Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Epic feedback feedback thread

Please dont put any of this on Chaos.

Thanks,

• Like 2

When Epic was created, map resets were a thing. Why the shock and anger?

Oh i remember but then he changed it.

If i knew in 3ish years? i think been that long he would suddenly change it i would not invested as much time into deeds.

Please dont put any of this on Chaos.

Thanks,

Why would he put PVP bonuses on a freedom server?  :huh:

• Like 2

Oh i remember but then he changed it.

If i knew in 3ish years? i think been that long he would suddenly change it i would not invested as much time into deeds.

He might have, but it was certainly the idea.

I think it will be fun if the map is generated correctly.

How about some simple fixes.

1. Better hosts for servers to avoid the lag and glitch issues currently happening

2. Fix Hota

A. Set Hota as untouchable (no deeds- building, etc.)

B. Fix the holes in Hota.

C. Make Hota equal access each time

D. Give prizes at regular intervals for Hota

3.  Keep local- are you serious? Getting rid of /who is enough. Local also helps guide people to you for logistics as well.

4.  Add a few more items like:

A. Saddle bags for horse.

B. Make carts / wagons / transporters bashable.

C. Items for ships to enhance travel

1. Speed

2. View for captains.

D. Increase skill cap to 100 on epic= you still have to work for it - even with buff there is more risk - it should not be     

penalized.

5.  Fix the Missions as already mentioned.

6. Leave skill gain alone- all people here have had to work for it - no reason anyone else should not.

7. Get better hosts for servers. (Yes I am aware this is a repeat- but worth repeating).

Instead of going all out changing everything that is and isn't broken- try just fixing the things that are broken and making the instances of competition on a level field with awards and incentives.

These small changes can have a large impact .

Edited by Mystikk
  • Like 1

If the removal of local becomes permanent then you should never merge home servers with elevation.

No local means that a new player will have absolutely no chance to hide when a group of enemies get close while they will be able to track him down quickly using LitD. Such a change would simply increase the number of victims (for rank and affinity farming) instead of the number of fighters. It also makes reveal creatures more important and you will eventually need to give it to libila too.

Merging the home servers would not end well (you have already seen how some people treated the home servers in the past and had to take action twice, removing home server protections would simply make the work of such groups easier). It would also mean that elevation would have to become open to f2p too (expecting from new players to join a premium only, heavy pvp server in a cluster that they haven't seen how it works sounds like a joke to me) but I doubt that this is a good idea.

As for the /who, valrei missions and CR nerf thing, I think that it's a good step although I would prefer changing the CR nerf for raiders with a CR buff for low skill defenders.

What if local disappears after you reach 20 FS?

remove or rework that u cant loot enemy corpse if theres a enemy presence in local coz people are abusing it by keeping friend in local or alt and summoninig his corpse by karma points

And it was abused when people could pick them up too. Mag priests with almost no chance to lose gear grabbing friends corpses and stuff like that. Rework (idk how) but maybe, remove no. IMO

Edited by amberain80
  • Like 1

So I've read the many many posts on the topics at hand, have examined the official statements on these and other game changes, and the intention of those changes, and come up with an idea which is either crazy or pure genius.

The Cauldron make is a nice, balanced map. It also has a suggestive name, Cauldron. A big open-mouthed put for cooking lots of different things together in. The Challenge server was interesting as it was, but it seems that it isn't panning out quite like Rolf hoped. I think perhaps it can be retooled to be used in slightly different way, one which doesn't draw away from the activity on the other servers, but drives it. The idea requires using all of the different server-related mechanics currently available, some in new ways, and is as follows:

-A new server, Cauldron, using the Cauldron map, or similar but modified verson. Essentially replaces Challenge.

-The 3 Kingdom starting spawns are replaced by 3 faction starting spawns, with the factions being Blacklight, Whitelight and Shadow

-Cauldron is connected to both the Freedom and Epic Clusters via restricted-access portals

-All Blacklight characters from all servers portal to the Cauldron Blacklight starting deed

-All Whitelight characters from all servers portal to the Cauldron Whitelight starting deed

-All characters with no deity AND all non-premium characters portal to the Shadow starting deed (this is done by making the portals to Shadow check for premium as the Elevation portal does, but with the filter set in the opposite way)

-Epic and Freedom Cauldron Blacklight and Whitelight portals are premium only

-Cauldron Blackight and Whitelight portals, located on the Shadow starting deed, are not premium only

-All characters retain their original skill and stat levels, but portal naked; no equipped gear or inventory items. They are 'character clones', just like when you portal from Freedom to Epic, except you keep your character stats and skills

-Skillgain on Cauldron is on a steep curve - 20x or the Challenge-rate faster in the beginning for Sub-50 skills, then flatten as you get to 70 then 90 to 4x

-Cauldron server is up/open using a staggered timer similar to what is done for HotA, example setting: open for 6 hours every 36 hours, for 6 cycles - that is, 6 open windows of 6 hours each, with 36 hours of downtime between them. That gives you 36-hours total of Cauldron uptime spread over a period of 9 days.

