then once it ends, how can I keep my villagers together when there is no ETA or even estimated ETA for the Challenge3? My villagers then move onto other games and don't want to play the next Challenge when I can't tell them more than "It probably will exist, probably within a few months, probably with a 2-4 week playtime".