Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Pristine Treasure Hunt Solutions

Again you are making assumptions, I did ofc run up the hill first, second death was while picking up first body, then I took the boat I arrived there with.

I was not alone there.

I'm done playing banter with you. Yer derailing the thread, and you've had your say. I'm not making assumptions, I'm quoting exactly what you wrote. If you didn't mean

"I could have survived 4th easily had I done it a little bit different from the beginning, ss I had a tool for that, and actually given time to read the last words of the clue properly.

Then I would not have died there."

Then I don't quite know what to say. No time to read the clue, to me... meant that you didn't have time to read the clue. Hence, the screenshot comment. But again, enough back and forth banter.

You don't like the thread. OK, fine. Have a nice hunt.

I read the clue on 3rd location then went all the way to 4th place and up the road, what did you do?
There was many  mobs inbetween, one of the others died also, easy to forget every word of a four line riddle.
After I died I read the clue again.

Edited by Cecci

Oh come on, guys! Be fair and tolerant!

I must admit I don't like a "spoiler thread" either, at least not as long as the hunt is still active. (It may be interesting to publish the clues and solutions afterwards, for people to read and learn how the author thinks.) However, if Belrindor chooses to post spoilers (and I appreciate that he uses spoiler tags), it's his personal decision - whether we like it or not. So just accept it and don't read the post if you don't want to.

On the other hand I would love to see Belrindor react in a more tolerant, mature and polite way to any form of criticism. (Your replies tend to sound inconsiderate and harsh, mate! No offence meant.)

Let's not spoil this nice event by unnecessary quarrelling! I still enjoy the treasure hunt - it is harder than the one on Deli was, and maybe more dangerous, but the riddles are awesome. (I'm still trying to solve the last puzzle. Found the final clue, but have no idea where to go now :)

• Like 1

Oh come on, guys! Be fair and tolerant!

I must admit I don't like a "spoiler thread" either, at least not as long as the hunt is still active. (It may be interesting to publish the clues and solutions afterwards, for people to read and learn how the author thinks.) However, if Belrindor chooses to post spoilers (and I appreciate that he uses spoiler tags), it's his personal decision - whether we like it or not. So just accept it and don't read the post if you don't want to.

On the other hand I would love to see Belrindor react in a more tolerant, mature and polite way to any form of criticism. (Your replies tend to sound inconsiderate and harsh, mate! No offence meant.)

Let's not spoil this nice event by unnecessary quarrelling! I still enjoy the treasure hunt - it is harder than the one on Deli was, and maybe more dangerous, but the riddles are awesome. (I'm still trying to solve the last puzzle. Found the final clue, but have no idea where to go now :)

Inconsiderate and harsh?

Let's look at this from another perspective. Walking into someone's thread and trying to shut it down because they don't like the content there. That's not 'inconsiderate and harsh'?

I get very sick of people trying to destroy conversation they don't like. They feel that if they don't agree with it, then the conversation should not exist. And yes, I take serious umbrage with that.

It pushes my buttons.

My responses weren't 'inconsiderate and harsh', they were 'if you don't like the topic, keep your nose out of it'.

Trying to run/ruin other's discussion is what is inconsiderate.

@Cecci:

OK, last response on this topic.

You've stated that having a group is OK and not a bad thing, yes?

So, tell me. How is this thread any different from a group? It's simply a potentially larger group. What group size is acceptable to you? Three? Five? Ten? Twelve? Twenty?

So say 3 people work and solve the puzzles. In any group, you are going to have one or two people that are REALLY darn good at something. Which means everyone else in the group is just along for the ride.

So should the people who grouped up with others who were really good at puzzles feel that they 'forever didn't solve' the puzzle just because they worked with someone who was good?

Of course not, that's nonsense.

If a group of 3 or 5 or 10 is good, then a larger group is just as good.

Thus, with my usual Carlinian inspired flawless logic, your non-point has been put to bed. :P

To wit, and I cannot say this enough: You have a right to your own opinion. You do not have a right to try to get other people's opinions muted or shut down, or have their threads derailed just because YOU don't agree with them.

IF'N YA DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T CLICK IT.

Is that really such a hard concept to grasp?

To those who don't like this thread, let me just ask everyone a few simple questions...

• Have any of you ever used a strategy guid for a game? Ever? For WoW, or LOTRO, or any of the other big MMOs?
  • Have you ever used Wurmpedia? Yes? Well, for shame! Why why didn't you figure it out for yourself! Why are you riding on the coattails of those who came before you? ;)
  • Did you ever ask a question in CA HELP channel as a noob? Or even as an experienced player looking for clarification? Yes? Well why didn't you just figure it out yourself? This WHOLE GAME, is one big riddle.

Do you see how silly this 'do everything yourself' line of thinking is? I was originally a bit miffed that people grouped up at the outset, because I was under the (false) impression that by the rules it was a solo thing.

Had this been clarified at the outset, there would have been no miffery on my part.

