Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 10

Your weekly updates was the best part of this forum. I for one will miss having you on the team. Good luck in all your future endevors :)

• Like 3

The updates this week look good. All things (except epic) that I've been looking forward to for a long time.

I'm so sad to see you go Johan, you will be greatly missed. Good luck on your next adventure!

• Like 1

No more Johan :( kinda zaps ones batteries for playing wurm if we won't have such good weekly news.

For a game that hasn't ever really had a level of weekly updates like this, Red Baron did a good job of it.

Make them ninjas proud.

• Like 2

If it's a purely financial thing from CodeClub AB's standpoint...

Then why can't we simply have an in game item, or items created to raise funds?

It surely can't be this difficult...

• Like 4

What I personally find sad is the fact that Rolf decides to upgrade the Wurm Team's offices by moving to obviously more expensive accommodations, but then following that up by letting go his Public Relations officer who has arguably helped to secure the very funds that made the move possible.  Higher rent but at the cost of letting a very prominent public face of Wurm go is just not a sound decision in my opinion.

This whole thing makes me sad.

So sorry to hear you are leaving RB.  I know the weekly updates will continue as you say, but I am going to sorely miss YOUR weekly updates.  It was just a great joy to read with anticipation both the progress of Wurm's development and the whit you showed in communicating them.

Best wishes on your future endeavors!

• Like 1

Johan you will be missed and it will be very hard to fill your shoes. God speed and good luck wherever you go sir.

• Like 1

Good luck Johan!  I have had a lot of fun working with you on various background issues and projects.  When you were added to the team It was a good feeling and we were able to bring a lot of things together.  This is sad news, but onwards and upwards as some pencil drawing once said.

• Like 3

I just checked... Rolf is selling Johan on that playerauctions site...

Go bark, dog!

I will be leaving the team for new endeavors effective pretty much after this newsletter.

Out of all of the topics in this thread, this one grips me the most. RedBaron I've -loved- your posts. The charming and lovely personality, the patient and friendly way you interact with us in the forums, it all really oozes through in your posts and as I've seen it mentioned in some other thread, seeing that there is a new Wurm update has been a little bit like Christmas. Not only because of the Wurm news itself but also because of the lovely vibe I get into after reading. I know this sounds exaggerated and dramatic, but really - the way you write just has that something that cheers me up after a long hard day at work. When logging into Wurm and seeing the banner, the first thing I do is click it to get a little cheerful pick-me-up before logging all the way through into the game. I for one will miss you a lot!

Please know that you gave a lot of value to the players of Wurm and the very best of luck to your next challenges!

• Like 5

As only a year old player I have come to take your news updates for granted I guess, and will miss your style very much. I wish you all the best with your future efforts whatever they may be. I also wish the very best to any who will carry on the tradition, PR stuff isn't really an easy job by a long shot, and personality plays a big role in how well it works. I'd like to think it will all work out for the best for all of us, that's my general take on life anyway, everything happens for a reason, so again all the best to those who now have new doors opening :)

• Like 1

Worst news in a long while, will miss your posts Johan! Good luck with whatever will be your new occupation.

For economical reasons sounds bad for Wurm too. Maybe it's time to Challenge the existence of some servers...

• Like 1

:( but here's to new adventure.

May your sleep bonus always be full and your drumrolls well-timed.

• Like 2

Red Baron...

Hearing you leave is really, really sad news. You have been the face of Wurm for many of us for quite some time. What made you particularly successful was your constantly positive attitude, your enthusiasm for the game that shone through all your posts, and your sense of humour that had many of us laughing out loud at our computers many times. Whenever we saw you in a picture or a video, you were always smiling. You will be missed and I hope you at least stay as a player and remain part of the community. I hope your projects continue.

Speaking of projects, what will become now of the sound you were upgrading for the game? I really like what I have seen so far!

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 5

Red_Baron,

Thank you for all your hard work in helping us stay connected with dev progress. i too love to read your weekly updates. I wish you well and your family wonderful adventures to ccome.

Lolabelle

Free Bears Elder

• Like 1

Red Baron...

