Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 10

Great, the game is losing the ability to pay one of its very few paid employees. Not a great sign at all.

• Like 1

Johan,

Please PM me your email and link to your LinkedIn profile. I would love to write a "recommend" for you. Your weekly news and positive attitude is one of the best features in all of Wurm. You deserve success!

• Like 3

I was so happy that the crew got a new office but if this was the price then I change my mind! :(

Anyways, you will be missed by many!

Kram, kram och lycka till!

(hugs, hugs, and good luck!)

Tack så mycket och kram på dig med!

(Thanks and a hug to you to!)

Actually my first response to Johan leaving was along the lines of...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Followed by a bunch of vulgarity. Which... wouldn't have been very nice to post. So I revised it.

It kind of redefines 'suck', imo.

If you get rid of the glue that holds the whole thing together, then what good is that?

*Maybe you should can whomever thought Challenge was a good idea. Even if that's Rolf.* :P

• Like 3

The loss of your spectacular soft skills will hamper CodeClub AB more than they will ever know.

Good luck in your future endeavors, whatever they may be!

• Like 1

You're news updates kept me interested in wurm, when my interest was failing.  You will be greatly missed.

• Like 1

so let me get this straight someone somewhere has money issues thus the logical order of things is to get rid of the 1 person who actually responds to the community? even ea wasnt as bad as that when it came to dying communities and cutting of staff >.>

itl be sad to see you go as you brought something to codeclub that was missing communication even if it was just news updates and a few other things but without a public face i guess codeclub will just go back to being a company who offers no listening ear to the community :/

• Like 3

But Weekly News will still remain if so in a slightly different format.

Wurm communities havent died, we are already at page 3 of comments to this thread. ;)

So sad to hear you are leaving. You are truly one of Wurms very shiniest rares. Thank you for being our newsman and giving so much pleasure to so many with your weekly news post. Fair winds Mr Baron.

• Like 3

Wurm communities havent died, we are already at page 3 of comments to this thread. ;)

• Like 1

Johan,

As you leave to peruse other avenues in your life, you will certainly be leaving a big hole in the Wurm community. It will be hard to accept that you're leaving from the CodeAB team, but hopefully not from Wurm Online and the Wurm Online community altogether. There will be no replacing someone like yourself. I don't feel anyone else will be able to quite continue on with the same quality, creativity, and humor that you brought to us through your weekly newsletters. There was certainly a special touch you added to each one, that made them such a pleasure to read, and something I greatly looked forward to each week.

I can already tell I'm certainly not alone when I say this, you will be greatly missed, however I wish you the very best with whatever life brings your way. Hopefully this is only just a farewell, and not goodbye.

• Like 4

While it is a sad loss to see Johan leave, I would like to take the time to thank him for all he has done for the community, sharing weekly news with us has given us an insight into the process that we never had before. He wil be missed.

Rest assured that we will continue to focus on the community and work with you, while Johan is indeed moving on, the trend he started will not be left to rot.

We will continue to share news and information, as well as work on improving that in the time to come.

• Like 9

Thank you Retro, and I look forward to seeing you grow to fill in Johan's shoes.

good to have had you as a wurmmian  all the best on your new endevors tks for all your hard work redbarron

• Like 1

Aww, Johan, you will be truly missed. :( These news left me speechless and genuinely sad to see you go. 

Thank you for all your time here, thank you for the wonderful news updates, for your enthusiasm, and for just having been a part of this all. I think the fact that most people didn't even comment on anything else in the update post other than to say you will be missed speaks volumes in itself about how appreciated you were in this community. 

And Rolf made a huge mistake in letting you go, but I won't rant excessively about that right here because right now, I just need to say goodbye first. But still, Rolf, seriously, this is a huge mistake.

Johan, I wish you all the best in the future, and again, thank you for your time spent here. I'm sure that, with you being who you are, you will be just as appreciated in your next endevour too!

Tusen tack, många kramar, och ett stort lycka till!

Edited by Sia
  • Like 1

Now might be a good time to monetize the situation and make the cash store people have been asking for.

Cosmetics, convenience items, non pay-to-win goodies, etc.

We need a Wurm Store, so crap like this never happens again.

I can't even tell you how shocking and gutpunching it is to have Johan leaving.

His updates were absolutely the only thing that brought me back to Wurm after I'd written the game off as a 'dead cat bounce'.

To Rolf:

Time to be honest, son. What kind of capitol do you need to make the numbers where they should be again?

Let us know, and the community will make it happen.

Give us something to buy in a Wurm Store so that various people with various interests can all contribute.

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 6

What I personally find sad is the fact that Rolf decides to upgrade the Wurm Team's offices by moving to obviously more expensive accommodations, but then following that up by letting go his Public Relations officer who has arguably helped to secure the very funds that made the move possible.  Higher rent but at the cost of letting a very prominent public face of Wurm go is just not a sound decision in my opinion.

This whole thing makes me sad.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 10

Redbaron, you have a very bad sense of humor.... or is it such a bad dream I have right now?

Hah, I will truly miss you from here - I can only wish the best for you, I'm rather speechless ...

• Like 1

Farewell Johan, you will be missed  :(

Good luck with whatever the future may hold for you though!

• Like 1

When I first started reading the forums, one the things that stuck out to me, was the weekly news. For a while, I didn't realize that it was you, Johan, which really made it until I saw news written by others and didn't get nearly as pumped or excited for new changes. I will definitely miss your hilarious posts, and the great benefit you've been to the community. As much as I'd rather just click off and go sulk somewhere. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and thank you warmly for all that you've been put through by us crazy Wurmians! The Wurm news definitely won't be the same without you!

Farewell Johan!

• Like 4

Hey Johan the Redbaron, I hope you will be the very first to return if things go better financially again. We will dearly miss you.

• Like 1

Such sad news to hear of Johan's leaving. Thank you for all you've done for Wurm... you've gone a long way in improving communication with the players. Sure hope this isn't a laid off situation, especially after the recent office change. That just wouldn't seem right. I hope they realize the public face of Wurm is just as important, if not more so in some ways, as the development backend.

• Like 2

The new permissions system just made me mess my pants a little. Very happy that in the future I will be able to allow people who are not part of my deed to still dig clay/tar/moss. Now I will feel less like a douche for deeding over a resource.

Goodbye, Johan. Best of luck to your future endeavors!

Edited by Karthannar

sniffles, now who am i gonna pick on besides rolf, Good luck!

• Like 1

I will miss your news Johan! much luck out there :)

• Like 1