Sign in to follow this  
Tipper

Words in Xanadu-speak

Does anyone know what these words from the Xanadu in-game map mean? Google is translating "Lany" as Polish for "cast," but no other clarity is forthcoming, not in Swedish or any other language. Gibberish? This is right next to the crustacean grappling a little Wurmian.

4UqTYz9.png

Thanks to Warlander for uploading the in-game maps to the wiki.

• Like 1

Could it be Lany Posk,(also spelt Lana Poska), the sig of the person who designed the map maybe?

Let's delve deeper, shall we?

First, I tried translations. Nothing.

Then I tried places. There is a Polish Jazz Cafe in London called Posk. (Tickets for some event there sell out in 54 minutes btw if anyone is interested) That still doesn't solve the "lany" part, or why it would be on the Wurm map. I believe this to be a false-positive, designed to throw us off the trail and get side tracked by some smooth jazz and coffee...I mean, who could resist? We must be stronger than that to find the truth.

So, then I thought, what if the letters are right but the words aren't?

To the anagram solver!

Upon solving for 'lany posk', only 2 solutions showed up. Maybe we're onto something now!

Polansky or Palonsky.

Who is this mysterious person you may ask? Well, Polansky is a surname of Polish origin.

Mark Lewis Polansky, aerospace engineer and former NASA Astronaut.

NASA%20logo%20small.gif

Who do you think discovered and mapped Xanadu?

NASA, that's right. As always, they decided to leave their mark, hidden on the map.

tl:dr, Rolf is being controlled by NASA and we are seemingly test subjects exploring an alien world with virtual avatars before actual humans are sent.

It's no coincidence Xanadu is located East of Chaos and East of Independence, the two things NASA are trying to prevent from happening. Why the East? The sun rises in the East. When the sun rises, it casts light and makes that which was unknown, known. It lets us see what is really there. NASA clearly doesn't want us seeing what is really there.

illuminati-conspiracy-theory-new-world-o

For your own protection, STAY AWAY FROM XANADU.

Edited by Lexika
  • Like 13

Google is translating "Lany" as Polish for "cast," but no other clarity is forthcoming, not in Swedish or any other language.

Probably false trail, this sentence doesn't make any sense in Polish language and "lany" is almost never used except that it is the name of one of traditions (water fights one day after Easter).

Probably false trail, this sentence doesn't make any sense in Polish language and "lany" is almost never used except that it is the name of one of traditions (water fights one day after Easter).

Of course it's a false trail. The more false trails they create, the longer it takes to find the truth.

The sun both rises and settles in the west in Wyrm.

How spooky isnt that??

Lany does mean "cast" in Polish, but not in the sense of casting spells but in the sense of casting something out of something liquid. Another translation for "lany" would be "poured". Example: a cannon cast out of iron.

Another translation is what Warlander said, as in Lany Poniedzialek - Easter tradition (hey, that's coming up!) when you pour water on people :)

"Posk", however, doesn't mean anything, so we need to look in another langauge :)

The phrase does seem to sound Swedish to me, though. Of course, I don't speak that language, so go figure!

Any Swedes want to take a crack at this?

Umm, you guys do know that sig is on all the maps? Pretty sure you can't translate cause your trying to translate some ones name.

• Like 2

Any Swedes want to take a crack at this?

"Lany Posk" doesnt mean anything in Swedish.

Must be a name.

Umm, you guys do know that sig is on all the maps? Pretty sure you can't translate cause your trying to translate some ones name.

In Czech it would mean "cables damaged" according Google translate :P

Let's delve deeper, shall we?

First, I tried translations. Nothing.

Then I tried places. There is a Polish Jazz Cafe in London called Posk. (Tickets for some event there sell out in 54 minutes btw if anyone is interested) That still doesn't solve the "lany" part, or why it would be on the Wurm map. I believe this to be a false-positive, designed to throw us off the trail and get side tracked by some smooth jazz and coffee...I mean, who could resist? We must be stronger than that to find the truth.

So, then I thought, what if the letters are right but the words aren't?

To the anagram solver!

Upon solving for 'lany posk', only 2 solutions showed up. Maybe we're onto something now!

Polansky or Palonsky.

Who is this mysterious person you may ask? Well, Polansky is a surname of Polish origin.

Mark Lewis Polansky, aerospace engineer and former NASA Astronaut.

NASA%20logo%20small.gif

Who do you think discovered and mapped Xanadu?

NASA, that's right. As always, they decided to leave their mark, hidden on the map.

tl:dr, Rolf is being controlled by NASA and we are seemingly test subjects exploring an alien world with virtual avatars before actual humans are sent.

It's no coincidence Xanadu is located East of Chaos and East of Independence, the two things NASA are trying to prevent from happening. Why the East? The sun rises in the East. When the sun rises, it casts light and makes that which was unknown, known. It lets us see what is really there. NASA clearly doesn't want us seeing what is really there.

illuminati-conspiracy-theory-new-world-o

For your own protection, STAY AWAY FROM XANADU.

Gotta love the conspiricists! 

• Like 1

In Czech it would mean "cables damaged" according Google translate :P

really?

I'm Czech and "Lany Posk" means nothing in my language

cables(ropes) damaged can be transtaled as "poškozená lana", what is quite away, it is only partially visually similar ...

Edited by Zakerak

hehe ok, never trust Google translate I suppose

exactly that ^

using google translator without further correction for czech-english or english-czech leads to complete nonsense, the same for czech-german

Edited by Zakerak

In Czech  Hamsterish  it would mean "cables damaged" according Google translate :P

Ok this is getting clearer now.

It is the server hamsters trying to get a message to us: "here Fred just pee it on this paper thing -- they all see it so someone will realize, they forget to leave us food or water and half of us are dead now"

Hamsterish is a very compact language so they can say a lot on just four syllables.