Sign in to follow this  
Tathar

Sermon and public memorial site accepting memorial statuettes

I'm working with the other residents on a sermon site at Wilburh's Hinterlands, where E11 and F12 meet on the Xanadu map, halfway between Glasshollow and Vrock Landing.  We also have plans to convert the area into a successor to Release's former Wyvern Academy, and we're working on a strategically-placed set of crafting shops for students to use while they listen to sermons in progress.  Once completed, we expect that the site will be especially useful for both priests and students needing to be converted to a religion.  

Given recent events (RIP Leonard Nimoy) we'd also like to put some nearby open space to good use.  If you'd like to honor someone who has passed away, we're accepting donations of statuettes to place around the sermon site as memorial.  Just name the statuette based on who you're memorializing, and bring it to us so we can find an appropriate spot for it on-site.  We only ask that memorial statuettes be limited to one per person to be memorialized, so that we can conserve space and have room to honor as many as possible.  For the statuettes themselves, we'll accept any type of statuette for display, including dyed statuettes.  

• Like 1

Very nice idea .. I wish it was somewhere coastal, where people could easily reach the place.

Technically it is, since it's in that bay in the northwest.

Actually, I suppose it would be called a gulf given the sheer size of that thing.  

How is this project coming along? I will definitely make a visit at some point, but I don't want to arrive too early to see some good work. I really admire the memorial site concept. It will be a real feeling to see all of the personalized tokens gathered together in a calm and lasting atmosphere.

Still pretty early in construction, actually.  I just finished the flooring on the second floor of one of the workshop buildings, but that's the only part even partially done yet.  The new walls are going to be a huge improvement over our original design though, since they'll let us bring the sermon site into focus with the timber-framed balconies.  

Edited by Tathar