Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

Stuff I want to buy from a trader

Keyrings (like a bag of keeping but solely for keys)  so that they don't drop on death

A bartender that is a merchant for meals, so I can make sure people who travel by the deed and want food can get some meals for a few irons

A lunchbox that hold two or three meals decay-free

Keyrings, yes. No-drop, no. On traders, no. - There should be an item like this in the game already.

Bartender, yes. On traders, yes.

Lunchbox, yes, On traders, on. - There should be an item like this in the game already.

Teleport - Economy breaking, PvP breaking

GPS map - Immersion breaking, PvP breaking, making the game "easy mode"

No decay bins - Decay was added because the server was struggling with too many items, would make the servers even laggier

Private servers- Economy breaking, defeat the point of an MMO

Perhaps you should think things through before you attack people. There's a lot more to the game than just the way you specifically play.

teleportation: already in the game

gps map: already there by means of hacks supplied by others/made yourself if you know how

no decay bins: at the time everything was run on 2 servers indy and chaos now there are so many more servers it should be a lot less even if the no decay was taken away or heck change it to 5% every 6 months :3

private servers: 6 projects have come along to give players just that of which only the 2nd and 3rd reached the point of being anywhere near wurm before the people making them gave up :3

1s item that turns an animal into a "writ" with all its traits written down... yes... as in animal disappears.  Won't go back to being an animal until it's on a different server, you got 3 days to make the move before it decays.

1s dunno eh... seryll lamps with a "switch" similar to shop signs to pick from a few colors, shines like q80 iron lamp.  Opens the road for other varieties later on.

uuh... 

5-10s item that adds +1km/h to min speed of any ship (not max, leave max speed mechanics as is), stacks up to 3.

1s Ship lamp sets with 3 or 4 configurations available on purchase.

1s for a 24hr buff that allows non-prems to bash ***only on their own deed*** regardless of Body Strength.  By and by would be a nice thing to give to people planting a deed for the first time, 3 or 4 of those untradeable version.

50 copper wall mounts allowing you to use a fish on it, slap the mounted fish .. or butchered head... to a wall.. once attached can't be recovered.

BARTENDER CONTRACT.... like a merchant, but you add the ingredients for meals to it, 1c per 10ql meal, can only sell up to ingredient ql you stocked it with (separate interface from) aaand if we could post player-made beverages in player-made containers on it like a normal merchant without decay blowing it all up.... heck i'd pay 10s for one of those... per inn i make.

• Like 1

Adding more items can be a good source of income so long as people don't see them as "ruining" the game for them.

No decay bins - Decay was added because the server was struggling with too many items, would make the servers even laggier

Perhaps you should think things through before you attack people. There's a lot more to the game than just the way you specifically play.

Ye do realize that no one who PVEs exclusively really cares what is 'PVP breaking'. Especially since those items could simply not be offered on a PVP server. And how is a personal teleport 'economy breaking'? So, what all those folks who meditate and can zip back to their deed are breaking the economy? Pfft.

Decay on deed has no point. I don't think it's the static items in bins that are causing server lag issues. Those are just files in a database. Having to keep up with decay tics on every item in existence... now THAT is something that likely causes server lag.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I understand this - if purchasing the item would "ruin" the game for someone, why would they buy it?

In my post's case I had several more ideas which weren't posted because they'd replace crafters somehow.  The "seryll lamps" wouldn't *ruin it* for blacksmiths as there's a huge tool market to be had anyways (i almost suggested some form of "swiss army knife", for example).  But let's say, suggesting Rolf sell... q99 weapons on the shop, while it wouldn't ruin *the game* per se, and most of us would probably cheer including myself, I'd -1 the anyways because that's kicking the weaponsmiths in the ... pommel.

My personal wishlist was edited just for that, stuff i suggested doesn't seem like it would particularly put any player out of business while making life prettier/more convenient in exchange for funding Wurm beyond upkeep and subscription.

Edit: teleports.... eh... kind of a spit in the eye to anyone who meditated just to get that.... and I've made good silver sailing from Release to west Inde for items that can be carried but not mailed.  Would "ruin it" for the few of us who bite the bullet sailing that far for cash.  OCCUPY ALL DOCKS!!!