Hearing you leave is really, really sad news. You have been the face of Wurm for many of us for quite some time. What made you particularly successful was your constantly positive attitude, your enthusiasm for the game that shone through all your posts, and your sense of humour that had many of us laughing out loud at our computers many times. Whevever we saw you in a picture or a video, you were always smiling. You will be missed and I hope you at least stay as a player and remain part of the community. I hope your projects continue.

Speaking of projects, what will become now of the sound you were upgrading for the game? I really like what I have seen so far!

• Like 1

Johan.. oh man ;( you will be missed seriously.

I think wurm needs more focus on PR, so hope that thing still keeps running.

Wish you best journeys in your life. You have shared your life and soul and creativity, it has not gone to waste, it made an affect that cant be taken away

Much love and peace. Hate to see favorites go.

So what's next for you do you know yet? Are you going to work on another game or moving on to something else entirely? 

I guess this is not the place for that though. I know the news might not be something the developers can do every week once you are gone but it would be nice for once a month anyway. 

o/

Edited by Kegan

Out of all of the topics in this thread, this one grips me the most. RedBaron I've -loved- your posts. The charming and lovely personality, the patient and friendly way you interact with us in the forums, it all really oozes through in your posts and as I've seen it mentioned in some other thread, seeing that there is a new Wurm update has been a little bit like Christmas. Not only because of the Wurm news itself but also because of the lovely vibe I get into after reading. I know this sounds exaggerated and dramatic, but really - the way you write just has that something that cheers me up after a long hard day at work. When logging into Wurm and seeing the banner, the first thing I do is click it to get a little cheerful pick-me-up before logging all the way through into the game. I for one will miss you a lot!

Please know that you gave a lot of value to the players of Wurm and the very best of luck to your next challenges!

• Like 1

Good luck Johan!  I have had a lot of fun working with you on various background issues and projects.  When you were added to the team It was a good feeling and we were able to bring a lot of things together.  This is sad news, but onwards and upwards as some pencil drawing once said.

Right back at you Enki.

You are truly a benchmark for what I will think of as a gamemaster and a mind with a just way of rational thinking.

And on a personal level an awesome and selfless cool dude.

Keep that nose over the water man ;)

And remember, share the load hehe.

Thanks for all your help and collaboration, I have always appreciated and enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Johan.. oh man ;( you will be missed seriously.

I think wurm needs more focus on PR, so hope that thing still keeps running.

Wish you best journeys in your life. You have shared your life and soul and creativity, it has not gone to waste, it made an affect that cant be taken away

Much love and peace. Hate to see favorites go.

Hahaha Silakka, such a rascal :P I have enjoyed hanging out with you here on the forums.

All the best to you as well.

• Like 1

Johan,

As you leave to peruse other avenues in your life, you will certainly be leaving a big hole in the Wurm community. It will be hard to accept that you're leaving from the CodeAB team, but hopefully not from Wurm Online and the Wurm Online community altogether. There will be no replacing someone like yourself. I don't feel anyone else will be able to quite continue on with the same quality, creativity, and humor that you brought to us through your weekly newsletters. There was certainly a special touch you added to each one, that made them such a pleasure to read, and something I greatly looked forward to each week.

I can already tell I'm certainly not alone when I say this, you will be greatly missed, however I wish you the very best with whatever life brings your way. Hopefully this is only just a farewell, and not goodbye.

Thank you Drakeling, your words truly do warm my heart :)

I hardly feel deserving of such praise my friend but I am non the less glad to have made a difference to you.

It is always fun to add a bit of personal flavor when you have such a flamboyant crowd to tease hahaha.

hope we dont gone loose enki now too :D

anyway last time i will buging you with bridges :D 

What do you think is next ETA for bridges...  you see all the recent progress and so :P

• Like 1

It is sad for the Wurm Online community that we need to lose you Johan. Your updates quickly became a source of much needed communication that all players look for. You were able to give us lots of decent updates and all delivered with humour and excitement which is always much appreciated.

I hope that your Wurm experiences will act as a catalyst for your next role and I sincerely hope that Rolf and the remaining team can 'turn this ship around' so that we're able to hire a PR officer of your quality in the future.

• Like 2