Sign in to follow this  
AceRifle

Reign Of Kings ( Early Access Game )

Just found this game on steam. Its another early access game, but i think i'll give it a try for the lolz.

"In Reign of Kings we allow you to collect resources and craft a wide variety of items needed to build a vast and powerful kingdom. We were primarily inspired by Rust & Chivalry in the development of this game."

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSlmGCqbug

http://www.reignofkings.net/web_ROK/

• Like 2

Same devs from starforge so i'm not sure how reliable this game will be now.....

• Like 2

Indeed looks like it could turn into something interesting if developed correctly. Id say its either going to be wonderful or be a complete sack of ######. But i think ill definitely give it a go when it comes out

edit: Okay after completely watching it and looking at a few other things id say im pretty excited for this. Thanks for pointing this out

Edited by New_Unsleep

Dont get your hopes up for this at all, These same devs made and released Starforge, which was unfinshed, unpolished, buggy, had next to no communication and  most of the features they waived to everyone never made it ingame, They took the money and mis used it all. I will never buy a game from code hatch again as they are scammers, riping people off and i dont why steam would allow them back again when the first product still matchs its state it was in when it hit steam EA! lol so Pass.

• Like 7

Looks like a shittier version of Chivalry...with even shittier minecraft-esque building.

Way to jump on the bandwagon with that one.

As others have said...StarForge devs...don't even bother getting your hopes up.

Starforge is trash. Low expectations for this.

It better then rust. Plus posteh is playing it nuff said.

HAH, Starforge dumped for another sheet game, only a matter of time before they get bored of this one, steal money and make a new game.

Looks subpar compared to todays standards anyways

• Like 1

Well, if they exchange my starforge copy for this game, I'll try it.

Otherwise, ###### em.

I kept watching the video, the inventory window is exactly the same as starforge.

My theory is that they gave up on SF, and codehatch moved on to this project... they copied what interface and stuff that they could (look at the derpy weapons handling, straight from SF) and threw on a new skina nd a little fresh detail.

My original statement holds, but I'm not holding out on this.

Edited by Makarus
  • Like 1

Well ive played a few hours of it. Its actually pretty fun. Only problems (which i havent experienced, only my friend has) is being a bit laggy, but that could be his fault not the servers. So far ive had a few nice pvp engagements and met some nice people. Already planning on overthrowing the throne   :D

Edited by New_Unsleep

inventory needs to be bigger

but its a great game just to goof off in

I got captured by the king because I was a.. 'little monkey man'.. and he tried to hang me.

I get loose in the middle of the bridge and jump on the side, he tried to follow but slips and falls to his death.

• Like 1

So this douche of a king decided to place the taxes at 20%. Me, Cndo, and Zehive decided to attack the fortress and claim the throne. We all died the first attempted. We go back grab our loot. I died again. Cndo and Zehive goes balls to the wall. Takes out a bunch of dudes. Cndo falls for a trap and get stuck in a cell. Zehive kicks some more ass and then he died too. I come back fall in the bear pit. The king and his 3 companions jumps in the pit to kill me. I kill them all. They ask me to join them i went and claim the throne. A few minutes later they come back with 5 guys. Zehive and i made our last stand.

Same devs from starforge so i'm not sure how reliable this game will be now.....

No thanks then. :)

Put in over 20 hours on it the past few days with a friend.

Overall, it was very fun the first 'playthrough'. (Building a base, working your way from wood to steel tools/armor)

After our server died and we moved to a new one, having to repeat the same laborious tasks in the same locations with the same tools quickly got boring however.

The character movement is waaay too fast when trying to PvP. Hitting people with bows/javelins while they are moving side to side is almost impossible. (You can change direction instantly etc).

Combat feels more like melee Unreal Tournament rather than actual medieval combat. People running in circles around you with full plate sets on, naked people dodging your attacks by moving erratically etc.

As for the building, it works quite well to build. The only issue is in defending what you've built. As it is a persistent game like Wurm, you can be attacked while offline. The only difference is, you can break into someones base in a few minutes, destroy their claim token and then place your own claim token down. Once you've placed your token, you can instantly right-click remove all their blocks and take them for yourself. (You can raid and completely steal all the blocks from someones entire base in a few minutes, even if they have multiple layers of walls/doors etc)

So really, once you log off for the night or hell, even just leave your base to go get materials for half an hour, don't expect it to be there still. (Even if you put 10 hours into building it)

That's another issue...doors. Doors have no purpose other than exposing yourself and making your base weaker. As you can instantly right-click remove your own blocks and almost instantly replace them, it is much better to just fully block off your 'base' and then just delete/replace blocks to enter and leave. (Best base design is just to build a huge cube, with as many layers of wall as you can add and have a tiny 4x4 room in the center for chests to store stuff)

Right now, I wouldn't bother playing it any more until a lot more is done to update the game. Then again, for $20, I got 20 hours of entertainment, so I guess it isn't so bad.

It could actually turn out to be a great game if they work on it....a lot.

Edited by Kimu
  • Like 1