Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Honey anyone?

I seen this today on the YouTube trends page and if you like honey it has never been easier to get. They have invented a new hive that makes extracting the honey easy and it does not disturb the bees during the process with just a twist of a handle.

They have raised over 5 million dollars so far on their IndieGoGo campaign but thought i would share it with you incase you have missed it and want to get one for yourself.

http://www.honeyflow.com/

;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbMV9qYIXqM

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

STEAL ALL THEIR HONEY!

Seems so simple, surprised no one has done it before...there's gotta be some sort of drawback?

I saw the honey just flowed out of this one, yet it is usually fairly hardened in 'normal' beehives like the one in the video where they had to scrape off the honey.

Anyone know how they get the honey to flow out so pure and liquid compared to normal hives?

After 5000 years someone has finally come up with a fantastic way to harvest honey. 

Lexica - The scraping is because the honey is encased in wax cells. In the man made cells the wax is only on the surface.

Edited by Clatius

STEAL ALL THEIR HONEY!

Seems so simple, surprised no one has done it before...there's gotta be some sort of drawback?

I saw the honey just flowed out of this one, yet it is usually fairly hardened in 'normal' beehives like the one in the video where they had to scrape off the honey.

Anyone know how they get the honey to flow out so pure and liquid compared to normal hives?

they are explaining it in the video btw :)

wow, such simple solution, it is unbelievable, great :D

I have to consult it with friend - experienced bee-keeper, but me myself do not see there weak points/flaws

they are explaining it in the video btw :)

Yeah, I know they shift the honeycomb pattern, but shouldn't the honey already be just as hard inside as it is in a normal hive? That's the part I don't get. It's not like it stays liquid usually or it wouldn't be so difficult the old way either.

Yeah, I know they shift the honeycomb pattern, but shouldn't the honey already be just as hard inside as it is in a normal hive? That's the part I don't get. It's not like it stays liquid usually or it wouldn't be so difficult the old way either.

As I know it from real, cut off waxed side and wait for honey to spill out is enough. Using centrifuge just leads to better results, but usually is not necessary. Probably it depends on source of nectar mainly and if there is used sugar to feed bees in weak months.

But I'm not bee-keeper, just observer and/or helper sometimes.