Sign in to follow this  
dapperdan

stamina drain and crafting on vehicles

remove stamina drain on all mounts and vehicles. this just feels like some mistake in the coding that never got fixed.

secondly, allow crafting and improving and everything else for captains and passengers of any vehicle.(not mounts).

• Like 3

I'll see your -1 and raise it a +1.

There's no reason for stamina drain on vehicles. It just makes fighting something stupid. You have to stop after a very short time to regain your stamina, because if you get ganked with no stamina, you're kinda hosed and slow to respond. It also makes it that in mob heavy areas you have to *stop* to regain stamina, which is very inconvenient. The horse or wagon is carrying me, not the other way around. You don't get completely exhausted by driving a wagon for 45 seconds.

Also, whilst crafting for the captain is a bit of a stretch, crafting for the passengers is not. People did plenty of crafting whilst riding in wagons in the old days. Heck, people built whole pieces of furniture whilst riding in the back of a 'wagon train' in the Old West.

• Like 1

They removed crafting while on a cart?

at the least explain yourself instead of just leaving your -1 behind

really dont see how it could possibly hurt pvp if its applied to all players, sorry

Can already craft in passenger, but I can see how crafting as driver would be a bit weird

Probably because watching stamina while riding a horse and preying on captains that don't know how to drive a boat properly that are with 0 stamina is a pvp tactic

that just explains how people abuse it

that just explains how people abuse it

No... because stamina is required to fight properly.  That's like saying people are abusing a shield to block

• Like 6

-1 Not only is this a good feature for fighting but infinite stam could be abused for skillgain so much, climb till at 1% stam embark in a cart next to the forge and start imping

+1 to removing stamina drain while riding on all non-pvp servers

It makes absolutely no sense for you to have the ability to craft and command a vehicle or mount. If were gonna have un-sensible suggestions, I suggest jumping! Cuz thats totally gonna work in wurm & makes perfect sense.

No... because stamina is required to fight properly.  That's like saying people are abusing a shield to block

what i meant is you didnt explain why this mechanic is there in the first place, you just told me how players use this mechanic to their advantage.

-1 Not only is this a good feature for fighting but infinite stam could be abused for skillgain so much, climb till at 1% stam embark in a cart next to the forge and start imping

im sorry but i dont get what you mean, doesnt improving drain stamina?

Edited by dapperdan

what i meant is you didnt explain why this mechanic is there in the first place, you just told me how players use this mechanic to their advantage.

-1 Not only is this a good feature for fighting but infinite stam could be abused for skillgain so much, climb till at 1% stam embark in a cart next to the forge and start imping[/quote

im sorry but i dont get what you mean, doesnt improving drain stamina?

They are talking about how some lame tweakers damage themselves or drain their stamina and then craft, because the action timer takes longer and therefore you get more crafting tics.

Personally I think it's 100% cheesedick and exploiting game mechanics. I've got better things to do with my playtime than try to milk the system for a few extra tics.

They are talking about how some lame tweakers damage themselves or drain their stamina and then craft, because the action timer takes longer and therefore you get more crafting tics.

Personally I think it's 100% cheesedick and exploiting game mechanics. I've got better things to do with my playtime than try to milk the system for a few extra tics.

call me all the insults you'd like. I will continue to enjoy the skill gains from playing the system how it is.

I agree with the people saying +1 for Pve and -1 for pvp. Yet another call for separate coding.

can someone explain to me please why stamina drain is so important to pvp, im genuinely interested. i get that its a common tactic, but if nobody can use this tactic doesnt that balance it out?

can someone explain to me please why stamina drain is so important to pvp, im genuinely interested. i get that its a common tactic, but if nobody can use this tactic doesnt that balance it out?

The idea is that if you are on a quick horse and see an enemy on a cart and and they start running, you can chase them until their stamina has run out. Since you are able to go faster than them, you can regain some stamina while you let them run away a bit, draining theirs. In a wurm chase, its all about stamina management.

Stamina management is also a key strategy in a fight because if you have no stamina then you are pretty crippled in fighting. I don't think you can block or parry and I'm pretty sure there are some offensive debuffs too. There are special abilities that sap the opponents stamina to get their stamina to drain faster. If a fight gets to the point where one person runs out of stamina, then the fight is pretty much over.

• Like 2

The idea is that if you are on a quick horse and see an enemy on a cart and and they start running, you can chase them until their stamina has run out. Since you are able to go faster than them, you can regain some stamina while you let them run away a bit, draining theirs. In a wurm chase, its all about stamina management.

Stamina management is also a key strategy in a fight because if you have no stamina then you are pretty crippled in fighting. I don't think you can block or parry and I'm pretty sure there are some offensive debuffs too. There are special abilities that sap the opponents stamina to get their stamina to drain faster. If a fight gets to the point where one person runs out of stamina, then the fight is pretty much over.

Edited by dapperdan

For the same reason you want your stamina to fight the trolls. Manage yours right and hope the enemy manages theirs poorly, its one of many aspects involved in a fight, especially in a boat fight, once the captain runs out of stam he is going to drop like a sack of potatoes and then that's one less number of the opposition and one better your side is doing