-At the end of the 9-day round, during the last 6-hour window, the map suffers the kind of cataclysmic terraforming events like those which occur at the end of a Valrei scenario

-Have coin be harvestable and droppable from mobs, as it is on other servers, with small amounts found in treasure chests or depots - balanced to support deeding but not in excess

OR

-Everyone starts with 1 Silver, requiring players to consolidate to make deeds

-The Shadow starting deed is larger than the others, and is not accessible via normal regular means - you can only portal in and out.

-No starting gear

-No bumped stats

-No rewards (perhaps some cosmetic ones, but they don't leave the Cauldron 'cluster'

-Portals going back to the Character's original server/cluster can be made, just like Epic portals

All of this, I believe, should be possible using the existing mechanics with perhaps some slightly new arrangements of existing code or minor changes. The result would be a pvp-focused server where the playerbases of the other servers can be consolidated, without having to consolidate, shut-down or reset the respective maps/servers. It is not up all the time, so the impact on activity on the player's native servers is reduced, and longerterm, perhaps increased as it means your starting skill levels when you go back into the next Cauldron round will be higher. It may also increase pvp overall on the native servers as the entry level into pvp on Cauldron is gentler and more broad. Possible increases in the number of premium accounts may also be a result.

This idea I think could be a way to take all of the different wanted adjustments in various areas of the game, and address them with something which is on the whole, less-resource requiring and less disruptive to existing servers, while resulting in some of the things those changes would have been meant to bring about. Some of the details could be tweaked, certain things added or removed, but overall I think it might be a good method of elevating things in a way that is both an exciting change, but one which will have little or no negative effects on what is already in place. Thoughts?

Edited by Nathegar

Based on this I suggest we start things by taking the first pretty easy step:

* Start a poll about resetting the Elevation map (on Elevation so you'll have to go there to vote) in a month or so.

* Remove CR nerf

* Change /who and the status page to merge numbers on Epic

* Remove local lists on Elevation a while and see what the effect is

* Reduce the types of Valrei missions in order to make sure they work

* Make Vynora static on a Valrei square and make only Fo generate missions

1.  No

2.  Don't care, either or

3.  I know why this is wanted, but honestly all removing server crossing warnings will do, is allow people to prey on noobs and inexperienced players while running from risk of death.  There's literally zero reason to go home servers other than that and missions

4.  Removing local list will utterly kill pvp.  It's hard enough to find people in your local as is, and nolocate spell casted on you does block lurker in the dark for those that don't even realize this

5.  Reduce?  Removing types will make it even more tedious and boring

6.  Would be nice to see it down to one god per kingdom, but if this happens will we see proper balancing of stats per god?  With lib at 7/7, and vyn/fo split at 7/5 5/7, and mag stuck at a lower 6/6

As said before, a map reset is a short term solution to nothing.  Tbh none of these changes will make the playerbase grow, and when people complain about stagnation again, what are we going to suddenly plan to reset elevation once more?  Chaos has never had a map reset and I'm pretty sure most people there don't want it either, and that map is 8? years old.  Pvp stagnation is largely player driven and not the maps fault.  Valrei events aren't even as severely crowded as some like to claim they are, just hota steppe is ruined, and that's all player done with wand of seas and volcano rods

Edit:  If there's resets, we're talking villages at least like ours that has easily had several gold tossed into it in expansions/guard/upkeep for as long as we've had it, I don't think reimbursing some silver thats in upkeep now is going to really pay anyone back for that much.  If we weren't told that resets were not happening, we wouldn't invest that kind of money into a capital deed

Edit2:  no f2p for elevation

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 4

My thoughts...

Yes to:

New larger map for Elevation (16x16)

Reduce local to 50 tiles

Remove CR nerf

Removing Vynora as an active diety

Removing /who server thingy

Toning down event destruction

No to:

Any skill gain changes

Making Elevation F2P

Going to say no to removing some mission types unless you add new ones, we need variety in the mission type

Thank you for taking the time to look at Epic Rolf.

Edited by Gregory
  • Like 3

If your going to give epic a bigger map please bring back mine hopping and off deed gate hop! Just make it easier to destroy.

Edited by AceRifle
  • Like 4

1.  No -

Actually a new map will bring back more players. The reason players arent coming to Elevation is because they will get absolutely ###### before packing their first dirt tile. There is absolutely no place to build on Elevation anymore. He's going to refund money for deeds.

