Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Epic feedback feedback thread

They shouldn't be allowed in that center portion at all. Ever...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day :)

can players be able to loot corpses with enemies nearby to pls 

Wait, what?  It seemed to me that almost everyone thinks this is a pretty fuckin awesome mechanic; it gives the winners of the fight the overall loot, and the range is ~10 tiles afaik for enemy to be near you so that you can't pick up a corpse (horse or player) so it's pretty easy to get stuff.  Idk how it'd work at a minehop, though, but that's not a reason to get rid of it.

Why remove that mechanic?

Edit: also, +1 to removing local lists for F2P everywhere on Epic.

Edited by Fireflyb

I don't play on epic, so won't add anything to the actual discussion, but please, if you do decide to make a bunch of changes, don't apply them to Chaos as well.  Already been screwed over by this in the last bout of changes.

Ok enough ego stroking over just how non PvE you want the changes to be.. you ALL play PvE regardless..

The less Casual Players you have the less overall players there will be in the End.

You might see a bump wiping and resetting Elevation let's see it last over time and not just fade away after a month or so of newness wears off.  And lets see what happens to the overall Population with any changes after 6 months.

I don't see this as a wipe but a correcting of a wrong. The map should have been larger in the first place + with there new method of creating maps we can really see an amazing new map.]

For once rolf. You have my undivided attention, keep up the good work + great job on letting the population of epic decide via the vote system.

• Like 2

I would really like the removal of local tab + /who to be implented, at least for some time. This, along with the 'You can feel ennemy presence' status (maybe rework it) should make pvp/roaming/coastguarding way more attractive in my opinion. That way you will notice when ennemies are near you, but you will not know who it is neither how many of them there are. I think it would make Hota alot more interesting too.

Someone once told me Epic accounts for about 10% to 15% of the Wurm player-base.

If the intention is to attract new players to Wurm then surely Freedom is a more appropriate/effective vehicle for doing this? Epic is after all, a niche within a niche.

I would really like the removal of local tab + /who to be implented, at least for some time. This, along with the 'You can feel ennemy presence' status (maybe rework it) should make pvp/roaming/coastguarding way more attractive in my opinion. That way you will notice when ennemies are near you, but you will not know who it is neither how many of them there are. I think it would make Hota alot more interesting too.

Use your tracking skill to find people.

The hit in income can be countered by increasing deed prices, and will likely fix itself in the long run. 

WTF?

Dont suggest making things more expensive. Some people dont want to spend more money on a video game

nolo does not work against Lurker in the Dark.

Try casting on yourself;)

Resetting Elevation and increasing its size without removing home servers won't work.

If all servers were wiped and we got a chaos size map make it like the first challenge server, a forward pvp starter town and a safer further back starter town.

Combined with a very small/no local tab the newer players would still have a fairly safe level of protection.

Edited by Morrowen

Tracking searches like a 3x3 area and thats it?  How is that supposed to help find people..

• Like 2

I don't see this as a wipe but a correcting of a wrong. The map should have been larger in the first place + with there new method of creating maps we can really see an amazing new map.]

For once rolf. You have my undivided attention, keep up the good work + great job on letting the population of epic decide via the vote system.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

• Like 1

Tracking searches like a 3x3 area and thats it?  How is that supposed to help find people..

I think having the 'you feel ennemy presence' status pop-up at the same range as the current local range without the local tab wouldnt have any effect on trying to find people. The only thing that would change is not knowing how many and who they are untill you can actually see them.

Edit: This would also increase the possibilty of strategies you could use. Ex: Using a 2-3 ppl bait while another group is waiting hidden in the forest. The enemy would know enemies are in range ( status ) and see those 2-3 but won't notice the others since they dont appear in a tab so they could come from behind. A good way to spice up pvp in my opinion!

Edited by eddiekey
  • Like 1

A reduced local range say 10/20 tiles would work just not the 10 bigillion till range we have now(like 80 or sumit i think) small enough to go "loook a person KILL" but not big enough to go "MORE PEOPLE RUN" worst bet it is worth a test.

I see this Map reset and changes as a second chance to bring new life to epic. I know i'm coming back with some friends.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

:(

I really like the "you feel an enemy presence" idea it isnt knowing that they are there that sucks but most wont fight unless the numbers are way in their favor and because our numbers in the servers isnt huge most know each others accounts, this way would allow for some fun fights and new strategies

Edited by Ruiner
  • Like 1

Is there anyway we can get a rough draft of what the new map would look like before we make our votes? 

• Like 2

Edit: This would also increase the possibilty of strategies you could use. Ex: Using a 2-3 ppl bait while another group is waiting hidden in the forest. The enemy would know enemies are in range ( status ) and see those 2-3 but won't notice the others since they dont appear in a tab so they could come from behind. A good way to spice up pvp in my opinion!

People already do this with local...  It has been done for years

People already do this with local...  It has been done for years

Yes but the local range is too big and you can notice them coming while you look at your tab before you can actually see them. I just find it more realistic and i don't see any downside in removing the tab if we keep the enemy presence status.

• Like 1

Yes but the local range is too big and you can notice them coming while you look at your tab before you can actually see them. I just find it more realistic and i don't see any downside in removing the tab if we keep the enemy presence status.

It removes the desire to roam in small groups or do anything solo.  The only upside is for zergers, while removing any chance of random pvp

It removes the desire to roam in small groups or do anything solo. The only upside is for zergers, while removing any chance of random pvp

I will and have always roamed alone. This actually makes me excited at the idea of good solo pvp tbh. zerging will break up over longer distance plus seperating people could be nice fun and messy

On a personal note have you ever solo roamed?

Edited by JockII
  • Like 2

On a personal note have you ever solo roamed?

Missions usually require me to do so

It removes the desire to roam in small groups or do anything solo.  The only upside is for zergers, while removing any chance of random pvp

Well personally, i would be more tempted to go hota/roam solo, because nobody will really know that I am alone. There is no list to comfirm. Right now if you do anything solo and they see only you in local it wont be long they will chase you down and realise you really are alone. Thats just my opinion

• Like 2