Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

Stuff I want to buy from a trader

Oooh sorry, I misunderstood. I don't want the cooldown! Mostly I just want to get back and forth to sort stuff, or pick up something I forgot to grab. I don't need an hour cooldown because I didn't remember the lamps I forgot to bring. I just want to scurry around and do my thing. More than half my time in this game is spent repeating what I've done already, or traveling from one deed to another, due to animal ratio. It's not fun. I want my brain to feel like "tra-la-la" rather than "OMFG why am I playing this, how long would it take to sell this drake in the forums, maybe I should just give everything to friends but god what a lot of money and time down the drain, hmm I have to at least keep up the upkeep on these deeds for personal reasons...." Let me be a happy camper, I'll even pay extra for the opportunity.

Why not build your animal deed right beside your other deed, then it wont take so long?....

• Like 1

No, but is it even sensible to be spending this much time playing this game? I should be day-trading or out and about.

Edited by Lexika

I figured a day trader would be able to navigate as well as a 5 year old can. My mistake I guess.

Edited by Belrindor

Completely unnecessary. Attack the idea if you must, but the minute you engage in ad hominem, you've lost all credibility.

Edited by Lexika

I agree. I have attacked the idea, presented alternatives and shown that teleports already exist within Wurm to a reasonable degree for a reasonable price.

I'm just replying to the 'Says you'.

By the "says you" I was making a joke, because you were assuming my skills with keeping directions without a labeled map might be ok. I really do need an overhead, labeled map showing everything in order to press everything into my mind spatially. Like say learning t'ai chi moves - it's way harder for me to parse it if the person is facing me, rather than we're both faced in the same direction. Or it's helpful for me to rotate a map into the actual direction I'm facing to make sense of where I am and where I have to go. We're not all the same, "takes every kind of people to make the world go 'round," right?

Thing I don't like about GPS map style is it flies in the face of Wurm's overall medieval theme.

Now.. I'd pay for a 10 silver "kit" (single item but description says it has sextant, astrolabe, and charts) that'll tell me what my coords are on the ingame map, attach a navigation skill to it similar in leveling mechanics as tracking.

Also, GPS would be misleading as %!#$% without mapdumps becoming the ingame map.

And ... well... ask anyone selling compasses the endeavor it is to get good ones reliably and their thoughts on ingame GPS hehehe.  Just paid 2.5s for mine in fact (you don't get lost with a Pagani compass lol).

Navigation tip at sea, sooorta works on land if vegetation allows it: the big mountains are your friend, their shape is reflected relatively well on ingame maps.... use at least 2, 3 if you can, compare shapes to map and angles you're seeing from, easy to pick your coords out that way.  Desert/steppe/tundra edges help too when it ain't winter, way more helpful on land too as are lakes.

If you're that sick of travelling, pay someone to either take you there or deliver whatever you need delivered/picked up. People would be more than willing to do this. At least this way, you're adding to the in-game economy rather than just giving silver to a trader.

You could probably hire a 'taxi' to take you almost anywhere for 1-2s and then either use a taxi to get home again or just use a karma teleport.

Anyone willing to vouch for whether or not I add to in-game economy?  ;)

Honestly, I'm not trying to argue. IDK if we're talking about the same kind of game-play. I want to make my day-to-day chores less boring. Actually I'd rather not even HAVE the day-to-day chores, but if they must exist, at least let me somehow cut back on some of the repetitive stuff. Paying 1-2 S every single time I log in, no. If I want to make some kind of epic sail to far-away lands, or go on some tremendous walk-about, sure, I'd pay for the transportation in a heartbeat. We're not talking about quite the same thing. If you saw what exactly I'm up to, you might have some good suggestions for me how to do things better, in fact. I'm just tired of boring repetition, and would like to see some new ways to inject income into the game. I'd like to be on a better host. I'd like to have paid GMs. I'd like to have a paid team of bug testers before new programming is rolled out. Etc.

