Sign in to follow this  
Faolin

Fishing rewards

I've given quite a bit of thought to the fishing skill, I fish as often as I can in game. The fish help to tame or feed meat eaters that I have penned. But sadly now that octopi have been added there's no need to fish for ink, what's the ultimate gain, rare fish such as shark etc. I thought wouldn't it be fun on occasion to snag something below and pull out some random trinket as so many of us have done in RL. I've snagged everything from moss to a rouge sneaker once.

I think it would be a fun addition to fishing to pull up an odd piece now and then at all level of skill from random garbage to possibly something much better at say 100 fishing skill. Imagine the thrill of snagging a chest and once opened you find a shiny gem inside or perhaps a random chunk of good ql ore. Even more fun yet what if that cast could bring up something from the deep you weren't expecting say a serpent. I think knowing that could happen would perk me up enough while I'm skilling to not get a case of the yawns. Anyway just a thought I've been rolling around for a bit.

• Like 6

Anything to add diversity to fishing would indeed be a good thing.

Maybe even a 'rare' chance to find a coin once in a while wouldn't be out of the question. I like the gem idea and/or snagging a piece of ore.

I know that I've fished up some very interesting stuff in real life.

Would make fishing definitely more interesting as you'd never know what may be on the random loot table.

Perhaps even a message in a bottle, when opened gives a treasure map to a chest with something fun in it.

The possibilities are endless! :)

• Like 1

Or give us the ability to smoke and FSB fish, then there'd be a reason

• Like 2

+1

Fishing could certainly use some love, this is a great idea.

People alt tab fishing....they dont even watch it.

Maybe if fishing took something else other than spam hotkey and use in the background....

Like IF you are watching and press something you have a chance at something.

Edited by Uberknot

People alt tab fishing....they dont even watch it.

Maybe if fishing took something else other than spam hotkey and use in the background....

Like IF you are watching and press something you have a chance at something.

Or if you aren't and pull up something nasty like a serpent ;)

I managed to snag an entire log before. Thatd be great ingame since I cannot woodcut as fo! :P

I managed to snag an entire log before. Thatd be great ingame since I cannot woodcut as fo! :P

Two summers ago fishing, I felt this serious tug on the line, so pulled thinking I'd gotten a large catfish or a gar. On my little itty bitty panfish pole, with the super thin line, no less. But being somewhat experienced in fishing, I slowly but steadily pulled it in. When I got it to shore, it was a monster. 30 pounds at least. Biggest damn DRIFTWOOD I'd ever seen. :P

That'd be amusing to fish up. :)

Add leather boots and other random ql junk. +1

Or give us the ability to smoke and FSB fish, then there'd be a reason

It has been shown that smoking fish leads to cancer. And very, very bad breath. But yeah, preserve it somehow.

+1 Messages in bottles could be an idea as well. The messages could be a map that could lead to treasure.