Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 10

lssn_w10L.jpg

Hello fellow Wurmians!

As always there will be mixed topics to enjoy.

But today I will also bring you some changes.

Which I guess is still technically news..

But this is about changes in the news.

So news about the news.

And with that all clarified, i guess it is just time to

Share some News!

Bridges Focus

The developers are going to be focusing more on the bridges now to once more kick this ongoing endeavor into a higher gear.

There are still allot of functionality to consider when it comes to collisions.

An example of this is the fact you were able to walk on the outside of bridges.

I guess it is great for parkour but not really intentional in this case.

More wall options!

Last week we got to have a look at some nice new wall additions making there way into the game.

This addition adds its own unique appeal making for great variation and possibility for creativity.

outerwall.png

Epic is being discussed

As most of you probably know there has been a thread discussing the epic cluster, challenge and their futures.

Already there is much useful feedback and it is currently under review.

Nothing to drastic is being considered currently but there certainly is need for something to spur growth and activity.

Reworking the permissions system

So we talked about this a bit last week, but I wanted to share some further progress.

So here we have work in progress of the new interface.

All options have a mouseover text telling you some further details for clarification.

The options in red also has a confirmation popup to make you pay extra attention due to the potential safety issues involved.

interface.jpg

RedBaron is leaving Wurm!

So this would be the news about the news which I mentioned.

I will be leaving the team for new endeavors effective pretty much after this newsletter.

Due to financial reasons and me being the most recent employé, it is just how it goes.

Will try and hang around to say goodbye to you all if you feel you want to talk.

The most noticeable change for you would of course be the news as my other functions are less visible to the general community.

But Weekly News will still remain if so in a slightly different format.

I am not going to go all sentimental on you Wurmians, both staff and players, but I will say this.

Thank you all for your hilarious commentary and lively banter.

Thank you for all the support, great feedback and participation.

You are a great community and fun individuals.

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and sharing these last couple of years.

And with that I will say Goodbye fellow Wurmians!

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 33

Please uncripple priests as asked in this thread:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/117739-please-remove-the-characteristic-nerf-on-priests/

And good bye Johann. Your news and the engagement for better communication between team and players was great. I hope you will find another project you can contribute to right away.

Edited by BigBadBum
  • Like 8

Do we still get weekly newsletters after this one?

Edited by DOE
  • Like 1

+1 for the new role management.

Farewell RedBaron.

Edited by Lexika
  • Like 1

Wish you all the best, Johan. Good luck in your future endeavours!

You will be missed. :)

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 9

The new permissions system look awesome and looks like it will be a lot easier to see what you actually let people do when you have more then 5 roles in your town.

Farewell Johan you will be greatly missed since these weekly news have been one of the best things that has happened to Wurm Online in years and I've been sitting around each Thursday waiting for the awesome news.

• Like 15

The new permissions system look awesome and looks like it will be a lot easier to see what you actually let people do when you have more then 5 roles in your town.

Farewell Johan you will be greatly missed since these weekly news have been one of the best things that has happened to Wurm Online in years and I've been sitting around each Thursday waiting for the awesome news.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear you are leaving RB.  I know the weekly updates will continue as you say, but I am going to sorely miss YOUR weekly updates.  It was just a great joy to read with anticipation both the progress of Wurm's development and the whit you showed in communicating them.

Best wishes on your future endeavors!

• Like 6

So sorry to hear you are leaving RB.  I know the weekly updates will continue as you say, but I am going to sorely miss YOUR weekly updates.  It was just a great joy to read with anticipation both the progress of Wurm's development and the whit you showed in communicating them.

Best wishes on your future endeavors!

• Like 1

Johan - take care & thanks for all of the the awesome!

Looking forward to the permissions & bridges(!).

/marni

• Like 1

Johan - take care & thanks for all of the the awesome!

Looking forward to the permissions & bridges(!).

/marni

Sad to hear your leaving, evens though ive only read your newsletters and never known you - I wish you a fair-well into the new world that is "Real Life". Enjoy it. o/

• Like 2

You've been one of the best new 'features' added to Wurm in the last 2 years

Wish you and your family the best, im sure you will grow and enjoy a successful 2015

Warm Regards,

Atlas

• Like 3

You've been one of the best new 'features' added to Wurm in the last 2 years

Wish you and your family the best, im sure you will grow and enjoy a successful 2015

Warm Regards,

Atlas

Haha oh you, such a flatterer. Thank you Atlas, wish you all the best as well mate!!

It's not only the news with which you immersed us into the on-goings of Wurm, but also the new sounds. Your spirit in the communications will be missed and remembered!

I hope you build a solid bridge to your next career step, to be able to expand your deed and upkeep for the coming generations (breeding ninjas is expensive in terms of insurance, I'm pretty sure!)

• Like 6

sad one player more quit wurm.... :S

Yeah, who are you now going to complain to about reiterating the same news about bridges!!

It is no good man, no good haha :P

Construction Build option should be split into Start and Continue options

I am happy for a villager to continue building a wall that has already been started, but I do not want them to build new walls. At the moment the Build permission is needed to continue a wall, but also gives the ability to start new walls.

• Like 2

Cant be worst!   ROLF do big mistake...   and i was just about to buy another year of premium :S

i always says... one man can change the world :D

Edited by RockyBalboa

Looking forward to bridges and the new walls. The new permission systems looks great.

All the best in whatever you do Johan! You shall be sorely missed.

Your newsletters were the main thing that brought me back to Wurm after a few months hiatus!

Since I've seen no one else say it thus far, you are probably the best public facing and personable asset Wurm has, and I can't even imagine what the state of the updates is going to look like without you.

All the best, and god(s)speed.

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 3

When I left Wurm for a year I was still watching Wurm via these weekly newsletters! It's a really good way of keeping people posted with what's going on in the development world.

Most game devs are reactive whereas Wurms developers seems to be proactive. 

Thanks for the newsletters and hope they continue them for when I disappear back in to the real world again and don't have the time to commit to Wurm.

Where are you going RedBaron? a new gaming company - Are you allowed to say ?? :P

• Like 1