The repetitive tasks are tasks you've created for yourself.

There's no reason to build an animal farm so far away from your main deed that you require a teleport there and back.

There's no need to maintain anything on a daily basis.

You can get some villagers, friends, whatever to help you out if you want less work.

Edited by Lexika

Thing I don't like about GPS map style is it flies in the face of Wurm's overall medieval theme.

Now.. I'd pay for a 10 silver "kit" (single item but description says it has sextant, astrolabe, and charts) that'll tell me what my coords are on the ingame map, attach a navigation skill to it similar in leveling mechanics as tracking.

Also, GPS would be misleading as %!#$% without mapdumps becoming the ingame map.

And ... well... ask anyone selling compasses the endeavor it is to get good ones reliably and their thoughts on ingame GPS hehehe.  Just paid 2.5s for mine in fact (you don't get lost with a Pagani compass lol).

Navigation tip at sea, sooorta works on land if vegetation allows it: the big mountains are your friend, their shape is reflected relatively well on ingame maps.... use at least 2, 3 if you can, compare shapes to map and angles you're seeing from, easy to pick your coords out that way.  Desert/steppe/tundra edges help too when it ain't winter, way more helpful on land too as are lakes.

That sounds rather wonderful, the kit. I don't necessarily care how it works, I just want help when I've lost my way and the deeds near me are not on the map, or I spent too much time looking at the decorations along the way to remember how many times I turned left and right, or totally didn't pay attention due to rushing away from mobs. Just prefer not to keep my focus on sorting it out.

The repetitive tasks ..

"The repetitive tasks are tasks you've created for yourself."

Guilty as charged, except some things are WAY too unreasonable, such as lamp decay off deed. I just happen to enjoy the animals most. They do need care.

"There's no reason to build an animal farm so far away from your main deed that you require a teleport there and back."

Wish this were so. This is where our communication is falling apart. If you could see a page from my book, you'd understand.

There's no need to maintain anything on a daily basis."

Could you have a word with my hens and pregnant seals?

"You can get some villagers, friends, whatever to help you out if you want less work."

Now here again, IDK. I do have some friends who help out, but to what extent do I impose? Strangers may potentially either steal (which you've seen from other forum posts), or manipulate your stuff in ways you'd not prefer, accidentally or carelessly. I have many times hired people for mats and actual work, but that can go awry and it sure IS time-consuming, the coordination of online-time.

I just don't get the argument. I want to play how I want to play. Why is it wrong? I certainly don't want to make you play my way.

I hereby nominate Lexika to help with the animal care. Since their forum account is 5 days old, ye just know they need the Animal Husbandry skillups. ;)

I'm not asking you to play 'my way'. I'm saying you've bitten off more than you can chew.

You can place 2 deeds 10 tiles away from each other. You've clearly picked poor places to place your deeds so they cannot be side by side.

You don't even need 2 deeds, just make 1 large one and it gives you the ability to keep more animals.

Villagers cannot steal from you unless you let them. (Through permissions etc. If they abuse a glitch somehow, then they've broken the game rules and will be dealt with accordingly)

Why not just go and live with someone else at a large deed? That way you can look after all the animals you want without any of the 'boring' stuff?

It just sounds like you're making problems for yourself.

I hereby nominate Lexika to help with the animal care. Since their forum account is 5 days old, ye just know they need the Animal Husbandry skillups. ;)

There are always plenty of people looking for villages or places to live. I live with others as running an entire village by yourself is too time consuming. (And so it should be. You can't expect to be able to run everything yourself in a MMO...others groups of players would dominate huge areas of land etc)

Edited by Lexika

Things I would like to buy from traders: Nothing

Everything should be craftable or skill based. Ok, Merchants could stay on traders but other than that, pretty much nothing. 

• Like 2

Everything should be craftable or skill based. Ok, Merchants could stay on traders but other than that, pretty much nothing. 

Exactly. The whole draw to Wurm is that 'everything is created by the players'.