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

"Teleport - Economy breaking, PvP breaking"

Ah I don't play PvP, but I see the point. So this would not available on PvP servers. Regarding breaking some kind of "economy" I don't get it. I just know I get damn tired of time-wasting repetitive tasks. If I'm willing to pay to stop being bored, it's a win-win for me and the game owners. They retain a customer and make extra money, I have more enjoyment of the game. So it's economy +.

"GPS map - Immersion breaking, PvP breaking, making the game "easy mode""

Don't buy one then. And again, I don't fully understand how PvP would "break" from this, so if it does, don't make them available on PvP servers.

"No decay bins - Decay was added because the server was struggling with too many items, would make the servers even laggier"

LMAO. How does a bin whose database says 1874 corns be laggier than a bin whose database says 1750 corns.

"Private servers- Economy breaking, defeat the point of an MMO"

Economy BOOSTING. Players who want them are happier, devs make money, and if to you it defeats the point of an MMO, don't buy one. How is it any different than having all the servers we have already? At least one other game I play makes a fortune off this practice, and it certainly enhances the MMO aspects of the game.

"Perhaps you should think things through before you attack people."

Whoa. Pot, kettle, black. I simply made a post where I hoped to present ideas that would enhance my enjoyment of the game and create income for the principals of the game. "Is this a troll thread? Almost all of these are awful ideas." Then you call me a troll and say my ideas are "awful."

Might as well give OP his own server with GM powers so he can stay there for the rest of eternity getting everything he wants.

Animal transport wagon is the only suggestion that makes sense. Doesn't help that OP also seems abit... uh...

"Have you ever run your own business?"

Not sure what you meant on "how I seem." Google "customer acquisition vs. customer retention," and which is more important. My point was, rather than having players rage-quit from getting sick of boring repetitive tasks, or losing players when they have to take time off from the game and then feel sad that all their animals died, if we're willing to pay to enjoy the game more, let us. I constantly see selfish small-minded reactions to suggestions people have that would enhance their enjoyment of the game. But then people who might not be willing to pay for the items that are suggested see it and think, "well if I won't have it, no one else should. Screw the devs who might make some extra income." Think about the games and apps that can be modded, and how successful many of them are. You can spend days on end looking at Photoshop brushes. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a game with mods sell for ... millions of dollars. My concern is my enjoyment, and the financial success of the game, and nothing I suggested should detract from anyone else's enjoyment. My apologies to those who only worry about how they measure to everyone else.

I just know I get damn tired of time-wasting repetitive tasks. 

So, you don't grind or craft, what is it you do then?

Might as well give OP his own server with GM powers so he can stay there for the rest of eternity getting everything he wants.

Why not? If I'm happy and the devs make income from it, what is the harm? I honestly don't get your point.

So, you don't grind or craft, what is it you do then?

Plant trees and shrubs, breed animals, sort the animals by traits and then change my mind and think they should be sorted by color etc., run around and look at all the stuff people have built, go on hunting expeditions, help friends level up their fighting and skills, go to the markets, try to make my deeds safe from trolls and disasters, panic because I'm lost, find out how to deal with uniques, trade with people to get the resources I need... Why do I have to play exactly how you play? Who are people grinding and crafting for, if not people like me?

• Like 2

-1 to any item that isnt craftable

• Like 2

Why are people so quick to want extra cosmetic items placed on sale from traders anyway?

Speaking for myself, I see the devs experimenting with new ways to grow the game and the game's income, and I thought I'd lay out some ideas that would generate income from ME, as an example. Because the "extra server" thing makes me have less happiness. The cosmetic items IDK if I'd want, but anything that would minus off the endless hours of repetitive running around, repairing things I've already done, Drop > On Ground, and dealing with nasty neighbors - I'd even pay for that. And I'm saying so as clearly as I can.

teleportation: already in the game

gps map: already there by means of hacks supplied by others/made yourself if you know how

no decay bins: at the time everything was run on 2 servers indy and chaos now there are so many more servers it should be a lot less even if the no decay was taken away or heck change it to 5% every 6 months :3

private servers: 6 projects have come along to give players just that of which only the 2nd and 3rd reached the point of being anywhere near wurm before the people making them gave up :3

"Teleportation already in game" - not for me on Deli

"GPS map already there" - If it's legal, tell me how!

"Private servers already" - what I meant was, small deed-sized islands where you can have your deed without fights with neighbors; maybe two sizes - one personal-sized, and one neighborhood-sized where like-minded people could rent together, to avoid deed grief. If there can't be some sensible rules enacted that stop griefing on PvE, I'd be willing to pay for my own spot to enjoy the game. People quit from being griefed on these items that took so long to make in RL hours. Why not keep these players and make some money doing so?