But nothing like working solo when half of the rest of everyone else is grouped up. :P

You'll never, ever, beat a group, or even remotely compete with them. Simply can't be done. Multiple minds will always be faster than one, and will always see things in a different light. Thus, they have a distinct advantage.

Honestly, if you want to solve something yourself that you can feel proud about doing 100% with out any other's input... do a crossword puzzle. :P
Online games aren't the place for that.

If that doesn't clarify it, I don't know what will. Off to Treasure Hunt. I hope that everyone enjoys it in whatever way THEY best see fit.

All the best!

~Bel

(Edited for formatting.)

Edited by Belrindor

What Yaga said is how I feel.

Also, I have not tried to get the topic shut or anything like that, again you are makeing assumptions.
I am just stating I like to keep the hunt a bit more secret for the sake of the fun, it lasts such a short time, but ok if you see a need for a complete guide for a weekend event then by all means.

What Yaga said is how I feel.

Also, I have not tried to get the topic shut or anything like that, again you are makeing assumptions.

I am just stating I like to keep the hunt a bit more secret for the sake of the fun, it lasts such a short time, but ok if you see a need for a complete guide for a weekend event then by all means.

Edited by Belrindor

I just had an idea. Back in the late 80s we had a little software tool called UHS (Universal Hint System) - maybe the older players remember this. We used to play "adventure games" at that time, where you had to solve all kinds of puzzles and riddles in order to proceed. As it was a singleplayer world and internet was just in its childhood, there were times where you got completely stuck for a long time. (And "a long time" could mean "for days or even weeks" - yes, we were forced to be more patient back then ;) )

In cases like that you didn't want to have someone tell you the solution - all you needed was a little additional hint. (After all, it's always more fun to finally solve a puzzle by yourself, instead of just reading what you have to do.) So, what this little tool did was: it unveiled a series of small hints, each hint more detailed and more explicit than the previous one. So, when you had the impression after the first or second hint that you now had an idea how to solve it, you would close the program and continue with your game. Wouldn't a system like that be a better and more helpful solution, as it will not spoil anything?

That's how I usually do it when asked (via PM) about a certain part of the treasure hunt. Instead of simply telling people where they have to go and what they have to do I try to help them by giving more and more hints, until they finally find the solution by themselves. (Unless they really *want* me to tell the whole story :) ) Good idea?

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

I have the feeling a spoiler thread will not foster community cooperation, but instead will be used for selfish people to just grab answers and try to "solve" the puzzles without the need to work together in-game (or work it out by themselves).

If you were to advertise an IRC channel or set up a temporary alliance that people could join in-game it would at least be team-building. But I'm not here to tell you what to do, I didn't even participate. :)

And I'm not sure, but there are other parts of the game (such as meditation answers) that are specifically ruled against spoilering, I have a feeling this might apply to treasure hunts in upcoming events.

Edited by Marshlander

I'm imping the guard towers now that are close to the clue locations to ensure max # of guards. Please, if you pass by and are able to imp the towers on your way, do a nice deed for the community. It'll help folks survive a bit more. Some of these locations are beyond hostile. Deathtrap is more like it. So... imp as ye go, if ye can please! :)

[12:19:32] The guard tower has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel.

[12:19:32] You start chipping the guard tower.

[12:19:48] You improve the guard tower a bit.

:)

Edited by Belrindor

I have the feeling a spoiler thread will not foster community cooperation, but instead will be used for selfish people to just grab answers and try to "solve" the puzzles without the need to work together in-game (or work it out by themselves).

If you were to advertise an IRC channel or set up a temporary alliance that people could join in-game it would at least be team-building. But I'm not here to tell you what to do, I didn't even participate. :)

And I'm not sure, but there are other parts of the game (such as meditation answers) that are specifically ruled against spoilering, I have a feeling this might apply to treasure hunts in upcoming events.

You will never win any treasure hunt without using spoilers though.

I think the journey itself can be just as fun as figuring out the clues. And hey... anyone who survives this deadly mob nightmare of a treasure hunt, deserves whatever they get at the end of it.

I'm serious. If anyone can go from clue #1 to clue #14 and survive through all that. That's one hell of an accomplishment. Even if you were hand-fed the clues. The clues won't keep you alive, or from falling off a mountain or drowning.

... If anyone can go from clue #1 to clue #14 and survive through all that. That's one hell of an accomplishment.

Actually, it's not quite that dangerous. I'm on the last clue now and didn't even come close to dying. All you need is a good horse, so you are able to outrun all the critters trying to kill you. :)

So, it definitely is possible to survive this treasure hunt. (Unless finding the treasure *after* having the last clue poses an new kind of threat ;) )

I just spent over two hours solid slaying critters on the last clue I just finished. (#7).

However, I suppose if your horse is fast enough... (I had a cart...) that discretion could also be the better part of valour...

Das Huhn auf einem pferd? :P