Sign in to follow this  
dapperdan

stamina drain and crafting on vehicles

I understand how it is used but why would it be so bad to have it removed from pvp. it doesnt add anything to the game its just an annoyance.

Having to repair my gear to keep it in top shape for pvp is an annoyance, we should have auto repair

Having to tame my hell horse for pvp is an annoyance, they should auto tame when we click lead

Having to keep horses fed for top speed for pvp is an annoyance, they should auto feed while ridden, even on pavement or dirt

Having to drink water for fastest stamina regen for pvp is an annoyance, we should autodrink if we are carrying water or near a water source

Having to constantly aim upper center on everyone I fight is an annoyance, it should just already be aimed at their head

Having to know when to click defensive in pvp so I don't die is an annoyance, it should know when to swap and do it for me

Do you see the point yet? It's player control, player tactics, player improvement, player knowledge

• Like 3

My issue is the stamina drain when riding a wagon or cart.  The animals are doing the work, there is no reason for stamina to deplete.

• Like 1

I'll start the bidding....

So you like it when you have zero stam from sailing a ship, or riding a horse?

Oh I especially love when it bugs out, and the stam NEVER goes back up even when you are completely stopped....

Keep your bidding, and give a rational reason why you actually want this.

Having to repair my gear to keep it in top shape for pvp is an annoyance, we should have auto repair

Having to tame my hell horse for pvp is an annoyance, they should auto tame when we click lead

Having to keep horses fed for top speed for pvp is an annoyance, they should auto feed while ridden, even on pavement or dirt

Having to drink water for fastest stamina regen for pvp is an annoyance, we should autodrink if we are carrying water or near a water source

Having to constantly aim upper center on everyone I fight is an annoyance, it should just already be aimed at their head

Having to know when to click defensive in pvp so I don't die is an annoyance, it should know when to swap and do it for me

Do you see the point yet? It's player control, player tactics, player improvement, player knowledge

No I don't see the point.

You're making it sound like the OP is being lazy.   He's not.  A lot of things you listed have NOTHING to do with why stamina goes down to zero from RIDING something.  It feels like a mistake or oversight that was left in the game.

Like how you can be repairing your armor and when you move one tile away from when you started the repair, you get the "You are too far away" nonsense.  It's ON my body, how can I be too far?

This is just an annoyance that doesn't even make any sense.  My butt is sitting on something, how exactly am I completely exhausted from that?

Dapper does have a good point, Now before I start let me preface this, that I have only been playing this about 5 months and I love this game. Now I have questioned that same thing why does MY stamina need to drop when riding a mount? I would believe the MOUNTS stamina would be a drain ie. they slow down to a crawl as stamina drops. I also understand the combat mech. as you enter combat, you're engaged with an ememy, your stamina drops just like any other combat. You mentioned on PvP that the stragedy is to wait till the driver runs out of stamina, could very easily wait for mount to run out of stamina. Why don't mobs have stamina? They chase you until they lose focus or YOU run out of stamina. Not trying to create animosity on the forum, I just think it would be more realisic (Yes I know this isn't a REALISTIC game it just makes since).  As a late thought how about LESS of a stamina drop while riding or commanding, 'cause you are riding and the travel would take a toll. Just my 2 cents

Can already craft in passenger, but I can see how crafting as driver would be a bit weird

I agree it's weird but they need to give captains something to do IMO. Sea trips generally require very little steering. They are long boring trips during which you gain no skills. Letting you do a bit of crafting would encourage people to get off deed more. If they add something else that makes captaining a boat a bit more involved / raises your characteristics then get rid of it.

Edited by Eldurian
  • Like 1

I would like to be able to use a yoyo while sailing something to pass the timing while I mutter freaking wind.

Weirdly enough, you can make healing covers while captain of a boat. I take a bag of mushrooms and creature parts with me now. It would make sense if we could use a spindle while on a cart/boat because historically, people did. Maybe other small crafts would work as well. Ropemaking? 

I agree it's weird but they need to give captains something to do IMO. Sea trips generally require very little steering. They are long boring trips during which you gain no skills. Letting you do a bit of crafting would encourage people to get off deed more. If they add something else that makes captaining a boat a bit more involved / raises your characteristics then get rid of it.

Hey that's really useful to know. Thanks for the info. Too bad I'm not a Fo priest any longer.