Sign in to follow this  
Jenshiye

What would it be like to appear in Wurm?

One of those little make believe things, imagine you fall down a manhole into a worm hole and appear in a world much like Wurm ... what would it be like to meet your character(s)?

I think my first reaction would be to go and find a lavendar bush to hide the smell of them.

They fall in the ocean all the time, so rusty and rotting clothes.

- all that salt must be very itchy.

They get diseased.

They spend a lot of time walking around in fields with animals and their dung,

- getting ticks and fleas on them

They wear searing hot armour, so often smell of burning flesh.

They don't take baths.

- some priests cuddle smelly trolls.

- some wear un-tanned animals parts that are rotting on their heads (like those bear head hats)

They don't go to the toilet (just use their pants)

:wacko:

:P

• Like 6

there is no salt in wurms water.

That will make the meals a bit more bland and the seas rather weird.

Small prices to pay for immortality.

I play so little this past eight months, I would hate to be immortal in Wurm. :P

Edited by Jenshiye

- some wear un-tanned animals parts that are rotting on their heads (like those bear head hats)

Bear hats are very sanitary!  They have all been cured using SALT first, to make the rug, and then from the cured rog you make the hat

(scratches scalp)

Perfectly Hygiene and Safe!

• Like 3

My first reaction would be to run from the monstrous spider charging at me. As I turn and flee I see that I'm now staring into the red eyes of a dog that is on fire! Keep on running, man that dog is fast! I'm too tired I can't run anymore, I need to take a quick bre......and respawn.

• Like 4

If i was plopped into wurm, Id ask God "Why was i sent to hell? I liked my ability to jump!"

• Like 1

My first reaction would be to run from the monstrous spider charging at me. As I turn and flee I see that I'm now staring into the red eyes of a dog that is on fire! Keep on running, man that dog is fast! I'm too tired I can't run anymore, I need to take a quick bre......and respawn.

Hehehehehehe, I sort of thought it was Xanadu, so no mobs. :P

If i was plopped into wurm, Id ask God "Why was i sent to hell? I liked my ability to jump!"

Too much gravity?

Bear hats are very sanitary!  They have all been cured using SALT first, to make the rug, and then from the cured rog you make the hat

(scratches scalp)

Perfectly Hygiene and Safe!

You sell bear hats don't you? ;)

except you wouldn't respawn

• Like 1

appear in "world like wurm" walk past cave wall get stuck and die.

Get Pmed by Red and then i /suicide

• Like 7

hmm in a world like wurm?

id figure out the secret to why some wurmians can carry 300kg worth of dirt in their pockets ontop of 30kg of gear while their body weights 90kg and not break through a 2kg wooden plank that was used to build the 2nd story of an house considering going off how the planks are made and their with a floor like that(10 planks side by side) would break if they where to carry even just 15kg of equipment with them thus id love to find out what magic they use to make their wood so strong :3

• Like 2

No hot water or plumbing.

Roach and Pumpkin meals.

Skimpy clothes for the cold..

:/

• Like 1

I'd watch the hobbit-like citizens as they carry two fully grown pine trees on their back, pound glowing hot metal into the shape of a sharp-edged sword with their bare hands, but refuse to eat their dinner until it is cooled down to room temperature.

• Like 4

Roach and Pumpkin meals.

Edited by Cista

I'd make a 1 x 1 asap knowing that with my dumb luck I might not respawn after death anymore.

Then I'd nap.

I'd lay in the grass and watch the clouds.
Listen to the birds, and the lack of noice.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

I'd wonder why everyone but me looks so weird. Or maybe I'm now the weird looking one.

It would be kind of strange to dig without ever touching the ground or chop a tree down behind me without ever touching the tree.

Cotton, the miracle fabric heals wounds almost instantly.

Mud, grass and eyeballs will mend major cuts, who would have thought.

I would stop eating meat, it might be insect or worse.

My eyes would seem to have gone all screwy because I can see so far yet I don't know what is on the grass in front of me. Is it a blueberry bush or a strawberry plant?

Why does everyone run run run even if nothing is chasing them?

I'd stop eating sushi so this WURM thing wouldn't happen again.

• Like 1

I would refuse to go mining. All those creatures around a dark corner or sneaking up on me? No thanks.

I would also try teach the PVPers some new dance steps. :P

Edited by Jenshiye

Ending up in Wurm somehow? Chances are you are being punished for misdeeds in your life.

Going by my first experience in Wurm, I'd stumble around in the dark, fall down a cliff and be eaten by a wolf within the first 10 minutes.

I rage quit for 6 months before giving it another try.

• Like 2

I'd open up a class on butchering so that after the first deer corpse, you'd be at least mostly competent. Butcher one deer irl, and you'll know how to do it forever very competently. Butcher 10,000 critters in Wurm, and you still can't find your @$$ with both hands. :P

Going by my first experience in Wurm, I'd stumble around in the dark, fall down a cliff and be eaten by a wolf within the first 10 minutes.

I rage quit for 6 months before giving it another try.

And this is why we need to seriously improve the 'noobie' experience, despite all the hardcore arguments from people who like to eat iron bars and poop nails.

And this is why we need to seriously improve the 'noobie' experience, despite all the hardcore arguments from people who like to eat iron bars and poop nails.

In all honesty other than that initial experience, I think I had a better time as a noob than they do now. That first time I literally spawned in First Light on GV, you were given nothing. The second time round (when I stuck with it) was spawning in New Dawn, GV with a rudimentary tutorial. 

What really taught me how to play however was the time spent on GV itself. The small island meant you could learn to navigate without getting truly lost. The limited types of mobs (no trolls/spiders etc) meant you could actually fight and have a chance of living to tell the tale. Everyone being limited to 20 meant you didn't get overwhelmed by massively more skilled people around you. There was a strong trade in goods. It was just great. Once you got the hang of things you could take your tools and few bits by portal to Indy or Wild and be a proper grown up player.

Any tutorial they make could be awesome, but nothing teaches wurm better than playing it. Golden Valley did that perfectly in a safe environment.

I don't think anyone ever gets dirty in Wurm. I have been wearing the same clothes there for over a year and they look just as good now as when I made them.

• Like 1