Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

Can you get gems Digging?

Someone was saying you could I just wanted to know has anyone gotten a gem digging?

Oh and what determines the Qlty?  Digging skill? Mining skill?

Also is there a % of chance like Mining or less?

Edited by Uberknot

i got one emerald dregding. i filled up like 3 bsbs and i got it. seems like it has the same chance of dropping like all other rare resources. sometimes you get alot and something nothing for weeks.

eidt: i would like to know if anyone was able dig up a rare bone yet.

Edited by hoof2000

Can get at least emeralds digging.

Edited by Elen

Can find emeralds digging and mining. Seems to be random, like with finding rare coins botanizing. I've only found 2 or 3 since it has been implemented.

• Like 1

All of the emeralds I've received digging have been of high quality.  Normally 85+

All of the emeralds I've received digging have been of high quality.  Normally 85+

Quality is determined by your digging skill

Quality is determined by your digging skill

Explains everything!

96+

Digging and dredging but not levelling nor flattening. I tend to get one every ~1400 actions with a skiller shovel, and they were almost all 80+ql (but yes my skill was higher than that)

Well theirs been no documented existence of this happening to my knowledge, that you get a bone, However it is said that if you dig to rock, theirs a very small chance that you'l get a strange bone drop. As-well theirs some "rumors" that if you dig near where a unique was previously slain, you'l have a higher chance of acquiring the bone. But those are all rumors iv heard, not actual facts of-course. I don't really believe the last one, but hey, that's why their called Rumours after-all.

dug 10's of thousands of dirt, at least 50 tiles to rock and have only had gems :P

Just last week a guy dug up a fantastic bone on Xanadu and sold it for 5g, from what I understand.

i got one emerald dregding. i filled up like 3 bsbs and i got it. seems like it has the same chance of dropping like all other rare resources. sometimes you get alot and something nothing for weeks.

I pulled a rare bone out of the ground the other day.

Got a spiffy achievement 

• Like 1

My alt dug up a 3ql emerald a few days ago. His digging skill was very low at the time, like 5-7 skill maybe.

not sure if that's correct.  I found a 88ql emerald at 60ish digging same day they implemented it.  My digging skill is still not 88...

I doubt it's as strict as that, far more likely that digging skill merely influences the ql you are likely to get, RNG is still a factor, and anomalies happen, rather than "skill-capped" gems