Sign in to follow this  
Kammerz

WURM ONLINE FOR IPAD :D !

Is there any talk of getting Wurm Online on to tablets?! 

Wurm Online for IPAD +1 

So we can click 'continue' while in bed falling asleep :D

IPad/ios doesn't support Java, so I doubt any time soon.

Some sort of remote desktop setup might work though and I think people have tried in the past.

Edited by Lexika

^ they have, it's been quite laggy and most reported only being able to stand in one spot queueing prayers or imping.

It'll be a few years I imagine before any mobile devices that do support java and the graphics processing are advanced enough to handle Wurm.

Doubt you'll ever see it natively, but as Lexika says, it's doable via VNC/RDP connections from tablet devices to your desktop.

Only other option would be a Windows tablet like the Surface 3, which plays Wurm fairly acceptably, actually.  Bear in mind the Surface 3 is a rather pricey, full windows x86 tablet, though.

• Like 2

Doubt you'll ever see it natively, but as Lexika says, it's doable via VNC/RDP connections from tablet devices to your desktop.

Only other option would be a Windows tablet like the Surface 3, which plays Wurm fairly acceptably, actually.  Bear in mind the Surface 3 is a rather pricey, full windows x86 tablet, though.

Coming in at around $1300 for the 128gb model here, yeh they are pretty expensive.

Maybe in a few years we will see some portable, wurm capable device for a reasonable price.

Remote desktop app as others have mentioned. I used a few and they all lag somewhat. Pretty much only good for standing still actions such as pray and meditating and crafting. I wouldnt go pvp on one.

At least a 2-3 second delay which is not ideal for certain situations. I wouldnt call that a very good response. Plus the small chance to dc.

mine sits under 1 sec on average so still pretty good but ya if it was natively supported on tablets it be better but doubt that would happen any time soon be it ios or android

• Like 1

Hosted remote sessions are unplayable, but if you are connecting to your desktop only using the local network, it will be a reasonable experience.