• Like 1

Edit: teleports.... eh... kind of a spit in the eye to anyone who meditated just to get that.... and I've made good silver sailing from Release to west Inde for items that can be carried but not mailed.  Would "ruin it" for the few of us who bite the bullet sailing that far for cash.  OCCUPY ALL DOCKS!!!

Ah sorry, didn't think about that. I'm ready to stab myself in the eye just trying to get another alt up to the ability to make magic grass, so I'm not so familiar with the higher meditation rewards. Maybe the teleport could only be a certain distance, between the player's deeds on the same server? I'm not trying to suggest anything that would mess up an economy, or somehow give me some unfair advantage. I just want to spend more time doing things I like doing, and less of the repetitive annoying things.

• Like 1

Almost all of OP's suggestions were OP and ridiculous though.

As for the traveling caravan, you can load 2 forges into a wagon and a bed along with 80 planks and 4 large nails. There ya go, portable home. Just destroy the writ when you're done. If you don't fancy building a house, just use one of the 'new' tents.

Are there two meanings to OP? I'd be interested to know what was ridiculous.

I'm a priest. How is 80 planks and 5 large nails a home for me? I DO NOT ENJOY DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER. That includes building little houses all over the place, even if I could. Say I want to spend an hour's pleasant time on Wurm. How does building yet another house fit into that? I want to spend my time how I want to spend my time. I'm willing to pay to do that. This is a trend, check it out. People favor watching shows on-demand rather than as networks would spoonfeed the shows to them, for example. Allowing people to spend their leisure time how they want to spend it is the key to success.

Select hammer. Select tile. Plan building. Select another tile. Plan building (if there is no nerf active). Select another tile. Plan building. Select another tile. Plan building. Finalize building. Select building tool. Get some of the resources that also took hours to create and waste them building a building I'm going to destroy next time I log in. Do the "add to wall" action however many times necessary for every wall. WEEEEEEEE. May I please do this same scenario every night of my life?

Some people are just stuck in their rut of how they think things should be and any deviation or derivation from that gets their knickers in a wad.

Which is why you'll see some of the strangest things -1'd.

I'd tell them to stick that -1 where the Sol doesn't shine. ;)

"Teleportation already in game" - not for me on Deli

"GPS map already there" - If it's legal, tell me how!

Edited by Lexika
  • Like 1

Oh don't get me wrong also stopped at grass enchants =P  So yes I'd love home teleports but eeeeh I can see where the gurus would feel wronged hehehehehe

Oh don't get me wrong also stopped at grass enchants =P  So yes I'd love home teleports but eeeeh I can see where the gurus would feel wronged hehehehehe

Teleportation -...

Edited by LorraineJ

Last I checked, suggestions were for the devs...

Not necessarily for every Tom, , and Harry to pick apart incessantly. Sure, you don't like something, comment on it, or give it your patent pending internet trademark e-peen +1 or -1 if you must. But don't ride someone for their suggestions. It'll just discourage people from making them in the future.

I've never seen the reason that people feel they have nothing to do but ride someone's tail when there is a suggestion they don't like. Ya don't like it, state so, state why, and move on.

People turn things into their own little personal trolling crusades for the strangest little reasons.

And calling the OP a troll for posting these suggestions? That was just way out of line, and completely unnecessary.

• Like 1

"Now you can teleport to so many places you barely have to walk more than 20 tiles to get anywhere and the game feels so small."

Show me how! I honestly do not know, other than farwalker twigs that are too expensive for daily use.

"Teleportation - Karma, Meditation, maybe a few other methods too. You can already do this. (Easiest way is to just buy source from people and then you can teleport as much as you want)"

I don't have it in me to meditate high enough. The fail fail fail thing is too frustrating for my make-up, in a game. Karma I haven't used and ty for suggesting it, but it seems like I'd be either spending a lot of silvers or running in circles trying to accumulate it, to allow for organizational use.

"GPS - You have a map, a compass and a brain."

Says you.

I can't speak for this, I can only speak for how I like to spend my time. I can only suggest, don't teleport then. Enjoy the wide open spaces, while I enjoy dragging my animals around quickly, or going to get the scissors I forgot yet again without wasting five minutes.

Edited by Lexika