2.  Don't care, either or

Eh,  this promotes hiding behind server borders and living a freedom life. If there is no CR nerf, maybe players will join Elevation.

3.  I know why this is wanted, but honestly all removing server crossing warnings will do, is allow people to prey on noobs and inexperienced players while running from risk of death.  There's literally zero reason to go home servers other than that and missions

Wrong again, Gary. I know all kingdoms refuse/skeptical to go to hota if the /who isn't even remotely in their favor. This isn't just to protect crossing boards, it's to limit people not leaving deed because they are a group of 5 and the /who is at 25. 

4.  Removing local list will utterly kill pvp.  It's hard enough to find people in your local as is, and nolocate spell casted on you does block lurker in the dark for those that don't even realize this

I agree. Players will have to be slapped in the face to know an enemy is near you.

5.  Reduce?  Removing types will make it even more tedious and boring

I won't comment on Valrei, it's a headache for me.

6.  Would be nice to see it down to one god per kingdom, but if this happens will we see proper balancing of stats per god?  With lib at 7/7, and vyn/fo split at 7/5 5/7, and mag stuck at a lower 6/6

I won't comment on Valrei, it's a headache for me.

As said before, a map reset is a short term solution to nothing.  Tbh none of these changes will make the playerbase grow, and when people complain about stagnation again, what are we going to suddenly plan to reset elevation once more?  Chaos has never had a map reset and I'm pretty sure most people there don't want it either, and that map is 8? years old.  Pvp stagnation is largely player driven and not the maps fault.  Valrei events aren't even as severely crowded as some like to claim they are, just hota steppe is ruined, and that's all player done with wand of seas and volcano rods

A map reset is a long term solution and a start of a better PVP server. Elevation's terrain is a mess and there are little to no places for PMK (even villages) to be placed. I'm not sure how you can say that Valrei events haven't caused problems. Maybe not near EC, but in BL lands, they are every where. I made a map showing undeedable places, it's not pretty.

Edit:  If there's resets, we're talking villages at least like ours that has easily had several gold tossed into it in expansions/guard/upkeep for as long as we've had it, I don't think reimbursing some silver thats in upkeep now is going to really pay anyone back for that much.  If we weren't told that resets were not happening, we wouldn't invest that kind of money into a capital deed

Edit2:  no f2p for elevation

See answers above.

Local removal = PvP fights based on perception not on counting nicknames on the chat....

Edited by vill
  • Like 6

Reset Elevation and make it Chaos size (and yes I live on elevation only and I have spent a ton of time building my deed, but building a new deed = more skill so not a bad thing :) )

No F2P on elevation or only let F2P toons be able to mine, dig and other stuff they use to grief on the home servers.

No local...may be good but may stop pvp too, ppl may be afraid to leave deed, quite some pvp happens just because someone spot someone in local and starts to look for them and chase them and more ppl join on both sides in several cases. If a boat with 5 enemys passes my deed and I am in my cave or a house I wont notice, as it is now they pop local and ppl on my side starts running to the boatcave and we get pvp (hopefully)..

But guess it could be worth a try.

And maybe make use of the titles to improve imping stuff. I dont mind imping (as before, its more skill for me) but I have had ppl moving back to freedom because it takes "forever" to make the gear they want, to be ok to go out and pvp, and then they dont like to loose it and have to spend all that time again.

Maybe look at SoTG, make it like the Hate bonus, with a timer? We all learn to know eachother and there have been time when there have been alot of ppl we know have SoTG and we just skipped to PvP them all together.

I have played for 4-5 years now, but first time I started I quit after a week, mainly because ppl didnt know stuff about the game and the mechanics.

"We think this is xxxx," , " ppl say that its like this...". The tutorial is one improvement, but there are still alot of questionmarks for new players(used to other games where each weapon have their dmg, armor have their AC and so on written on them)

Maybe not everything should be so secret and up for speculation. 

And as mentioned, there need to be more reason for ppl to go offdeed and PvP, events or lower the massive amount of mats for shrines and temples then maybe ppl will go build them and ofc change so eveyone helping gets karma and scenario points , eather equal or by % added.  

Guess this falls under Valrei, so guess you will be looking at it..

Hm. well me and some other ppl are out alot by our self , even on enemy home server by our self to do missions somethimes, so maybe I am not the best to give suggestions how to get ppl out, I dont know what they are missing...

Happy Wurming.

• Like 1

I had something like this in mind, this is my idea in MSPaint. It costs of multiple islands with a hota/event island in the middle. Paths that already connect to it from the major islands

eccb8d09d9.jpg

A map like this would be godly.

• Like 3

I'm with Monokles on this, there's very little I can add to his first post. Other than Epic home servers ought to be forced to PvP, and lots, otherwise go to Freedom. Epic is for PvP, I thought that was the whole point.

