Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Epic feedback feedback thread

Assume Valrei meteor falls down and screws your deed. With horses and all yo stuff. You mine it and get overall 1-1.5 kg. of glimmer/ada.

You lost your deed, lost your stuff, got nothing. You will be happy though I suppose? There were no map reset, and everything were in line with current game setup.

I thought meteors hitting deeds wasn't supposed to happen? But if so then I guess it's just a risk we have to take - what's the alternative? I wouldn't be happy about it though.

• Like 1

when are the home server cr nerfs going away?

• Like 2

I thought meteors hitting deeds wasn't supposed to happen? But if so then I guess it's just a risk we have to take - what's the alternative? I wouldn't be happy about it though.

Wasn't supposed to happen, was supposedly fixed, and yet kept happening. I -think- it is fixed now though, to not happen.

They still hit deeds, a deed on serenity was recently cut in half by a valrei ravine. The damage itself isn't un-fixable as the slopes are under 300.

They still hit deeds, a deed on serenity was recently cut in half by a valrei ravine. The damage itself isn't un-fixable as the slopes are under 300.

First few months of epic a really nice place was also cut in half. West/NW Of strongbox. 

RE maps: I think to many choke points from rivers mountains isn't that great for pvp. Also choke points may get deeded or walled off and cut off roaming.

RE maps: I think to many choke points from rivers mountains isn't that great for pvp. Also choke points may get deeded or walled off and cut off roaming.

I've had a chance to speak to some players on Desertion about the proposed changes to Epic.

In my experience, which is admittedly limited, these players seem to want to base themselves on Desertion but come to Elevation to PvP. That is to say such players might want bases on Elevation, but they see their homes as being on Desertion. They see living on Elevation full-time as being a bit too risky.

If this is what many players want then I think it is at least worth bearing in mind if the intention behind the changes to Epic is to draw more players to live on Elevation.

I kinda like the chest, needs to be toned down some more, please add it so 15 random items can spawn in it including high ql dye, woad, ect maybe even some normal 80ql+ weapons, horse gears too so people have less star gems and rare bones.

The depot can easily be controlled since it is just in one spot Please take out the depot or make it spawn randomly in the hota area if it stays the same I think its a horrible.

I like the missions that have been popping up. Thanks!

Taking out the /who was very nice =] also a thumbs up.

Please do not make elevation F2P. To many people will just grieve the area =[

Disallow 3rd party tools for reading server population or fix your server logs that they cant be read by the public. you can easily get with those tools the /who command for each server back ;)

• Like 2

Remove local but maybe give a kingdom notification that tower "Bla" reported seeing a band of enemies 15 mins ago (If tower guards agro).  This would let defending kingdoms know there are enemies in their territory but not enough detail to track them perfectly.  Allowing them time to rally a defence force to hunt them down.  Maybe make this timer less to closer it is to the capitol.  Encouraging players to build closer to capitol and also give guard towers more of a purpose.

Remove local but maybe give a kingdom notification that tower "Bla" reported seeing a band of enemies 15 mins ago (If tower guards agro).  This would let defending kingdoms know there are enemies in their territory but not enough detail to track them perfectly.  Allowing them time to rally a defence force to hunt them down.  Maybe make this timer less to closer it is to the capitol.  Encouraging players to build closer to capitol and also give guard towers more of a purpose.

I think it was a very bad step to remove local, it will make it very hard for new players that are f2p to find some settlement or neighbours or even ask in local for some help. This also removes sense of neighbours or if the people you are talking to have left the local and you are just yelling at the wind. This will even make more people leave on their first week of Wurm, and that is not what is needed.

I haven't seen any arguments that outweights the arguments of keeping local as it was.

so make if you talk, make a noise, etc...you appear in local for some distance for a period of time to anyone who heard it.

I think it was a very bad step to remove local, it will make it very hard for new players that are f2p to find some settlement or neighbours or even ask in local for some help. This also removes sense of neighbours or if the people you are talking to have left the local and you are just yelling at the wind. This will even make more people leave on their first week of Wurm, and that is not what is needed.

I haven't seen any arguments that outweights the arguments of keeping local as it was.