• Like 1

I dont see the whole ruckus about teleportes being op. You realise they're already sold in traders for 5s a piece, right? Farwalker twigs and stones teleport you across the server to a tile you picked. What harm is there in a village token twig or whatever you wanna call it - something that doesnt get reset on server crossings.

I dont see the whole ruckus about teleportes being op. You realise they're already sold in traders for 5s a piece, right? Farwalker twigs and stones teleport you across the server to a tile you picked. What harm is there in a village token twig or whatever you wanna call it - something that doesnt get reset on server crossings.

Theres a difference between 5s a teleport and unlimited free teleports between 2 places after an initial cost. (Unless the initial cost was 1g+ I suppose)

We already have ways to travel back to our deeds using in-game mechanics. No need for traders to sell them.

I also don't agree with those items you mentioned either, but at least they are so expensive they barely get used.

I feel it is about time you  "monkeys" at least call her her/she. (yes at least two of you insist Lorraine is a he)

Then go have a look at her area and tell her again to deed next to where she started.
Last I saw the area she had been griefed in such extent there was no dirt left on the ground.
If there is dirt there now I bet she had to fix it herself.

She is trying to come up with some good ideas here, how is that bad?
How does she deserve to be jumped at for that?
How many actually posted some good ideas in topic instead of treating her bad?

I know that if I could come up with some good ideas so that we'd get to keep Redbaron_Johan I would also post it.

Edit: Some people here actually behaved nicely and also supported her in this, you know who you are.

Edited by Cecci

Great! Don't buy anything from them.

Exactly. The whole draw to Wurm is that 'everything is created by the players'.

That's not my draw to Wurm. And you know what, I would be happy if people could make all of these things. But my point was, since there appears to be a thrust for the devs to drum up more income, these are things I'd gladly pay for. Rather than a new server. Companies pay consulting firms small fortunes to poll their customers so they can find out how to make them happy and spend more money. I'm offering my feedback proactively.

• Like 1

RedBaron_Johan: "

RedBaron is leaving Wurm!

So this would be the news about the news which I mentioned.

I will be leaving the team for new endeavors effective pretty much after this newsletter.

Due to financial reasons and me being the most recent employé, it is just how it goes."

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/119763-news-update-work-and-progress-week-10/

Players: "Oh crap! You need to raise some money? Here, Wurm Devs, here Rolf, take our money! Please! And here's how you can do it! We want cosmetics! We want items we have to pay out Euro for! Here's some ideas. Take our money! Please!"

Some Other Players: "Thats sum horrible ideaz. lolz. Troll."

Wurm Devs & Rolf: *crickets* *crickets* *crickets*...

Wow. Just wow. I mean... really?

Is this an actual business, or just a high profile hobby for you guys?

Sometimes I question my own sanity for continuing to pay my Premium fee.

People are champing at the bit to throw you money. Get a clue already.

The repetitive tasks are tasks you've created for yourself.

There's no reason to build an animal farm so far away from your main deed that you require a teleport there and back.

There's no need to maintain anything on a daily basis.

You can get some villagers, friends, whatever to help you out if you want less work.

You can stop telling people how to play and generally derailing this thread and let us get back to throwing ideas around.  Or maybe you're happy to see Rolf firing more employees to keep the budget alive in which case we can all shut up and close this thread so Lexica doesn't get offended.

• Like 1

Of course people are chomping at the bit to throw money at the game. Sadly such is the way of things in MMO's these days. Throw money at the game until you have everything and there is nothing left to do except complain of lack of content or cry for more things to buy. I for one would pull everything from the traders and only have vanity items.

But then again i also think accounts should not be sold, skill gain is too easy and that we should remove mailboxes to encourage local markets or at least make people put more effort into selling across more servers. I suggest we just make a new server cluster and just have all these easy mode items on it because it will always snowball and so will the allure to add more items until Wurm has lost most of its players from disgust and then the rest eventually leave from boredom.