Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Cloaks - to raise dev money

I say, lets have no drop, .01kg weight, non containerable cloaks (so they can't be given like tents or mirrors) and make them for sale on Wurm Store.  Different designs and qualities, with increasing price for the better cloaks.  Make it a "Kickstarter" type of deal, to raise money for development of v2.0, with new engine, textures, colors, etc.

Cloaks can be equipped and unequipped, but always perma bound to the character.

Cloaks could even have special effects that aren't game altering, like built in light source that can be turned on or off.

(add more possible ideas that won't overpower the player or give PvP advantage)

When you see someone with a cloak, you pause and thank them for their generous donation to the game's future.  Prices should not be cheap. Let's hire some devs and get 2.0 up and running :)

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea. Although I've already dumped quite a bit of cash into this game.

+1 for purchasable aesthetics in the shop! Like with the green gnome thing, but in the official shop instead. :)

• Like 6

If 2k cloaks sold for 25e each, there is 6months of pay for a new dev

+1 nice idea! But i would like it to be like the green gnome deal of certain amount and limited purchasing period (both or one of those terms)!

Not sure why he is so hesitant on this seem like he is missing out on an income possibility. As long as it is not game changing i don't see issues with it even if it was tradable. ( i understand that the trade restriction is to spur more sales through the shop but even the ones bought to resell is still being bought) 

totally agree + more. aslong as just for looks it can only be a good thing for Rolf

I'd love logos for the different servers (get on it, art team!) so I could wear my cloak with Deliverance heraldry proudly.

• Like 1

I'd love logos for the different servers (get on it, art team!) so I could wear my cloak with Deliverance heraldry proudly.

That would be awesome for freedom a large portion of us are very proud of our home island.

Some items offered for sale exclusively through the Wurm Shop would be worthwhile as a direct source of game income which can't be acquired by other alternative cost reducing means. As for cloaks, personally I wouldn't be interested in purchasing those. Maybe some nice sort of display statue along the lines of Hota ones that would always stay lit as a meal heater, holding say only 5 meals maximum and preventing their decay.

=Ayes=

I don't know about cloaks or  batman capes....but some unique wurm type item would be neat.

Edited by Uberknot

And another point. These types of items should not be too expensive since this would deter their purchase. Think along the lines of those green hat Gnomes, as I believe they were around the $5.00 price point. Also making limited edition items would make them more desirable and encourage purchase before they became unavailable, again like the green hat Gnomes.

=Ayes=

+1.  And if you are going to design cloaks, remember the women also want Medieval dresses and some more hairstyle options, and for the fellows: Beards, mustaches and more hairstyle options!  -_-

And rings without the stone set in it, so we can put our own gem in it.  

How about necklaces with spots to set coins or troll teeth or bear teeth in? I still carry a troll tooth around from the first ever troll I killed - it is stinking and rotten but hey, it was cool experience.

And don't forget our horses! Some ribbons or pimping headgear, perhaps? 

miniature-horse-plume.jpg

Edited by Fairyshine

Or the option to load up some designs for our alliances, so everyone can wear a cloak with that design on it?

I'd buy a cloak to help support this charity and fed those poor starving devs. :-(

+1

+1 to wurm shop cloaks and heraldry

Cloaks could even have special effects that aren't game altering, like built in light source that can be turned on or off.

-1 to any effect or buff from said items (including light)

Edited by lawurm

Or the option to load up some designs for our alliances, so everyone can wear a cloak with that design on it?

Gotta be careful here, you know *someone* will make their alliance emblem obscene

Gotta be careful here, you know *someone* will make their alliance emblem obscene

Obviously it'd have to be approved by the Dev team just like Kingdom Banners

I've said for a while now that microtransactions need to be utlilised in this game. As long as it's not Pay to Win, then there's no harm in it at all. People love shiny stuff and cosmetics. Get on it team. Heck, this is like free lunch money. What in the marf are you seriously waiting for?