Yes asking for help on Elevation local is very wise ^^ PvP flash point ;-)

Local removal was proposal for Elevation not for home servers which are dedicated for new players and less PvP.

Edited by vill

Yes asking for help on Elevation local is very wise ^^ PvP flash point ;-)

Local removal was proposal for Elevation not for home servers which are dedicated for new players and less PvP.

Local was already removed from home servers for non premium players. Edited by Taltos
  • Like 1

Local was already removed from home servers for non premium players.

You think removing local from F2P is a bad thing? Jesus you don't play on PVP servers do you?

F2P alts are used to scope out deeds/who is online all the time. The only problem with removing local from F2P is that it took this long.

• Like 10

You think removing local from F2P is a bad thing? Jesus you don't play on PVP servers do you?

F2P alts are used to scope out deeds/who is online all the time. The only problem with removing local from F2P is that it took this long.

Edited by vill

I think it would result in people not going off deed unless they had a zerg group

This sort of thing could be true, full loot pvp might discourage too much pvp.  I dont think altering full loot is a good idea.  Giving players an organic reason to kill one another is key here.  that is why i keep beating the drum on no kingdoms (but with villages either ally, neutral or enemy).  PVP need to arise more naturally from the sandbox elements of politics and diplomacy.  Give people the freedom, and they will find reasons to fight, just look at reality TV for an example of this.

I think these changes will make things a little better, just not enough to get me excited about pvp, or even come back from my wurm break.

We are currently verifying/checking the poll results and will release them soon.

• Like 1

For me this is not about PVP, if someone uses f2p to check if your deed is online or not is something so rare, at least on Epic. For me this is first and foremost about keeping new players playing the came, increase the player count, lower the number of people leaving Wurm within the first week they play. Removing local in my opinion will drive away more new players.

I believe it was a good step to combine Epic player count, shows more players are playing. But resetting Elevation is only a short time fix, the map is almost good as it is and making it bigger will increase time it takes to find a pvp action. So for me it is back to decreasing number of people that leave withing the first week, cut it down 5% there and 5% here. So first priority is to get disconnection problems fixed, people that have to reconnect 5-15 times before they can play will soon give up, I just talked to a player that has been playing for a long time that is giving up because of this. Next priority is to keep on working with lag, try to find out why players client get laggy after they have rode x long distance, why some people experience lag just walking thru some areas on deed, is it fountain or is it iron fences or something else. Fixing this things will get codeclub back their investment on the time spent on those issues by increased numbers of players.

Adding valrei map to ingame is also a good thing I believe, adding new stuff is also fun, weekly news is also something that many players look forward to. I strongly believe that this game has strong potential still and I believe that player count will increase with combined Epic player count.

Thanks for a great game, and thanks for wanting to make it better, and thanks for listening to my comments.

For me this is not about PVP, if someone uses f2p to check if your deed is online or not is something so rare, at least on Epic. For me this is first and foremost about keeping new players playing the came, increase the player count, lower the number of people leaving Wurm within the first week they play. Removing local in my opinion will drive away more new players.

You must'v never participated in very many raids then. Each raid i have, Someones always scouted out the place a few days before.

Removing local will drive nobody away, Since NEW PLAYERS, will not even know about a local tab, And when they prem up, They will find out, So they won't know what they're missing at all. Its the same principle with riding a horse.

• Like 2

Every Raid i planed i always went there alone a few days before often more than once. Then we would hit it at the most convenient time for us/ v when the least defenders where capable to fight back. I never once used a free to play alt to do this for me.

• Like 1

You must'v never participated in very many raids then. Each raid i have, Someones always scouted out the place a few days before.

Removing local will drive nobody away, Since NEW PLAYERS, will not even know about a local tab, And when they prem up, They will find out, So they won't know what they're missing at all. Its the same principle with riding a horse.

Except it displays "Disabled for non-Prems" or something along those lines in local tab. At least on Chaos.

Except it displays "Disabled for non-Prems" or something along those lines in local tab. At least on Chaos.

Ah, I was on chaos Once, Didn't notice that. Even still, The principle still stands with the horse. Its all their, It shows the ride option when leading horses, But they won't be able to unless they prem.