If you could somehow reset the Elevation map without interfering with existing deeds I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it - but players' effort and hard work ought to be preserved, not destroyed. But I don't think that will fix the problem regardless.

If the intention is to draw existing Wurmers to Epic then my first instinct would be to increase the rewards for engaging in PvP/missions, especially on Elevation.

And maybe sort the Valrei system out, I have no idea what any of this stuff is/does.

Reset Elevation and make it Chaos size (and yes I live on elevation only and I have spent a ton of time building my deed, but building a new deed = more skill so not a bad thing :) )

No F2P on elevation or only let F2P toons be able to mine, dig and other stuff they use to grief on the home servers.

No local...may be good but may stop pvp too, ppl may be afraid to leave deed, quite some pvp happens just because someone spot someone in local and starts to look for them and chase them and more ppl join on both sides in several cases. If a boat with 5 enemys passes my deed and I am in my cave or a house I wont notice, as it is now they pop local and ppl on my side starts running to the boatcave and we get pvp (hopefully)..

But guess it could be worth a try.

And maybe make use of the titles to improve imping stuff. I dont mind imping (as before, its more skill for me) but I have had ppl moving back to freedom because it takes "forever" to make the gear they want, to be ok to go out and pvp, and then they dont like to loose it and have to spend all that time again.

Maybe look at SoTG, make it like the Hate bonus, with a timer? We all learn to know eachother and there have been time when there have been alot of ppl we know have SoTG and we just skipped to PvP them all together.

I have played for 4-5 years now, but first time I started I quit after a week, mainly because ppl didnt know stuff about the game and the mechanics.

"We think this is xxxx," , " ppl say that its like this...". The tutorial is one improvement, but there are still alot of questionmarks for new players(used to other games where each weapon have their dmg, armor have their AC and so on written on them)

Maybe not everything should be so secret and up for speculation. 

And as mentioned, there need to be more reason for ppl to go offdeed and PvP, events or lower the massive amount of mats for shrines and temples then maybe ppl will go build them and ofc change so eveyone helping gets karma and scenario points , eather equal or by % added.  

Guess this falls under Valrei, so guess you will be looking at it..

Hm. well me and some other ppl are out alot by our self , even on enemy home server by our self to do missions somethimes, so maybe I am not the best to give suggestions how to get ppl out, I dont know what they are missing...

Happy Wurming.

^^ I don't agree with removing local but removing /who would be fine. I just don't believe removing local would encourage pvp, rather the opposite. Bad for new players as well as it serves as a hint to start running :) For more experienced players as Exor said it can serve to generate pvp.

map reset definitely, if it means a new bigger map and consolidating the home servers onto a new map Id be for ftp with some restrictions on what they can do in the hota or near deeds.

A new server host would help too by hopefully reducing the lag many people experience on a day to day basis

no that isnt the point, the point is for people to enjoy playing a game they are paying to play the way they want to.

no that isnt the point, the point is for people to enjoy playing a game they are paying to play the way they want to.

Nope, pvp on epic or leave. 

• Like 3

If people want to play how they want to, Go to the respective cluster that suits their play style. If you want to PvP & be a PvE player, go to freedom/chaos. If you want to PvP and have a deed etc, Play on Epic. 

Local removal = PvP fights based on perception not on counting nicknames on the chat....

Local removal=People running around in circles not even knowing other players are near them to begin with. Depending on where you are there is sometimes almost no visibility, not everywhere you are is the hota steppe all open and visible. You will not even find people. Especially on a bigger map.

Also was it non prem players couldn't spawn on this middle portion of the map, or couldn't go there at all. Because it is easy enough for someone to make alts ahead of time and just sail them over for when they want to alt abuse. 

Edited by amberain80

If we can make a zone where f2p can't spawn in the center of the map wouldn't that prevent a lot of the problems? So they have to swim or take boats to get to the center? 

They shouldn't be allowed in that center portion at all. Ever...

• Like 4

Nope, pvp on epic or leave. 

you are ignorant that is all i can say. I have paid alot into this game and code club I will play were I want to you are more then welcome to come make me pvp but you may not like the results stop being a jerk to everyone.

If everyone here had the mentality that you do this game and server would be dead.

Not to mention having to deal with Childish attitudes like yours cause alot of us to not have a desire to pvp unless it is in defense that is why i left ele in the first place

Edited by Ruiner
  • Like 2

If people want to play how they want to, Go to the respective cluster that suits their play style. If you want to PvP & be a PvE player, go to freedom/chaos. If you want to PvP and have a deed etc, Play on Epic. 

I like the game style of Epic and can choose where I want to play because I pay for my premium to do so.

• Like 1