Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Epic feedback feedback thread

This discussion came up because curves don't look too good on Epic for quite a while now and I have received quite a lot of suggestions for an Elevation map reset combined with consolidation of the Epic player base. It doesn't have to be lots of work.

In case it doesn't help at least we tried to break a downgoing trend/flatline. You can go on about advertising however much you want but the ROI on that is usually pretty horrible in our case. We have scary learning curve and a java downloadable client. We need word of mouth to work and a good game that attracts customers.

We are not interested in drawing players from other parts of the game. We want players to return and totally new players. New players could start on a the home servers but I think they work pretty poorly in that respect unless you think something like 10 new players per month is a huge success. It could be better with a consolidated server.

Some of you seem to understand that spreading out population on many servers is bad and so do we even though some of you seem to think our main business idea is to open new servers all the time. It doesn't mean we want to shut down servers for those who live there and we want to avoid resets of any kind for as long as possible.

When you say you are not interested in drawing players from other parts of the game, does that apply to other clusters only, or do you see home servers as a different part of the game too? I think my point still stands, Epic does need something engaging to draw people, be it from other parts of the game , ex-wurmians or entirely new people. Something should tell them Epic is where they want to go if they are looking for competitive elements. Fixing the things you mentioned is of course a good step forward and I am very happy to finally see you directly discussing community input, but I do not feel those changes will draw new people; It doesn't offer anything new.

• Like 3

ky7y7f2h.png

Edit: and some bonus things when you are not in the savezone...to make it more attractive

Edited by Eviloknievel

* Remove CR nerf

* Change /who and the status page to merge numbers on Epic

* Remove local lists on Elevation a while and see what the effect is

Edited by vill
  • Like 3

<bind k "/say i play on alts">  no thanks

Can the GMs be given some sort of room for interpretation? They are definitely smart enough to determine what is and what is not an alt used for kingdom versus kingdom purposes, regardless of premium or non-premium. This would greatly reduce the fear of new accounts and allow legitimate newbies to be more easily accepted into villages on all servers. A village of experienced players is its own source of protection for newbies, and currently we have game mechanics that fail at protecting newbies when some rule changes and GM intervention could allow the players to provide protection. It's mutually beneficial: newbies are safe and PvP groups have bigger numbers (Wurm PvP more about player count than anything else).

Removing local list would likely mean players wouldn't find each other. Test it on challenge, if it works then fine.

Making enchanting less of an RNG nightmare to get good casts on skilled priests would be great.

Do something about horses. Hell horses vs. regular is unbalanced, and horse shoe imping and enchanting (see above) is a nightmare. Good gear on a five speed hell horse can get you across any Epic server in well under ten minutes, as well as allow you to choose your fights and not be in danger if you have top level gear (full rare, 90ql, 90 WoA).

reset elevation map + delete local  YES !

only reset elevation map  NO !

maybe make imping items and getting high enchants easier too? it would promote pvp abit becuase people are afraid of replacing gear?

You should also improve the Imping rate to help with re-gearing for pvp as this is the largest delay for most. The Hours it can take to create everything you need.

maybe elevation consists of four major islands?

e0avKhJ.jpg

Something like this with spot for teh new bridges to be met up would be great.

Edited by JockII

Thanks for listening, Rolf.

I'm probably in the minority here, but a map reset is exactly what we need to get started on improving Epic. The map is currently trashed and you can't walk 50 tiles without running into a huge pillar or hole in the ground. There is no room for other kingdoms to grow. If I wanted to make a PMK, i would have no options to build one, there is little to no land to plant one. 

I think if you have an Indy sized map and consolidated most of the pvp events towards the center (have rivers and canals throughout the map) and pvp won't be scarce.

• Like 6

I think if you have an Indy sized map and consolidated most of the pvp events towards the center (have rivers and canals throughout the map) and pvp won't be scarce.

Rivers and canals would be good with the bridges coming in

and if you make F2P, do it on the home servers, remove the ability to see local.

Edited by Entendu

and if you make F2P, do it on the home servers, remove the ability to see local.

yeah spy alts are not good for pvp ;-)

can players be able to loot corpses with enemies nearby to pls 

• Like 4

remove or rework that u cant loot enemy corpse if theres a enemy presence in local coz people are abusing it by keeping friend in local or alt and summoninig his corpse by karma points :)

Edited by hubix

maybe elevation consists of four major islands?

e0avKhJ.jpg

I had something like this in mind, this is my idea in MSPaint. It costs of multiple islands with a hota/event island in the middle. Paths that already connect to it from the major islands

eccb8d09d9.jpg

• Like 2

We already had that problem and it was fixed.Too many times did the losers of pvp battles win out because the grabbed corpses and got lucky on res stones.

dhMeAzK.gif

Woo rolf! Dis gonna be guuud, Removal of local tab, Or at-least a lot smaller, Either way, This is great.

Spyglass, Need to buy one now

I had something like this in mind, this is my idea in MSPaint. It costs of multiple islands with a hota/event island in the middle. Paths that already connect to it from the major islands

eccb8d09d9.jpg

Perfectjust attach the nottom right hand side of hota to that land mass at that side.

Instead of removing all players from local maybe just remove players from enemy kingdoms?

• Like 2

What you mean there may be an elevation reset.

Some of us are busting our butts building deeds and now are not certain if we should even continue since it MIGHT be reset?

May sound selfish but hell even when i was helping dsc that took time and would be a punch to the face to them if they just lost it all.

Either say yes or no so we don't stand idling around uncertain if we should even invest more time.

• Like 3

Rolf, if after resetting elevation you will still listen all the crybabies on a forum... better close epic permanently and let them go and play on freedom...

Do something for us PvP players - make Epic a true PvP cluster.

remove local

remove cr nerf

dont change how minedoors work

increase dmg and off deed decay on buildings and walls

do something to encurage roaming, make leaving a deed more profitable

if the map will be bigged speed up boats

in case of removing local, improve a bit ingame sounds to allow easier localisation of foes ( new map should be cleaner too - less olives and more open space in general )

but tbh nothing will help if we don't get some combat system suited for XXI century in near future

translation by Qaay

Instead of removing all players from local maybe just remove players from enemy kingdoms?

I think removing local complete is a bad idea.

It's going to reduce pvp from roaming by a lot. It might increase it at hota though. It just means people will only go to hota with 15+ or be extremely careful.

What you mean there may be an elevation reset.

Some of us are busting our butts building deeds and now are not certain if we should even continue since it MIGHT be reset?

May sound selfish but hell even when i was helping dsc that ###### took time and would be a punch to the face to them if they just lost it all.

Either say yes or no so we don't stand idling around uncertain if we should even invest more time.

When Epic was created, map resets were a thing. Why the shock and anger?

• Like 1