Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

seed bags

its been suggested before in the past and often met with a positive attitude

allow us to create seed bags similar to how we create satchels but can only store seeds and when activated one can right click on a tile and sow and it uses up 1 of the seeds stored inside of the bag

• Like 4

Aside from the name of the item and the inability to store anything besides seeds, this seems like it has the exact same function of a satchel, with the only upside being not having to use a toolbelt.

Edited by williamwierd

This should not be difficult because we actually have a similar mechanic when we combine materials like clay, then "the amount required for the recipe" is detucted from the total.

The only difference between a "lump of clay" containing X many individual units, and a "pumpkin seed bag" containing X many units, is primarily just graphics and wording. 

Put seeds in a satchel or a backpack and put it on the toolbar, activating it on the toolbar activates the contents instead of the container.

When i am resowing i carry 2 backpacks on slot 1 and 2 and alternate between the 2 so i can queue actions.

• Like 2

Problem is queueing up multiple plantings with the satchel method.

I have a farming tool belt where I just add a 5 filled satchels.  It's a nice-to-have, agreed, but there are ways to do this currently, so low on my +1 list.

Problem is queueing up multiple plantings with the satchel method.

activating the satchel or backpack on a toolbelt activates the first item in the bag so having as many bags as you have actions you want to queue allows queuing anyway and once the first bags seed is sown you can select it again and repeat all the way across the field the only thing that slows the process is the sowing timer and the amount of slots you have on your toolbelt if I have 45 tiles for example I use 3 bags of 15 seeds and I do 3 tiles at a time I can queue 5 actions but I use 3 anyway as its how many tiles are in front of me left center right, then I move forward wait for each seed to sow and repeat all the way across the field, right now I cant remember if stamina is an issue or not (I dont recall it being anyway) but other than perhaps stamina drain you can walk all the way through the field in this way with the only thing slowing you being the timer for sowing.

• Like 1

use satchels in toolbelt otherwise a seeder would be one at a time as well.....is that what you want?

An old fashion seeder to work as a tool?

Seems that the OP's suggestion is for some type of planting bag that will automatically queue up the next seed/vegetable after the first one is planted. From what I gather from these responses, a satchel with seeds/vegs within it will not do this. So what is suggested in the OP is a better system.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

IMO a Harvest Moon-esque seed bag would be awesome, whereby it sows a 3x3 centred on the player. Could do it ql based too so 90ql seed bags sow a 9x9 area (1 tile per 20ql additional radius) and imp with like thatching or something to give one of the lesser skills some love.

• Like 1

Seems that the OP's suggestion is for some type of planting bag that will automatically queue up the next seed/vegetable after the first one is planted. From what I gather from these responses, a satchel with seeds/vegs within it will not do this. So what is suggested in the OP is a better system.

=Ayes=

pretty much as right now you would need more then 1 bag/satchel to que up more then 1 action for sowing where as with the seed bag it would allow you to just que up a few actions in a row and it would go through them over having to press 1 then sow 2 then sow 3 then sow and so forth

I already do this with a satchel in my toolbelt.

1) Put 100 (or whatever amount of) seeds in satchel that is in toolbelt slot 1.

2) Make a keybind to select toolbelt slot 1.  --  bind Shift+A ACTIVATE_TOOL1

3) Make a keybind for plant seed.  --  bind Shift+S SOW

4) Mouse over a tile and press both keybinds and you will plant seeds.

So I have Shift+A and Shift+S I press while mousing over a tile and works well.

Seed bag done...

• Like 1