Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Epic feedback feedback thread

I think it is part of a long term plan to eventually remove the home servers

If we can make a zone where f2p can't spawn in the center of the map wouldn't that prevent a lot of the problems? So they have to swim or take boats to get to the center? 

But what is it going to fix. Even if you look at Hexproof's drawing it shows that we already have f2p with prem in the center. Its just not all on one sever. But it still boat or swim to the prem part, being elevation. So if you put it all on one server then that will suddenly fix it? 

But what is it going to fix. Even if you look at Hexproof's drawing it shows that we already have f2p with prem in the center. Its just not all on one sever. But it still boat or swim to the prem part, being elevation. So if you put it all on one server then that will suddenly fix it? 

Make a lake around the center Hota area then you have to use boats to get there.

The Idea is to get more people on Elevation I think....

Edited by Uberknot

If we can make a zone where f2p can't spawn in the center of the map wouldn't that prevent a lot of the problems? So they have to swim or take boats to get to the center? 

That can work, but I personally don't see the issue with the complaints in this thread.

Apperantly Challenge is an alt fest, but that is likely due to the skillgain + starting skills there.

On Epic, proper skilling is still needed and so is proper gearing. Those alts will never be a big threat, and bassicly are walking loot bags if they come geared.

The only issue that remains are griefing alts, those have always existed and more will potentially be created if ele were f2p. That issue can be solved by proper moderation: Ban such people where it hurts, give their main accounts a ban as a proper warning.

I keep pushing for a f2p ele because it always comes down to the same problem when attempting to recruit new people in the past. We get 10-40 people in our group chat, they are all happy and such. The first bunch quits due to the fact that their machines simply can't handle wurm. The second bunch doesn't like the game in itself. However the largest bunch who does enjoy the game ussualy quits because they can't do anything as a f2p and aren't convinced or simply refuse to pay the premium fee. Will these people magically spend money on the cashshop and more deeds? Yes some will, some won't. People will pool money together to start a place of their own. Yet some will never bother paying a penny for the game.

That however is not a bad thing, what they do instead is increase your playerbase. They populate your world, cause for more battles and events. Presence of such people will attract new players who are willing to spend money on the game. This is why many mmo's straight out state that their free to play playerbase is extremely important. Do not forget that.

Anyway just my ideas.

This discussion came up because curves don't look too good on Epic for quite a while now and I have received quite a lot of suggestions for an Elevation map reset combined with consolidation of the Epic player base. It doesn't have to be lots of work.

In case it doesn't help at least we tried to break a downgoing trend/flatline. You can go on about advertising however much you want but the ROI on that is usually pretty horrible in our case. We have scary learning curve and a java downloadable client. We need word of mouth to work and a good game that attracts customers.

We are not interested in drawing players from other parts of the game. We want players to return and totally new players. New players could start on a the home servers but I think they work pretty poorly in that respect unless you think something like 10 new players per month is a huge success. It could be better with a consolidated server.

Some of you seem to understand that spreading out population on many servers is bad and so do we even though some of you seem to think our main business idea is to open new servers all the time. It doesn't mean we want to shut down servers for those who live there and we want to avoid resets of any kind for as long as possible.

• Like 6

maybe make imping items and getting high enchants easier too? it would promote pvp abit becuase people are afraid of replacing gear?

• Like 2

"Some of you seem to understand that spreading out population on many servers is bad and so do we even though some of you seem to think our main business idea is to open new servers all the time. It doesn't mean we want to shut down servers for those who live there and we want to avoid resets of any kind for as long as possible."

You did this very thing when you opened epic Rolf. there was a huge hype about epic for a year, all we had was inde and wild. Epic goes to open, you open deliverance and and exodus. players that would of went to epic becuase they wanted to try something other then inde went to those two servers instead. I know i did i figured why start skills over when i can get in on a land rush on two servers. then you opened how many since?

We are not interested in drawing players from other parts of the game. We want players to return and totally new players. New players could start on a the home servers but I think they work pretty poorly in that respect unless you think something like 10 new players per month is a huge success. It could be better with a consolidated server.

Some of you seem to understand that spreading out population on many servers is bad and so do we even though some of you seem to think our main business idea is to open new servers all the time. It doesn't mean we want to shut down servers for those who live there and we want to avoid resets of any kind for as long as possible.

In my opinion it is best just to do this all at the same time if you intend on merging them down to one server then just do it all now while the population is low. If you make this new server and keep the home servers then there is a possibility that there would be more players upset over the deal later on.  (If you are removing the home server then just make the home islands larger to compensate)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Removing local would result in bigger groups searching for PvP.

maybe elevation consists of four major islands?

e0avKhJ.jpg

• Like 3

you should bring back mine hops but make it really easy to bash doors off deed

• Like 3

Removing local would result in bigger groups searching for PvP.

I think it would result in people not going off deed unless they had a zerg group

you should bring back mine hops but make it really easy to bash doors off deed

I think alot of pvp died when that was removed, people felt safe to go out and roam farther away from home if they new they had some place to run from income zerg and call for backup.

• Like 4

So is the overall Idea to make Elevation a lot bigger and move the F2P spawn points off the Home Servers onto Elevation?  That way all the players coming into Epic start on Elevation?

Edited by Uberknot

If you're going to remove local then you need to make sure that players visual range of how far they can see a player is actually realistic. Even right now, you should be able to see someone from a further distance than local range.

Also, I like the idea of a single bigger map with homeserver like islands without cr nerfs etc.

Also, bring back minehops

Also, slow horse speeds. And something that could be interesting is occasional no horse hotas, if it's possible to make Hota sort of a changing scenario with different rules and challenges.

Edited by New_Unsleep
  • Like 2

If you have proof please talk to GMs instead of spreading these rumours in our forum. It is called FUD and bannable. There have been hacked clients at times. We work against it and I have not heard about them in a good while so there is a very likely chance you are lier

can anyone give me a link to talk to rolf in an email or some thing

sorry but i cant discuss it here

Edited by wasntme

Just wanted to comment on a suggestion made about tying the home servers and ele together. If hota (or some other newly created event) were to provide a temporary item to the winning side that yielded a non game breaking, but nice, bonus to the entire kingdom/realm it may provide incentive for people to participate in said event. You would have to have the right balance of reward and the length the item remained in the game (They should degrade no matter their location over time) as I realize one side may have greater numbers and therefor tend to win, but that seems to come and go in waves with the current system now anyway.

Anyway, I too am happy to see attention being paid to epic. I don't necessarily agree with everything but I won't complain. I would just encourage you to implement slowly, allow us to test and check feedback!

Thanks to the entire Wurm team!

• Like 2

sorry but i cant discuss it here

but i also don't like being called a liar either

Edited by wasntme

but i also don't like being called a lier either

PM Enki with the stuff you have.