Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Epic feedback feedback thread

We can look into reducing local a lot just so you can count those people you see at least.

Ingame map is for Valrei.

A lot of people want a larger map with starter islands away from the center. I think it makes sense. The home servers only exist because we have had trouble with map sizes and protection. The idea is to consolidate players in the Epic cluster which means directing people towards one server only but we will not discuss wiping home servers.

If we don't do Elevation F2P there's no reason to make it bigger with start cities along the rim. We can look at some sort of Premium only zone in the middle but it sounds weird and exploitable. Could probably prevent spawning and tent dropping inside it though.

• Like 5

taking away local only gives the cheaters an advantage really not that they don't have an advantage already they have programs to see people in local where they are and stuff.

If you have proof please talk to GMs instead of spreading these rumours in our forum. It is called FUD and bannable. There have been hacked clients at times. We work against it and I have not heard about them in a good while so there is a very likely chance you are lying here.

My deal is, why cripple Fo or vyn when lib/mag in a 1v1 can beat either.

There are valid arguments that two gods give double the amount of missions. Fo is the elder Deity between him and Vynora so Vyn missions would be handled by him, that is Vynora players would help Fo instead.

• Like 7

Not sure why you are making any of these changes,none will bring new players, or increase player base in anyway.  fix bugs and advertise already. And fix the portals at GV to give an accurate description of Epic!!!

Edited by Ruiner

I agree with giving GV better info at the portals about faster skill gain etc..Epic Stuff.

Rolf is Replying. PRAISE ROLF PRAISE NATHAN PRAISE WURM.

• Like 8

We can look into reducing local a lot just so you can count those people you see at least.

A lot of people want a larger map with starter islands away from the center. I think it makes sense. The home servers only exist because we have had trouble with map sizes and protection. The idea is to consolidate players in the Epic cluster which means directing people towards one server only but we will not discuss wiping home servers.

If we don't do Elevation F2P there's no reason to make it bigger with start cities along the rim. We can look at some sort of Premium only zone in the middle but it sounds weird and exploitable. Could probably prevent spawning and tent dropping inside it though.

I wasn't even on challange and all I heard about all the time was how many alts there were zerging all over the place. PLEASE NO to making Elevation F2P. No.

• Like 9

Don't make Elevation Free to play as long as the homeservers still exist.

We want a bigger map for elevation and we do not want F2P

• Like 3

* Remove local lists on Elevation a while and see what the effect is

• Like 5

There are valid arguments that two gods give double the amount of missions. Fo is the elder Deity between him and Vynora so Vyn missions would be handled by him, that is Vynora players would help Fo instead.

No F2P on elevation but still a bigger map plz :) Merge Epic /who list and remove home server cr nerf asap, that would intensify Epic instantly!

Thank you Rolf for this nice brainstormiig-sesh!

• Like 1

Sorry but..? Whaaaaat? Why only Fo may I ask? Will vyn give missions later down the line?

Also: local list..? Okay...?

And making ele f2p seems like a really bad idea in my opinion. Welcome chaos alt fest

• Like 1

Looking good so far, but I think f2p Elevation would turn into alt abuse simulator 2015, which is already being done just on a smaller scale.

Edited by Edvinas
  • Like 1

I wasn't even on challange and all I heard about all the time was how many alts there were zerging all over the place. PLEASE NO to making Elevation F2P. No.

Edited by Baultr
  • Like 1

Rolf, good decision.

question:

1. will reimbursement for traders?

2. will reimbursement for deed ? ( deed to elevation an expensive strongholds )

4. disable /who command on epic cluster ?

5. disable api for external applications for viewing how much people are on each server to prevent cross-alerting programs on epic ?

if there is a reset please either remove or tone down valrei events and valcanos

and maybe wand of the seas only able to be used under water

• Like 1

If we can make a zone where f2p can't spawn in the center of the map wouldn't that prevent a lot of the problems? So they have to swim or take boats to get to the center? 

What are you hoping for by making elevation f2p rolf? Help us understand.

• Like 4

faster skilling to the mid levels would help some.

If we can make a zone where f2p can't spawn in the center of the map wouldn't that prevent a lot of the problems? So they have to swim or take boats to get to the center? 

There is something missing though. All these changes address issues that are relevant for people playing on Epic right now. It will affect the already existing player base and (I think) most of these features will be embraced by the community. However, it does not make Epic more appealing to people that don't currently play Epic, it does not introduce this big "Epic only" thing that is needed to draw players from other clusters. This (in my opinion) remains a very important issue.

Nor does it do something about the ever prevalent issue of the home server population being very separate from Elevation activities. Most people on a home server don't give a shit about Hota or "big group of enemies sighted digging dirt in the middle of the steppe". I think there need to be more mechanics and activities to bond home servers to their template kingdom on Elevation. These features should not oblige home server players on Epic to pvp, but they should be prominent enough to make it clear to new players that even home servers are different from Freedom.

• Like 2

No f2p alts on elevation. I don't see how it serves a constructive purpose.

• Like 3

No f2p alts on elevation. I don't see how it serves a constructive purpose.

Edited by Kegan