Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 10

Aww, Johan, you will be truly missed. :( These news left me speechless and genuinely sad to see you go. 

Thank you for all your time here, thank you for the wonderful news updates, for your enthusiasm, and for just having been a part of this all. I think the fact that most people didn't even comment on anything else in the update post other than to say you will be missed speaks volumes in itself about how appreciated you were in this community. 

And Rolf made a huge mistake in letting you go, but I won't rant excessively about that right here because right now, I just need to say goodbye first. But still, Rolf, seriously, this is a huge mistake.

Johan, I wish you all the best in the future, and again, thank you for your time spent here. I'm sure that, with you being who you are, you will be just as appreciated in your next endevour too!

Tusen tack, många kramar, och ett stort lycka till!

Sia, thank you. You are to kind.

The pleasure is mine to have shared this time with you all because it is a joint endevour.

If I would not have enjoyed talking with you all so much there would not have been such enthusiasm ;)

All the best to you!

Such sad news to hear of Johan's leaving. Thank you for all you've done for Wurm... you've gone a long way in improving communication with the players. Sure hope this isn't a laid off situation, especially after the recent office change. That just wouldn't seem right. I hope they realize the public face of Wurm is just as important, if not more so in some ways, as the development backend.

Thanks Araninke and I do appreciate your support.

It is because of wurmians like you communication has been easier to improve, believe me hehe ;)

So sad to hear you are leaving. You are truly one of Wurms very shiniest rares. Thank you for being our newsman and giving so much pleasure to so many with your weekly news post. Fair winds Mr Baron.

Haha thank you Chiqa.

And thank you for keeping positive and hopeful even in instances when the majority is not.

For being a person giving the benefit of doubt,

:)

• Like 1

Cant be worst!   ROLF do big mistake...   and i was just about to buy another year of premium :S

i always says... one man can change the world :D

Is it just me or... are you always "just about to buy a year worth of premium"? hahaha, just kidding ;)

Or.. am I?

#Rockybalboamastermanipulator

• Like 2

i always buy 1 year !!!!!!!!!

but when premium going short :D

you will not tell us your ETA for bridges right? :S

And now public relations goes the way of wurm promises, Into the toilet. 

I'll skip the never ending rant about the stupidity in this move, And set my mind elsewhere.  Possibly the once a year statements from rolf which people tear apart endlessly, Because he has nothing to say.

We enjoyed your work Baron, It was the only professional part of this company. And the value was greatly underestimated.

But we can't have anyone around that would attempt to make the game enjoyable, So you have to go.

I am tempted to say so many things to Rolf right now. But why bother.  It's not like he's going to read it.

Sad to see you go. Though I rarely comment in these threads, I always enjoyed reading them and thought you were the best Dev/Player link that I have ever seen in this game. :/

All the best in the future for you Red.Hope u find a new,good job soon

All the best Johan.  Sad things went this way for you but with your positive attitude, I'm sure things will work out for you just fine.  Take care man.

Oh, Rolf.... if I had a nickel for every bad decision you've made, I'd be rich.

Ignore the fact that your players can't be in local together without lagging out and dropping connection. Ignore that your host provider is garbage. These are certainly not reasons that people are turning away from your product. Instead, spend the last 6+ months fleshing out yet another pvp server/cluster, which only a quarter (or less) of your playerbase cares about. You're losing an employee here and instead of actually doing something about it, you're fishing for suggestions in City Hall to "fix" 2 pvp clusters that always have and always will be dead weight.

Good luck in the future, Johan. I'm sure you'll be able to find an employer who has his/her better together. Can't say the new employer will provide you with as much holiday time as CC did, though. :P   ;) 

• Like 3

Sad to see you go Red Baron. The weekly updates were always something I looked forward to read. You will be missed.

Mavv

Your updates were something that initially crept up on me and then became something I really looked forward to each week. 

However, that wasn't the most recent thing you did that made me sit up and take notice. Those new sound effects have caused me to almost fall out of my chair more then once lately. That makes the game a better experience for me and I thank you for your efforts there too. That crocodile sound is something else! :)

Best of luck.

~Nappy

permisions system looks very interesting. Will be much easier to manage roles thats for sure.

Its SAD news that You are leaving RB. Your news were always interesting and sometimes funny so they lighten up mood.

I wish You GOOD LUCK wherever You are going.

Johan, this weekly newletter, for me, was a pleasant connection between the game and the company, gave me the feeling that this game is alive, the company backing it up actualy existant. Without this bit of information trickling in, its easy for someone who is not interested in forum trolling, to feel like playing in an abandoned game. Low server population, no news in the news section... i hope this wont be the case from now on. I wish you a speedy job recovery with better terms.

Wow, really sorry that you are going, but good luck in your new challenge!

Very sad news to hear not only that you are leaving, Johan, but the circumstances in which you are.

I think you made a very positive advancement of PR during your stay here with us, and despite you being a little wet behind the ears with regards to our unique community when you first came, I think you learned to understand what makes a lot of us tick. Your news updates have been a hit and I applaud some of your other efforts to get a multimedia feel to Wurm news and PR.

I must say at first I had reservations about you when you took over PR after me, but you proved me wrong very quickly.

Now I just hope that the positive work done by yourself, but also all of our PRAs past and present, and our previous PRMs including myself, Stargrace and Gurubear is continued by whoever subsequently carries on in that very, very difficult role.

Edited by Wossoo

We will miss you Red Baron.

Good luck on your adventures! :)

Best wishes to you and your future, Johan. In the meantime enjoy your ninja-wife and still-somewhat-new baby son :)

Perhaps we will see you back in Wurm someday

Good luck onward Red Baron! I really enjoyed your news  ^_^

I love the looks of the new permissions system looks.

I only have one hen to pick and that's pruning.

See no option to disable/allow this, because if you happen to have hedge fence, you can prune them down to be passable. So what option covers this? Hopefully not picking sprouts, because i'd like to enable anyone to pick them on my deed.

I also hope that bashing (fence) also goes for cutting hedges. My dream is to have my livestock fenced with hedges and still let random people pick sprouts and cut old trees off my treefarm.

Edited by Beneldorla

Johan,

Please PM me your email and link to your LinkedIn profile. I would love to write a "recommend" for you. Your weekly news and positive attitude is one of the best features in all of Wurm. You deserve success!

• Like 2

Awesome idea!  Johan, if you feel comfortable PMing me the same information, I'll be happy to recommend you as well.  And who knows? Maybe I'll have someone in my network who can help you with your next endeavor.   :)

I'll miss your posts and positive energy.  Good luck!

Same here. I was actually thinking about this yesterday but someone beat me to it. RedBaron send me a PM if you'd like to connect in LinkedIn for this purpose.

• Like 2

A lot of us were looking forward to weekly news, and you will be missed.  Hope your future holds wonderful things and that you will go from strength to strength.  

Red Baron Recipe:

1 and a half ounces of Gin, one and a half ounces of orange juice, wedge of lime, dash of grenadine.  Enjoy!

c170.jpg

The new permissions system looks fantastic!

And johan, even though you may not be an employee, you are always welcome to come wurm out with us! (especially us over here on JK Chaos ;) )