Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Pristine Treasure Hunt Solutions

Since the Pristine Treasure Hunt has been officially won, and since it seems that the group who won it had a village working together, not to mention that it also seems that there were other groups also working together to win the prize, though Xallo's group ultimately came out on top, I figured that now would be a good time for the rest of us poor schmucks who don't have a village to rely on, to post what we have and 'group' up with the remaining people who are trying to complete the Treasure Hunt.
And hey, working as a community is a good thing, right?

If a village is good, then a whole community is even BETTER!

NOTE: The clues and solutions should be posted behind spoiler tags, that way if someone does not want to read the clue or solution, they won't have to. Totally, 100% voluntary participation. Don't wanna participate, don't click the spoiler tags. Simple as that. :)

This is also for people STILL WORKING on the Treasure Hunt.

If you are one of those folks who already solved it with the help of your group. Good for you. Now let the rest of us enjoy the hunt please.

First Clue:

n70j0x.png

First Clue Comments and Solution:

Find your happy place and travel there

then nearby find the fountain square

tho you cannot drink do not despair

go ten steps south and start a fire rare

The first location is just east of Bliss. Y16 - X4/X5 on the Pristine Community Map. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/f3tk0jxm6yebknx/CommunitymapPristine.png

There will be a dry fountain. Walk 10 squares due south, and look to the east. A few more steps, you will see a rare torch. Light the torch to get the second clue.

Second Clue:

6413qe.png

Second Clue Comments and Solution:

At the end of the wasteland,
Find a square of life surrounded by sand.
By a baileys entrance you should now stand,
and read from the plaque that is near to hand.

The second location is roughly Y13 - X11 in the MIDDLE of the Pristine Wasteland, not the end. This threw many folks for a loop, I'm sure. I got lucky on this one and just went straight for the green spot in the middle. (Though I overshot it in the dark surrounded by a zillion hostile mobs,  and ended up near Viper's Vantage and had to backtrack.)

You will see two pallisade gates, the westernmost one is the one you want. It's near FOUR whole squares of grass. The 'plaque' is BS there is none. I thought it would be a sign. You have to walk THROUGH the gates, then it pops up.

Third Clue:

2d6tjde.png

Third Clue Comments and Solution:

In a pit right down to waters line,
Under eastern hill with a light green shine.
Enter the realm magranon finds divine.
Saturns metal should thee then make thine.

The first line is supposed to lead you to the location
The second line could be anything without the first line location figured out.
Seems like this should be in a mine.
Also, Saturn's metal is lead. So, apparently, you have to mine lead in a mine that's in Magranon's domain.
I found plenty of hills with light green shine on them, including covered by olive trees (olive is light green), where the cave went right to water. One had a mag altar right inside. But these mines had only silver and a crap ton of scorpions inside.

Update: Solution.

The third location is in the 'pit' to the just west of Foxden. Y33 - X10 on the Pristine Community Map.

Coming from Blossom you will need to follow the road North, past Blossom market, and follow the coastal road West. Then follow the coastal roads Southwest past Roseguard. Keep folowing the coastal road Northwest, past Coastis. Not on the map, but you'll see it in your event screen. Then the nighway will turn North, up a hill. Follow that highway, taking the first sharp right turn and follow all the way to Foxden.

Going westward from Foxden along the road, you will see a road south into 'The Pit'. Go all the way down to the bottom of the pit.  To the west is a single tile mine with a lead vein inside. You will need to mine this. Though I do think it was said that it was fixed to be 'examined', so that Priests don't lose anything. That's between you and your diety. I mined it. ;)

Fourth Clue:

30urexi.png

Fourth Clue Comments and Solution:

Near an island on which mortuary figures prominently.
Start where the black that burns doth reach the sea.
From thence you should travel the coast most southernly.
To find what you seek look in the roots of a Quercus tree.

The fourth location is X39 - X27. I couldn't belive this one myself. I was on a totally different track searching for 'the black that burns', which to me meant TAR, and there is one in the water close to the island in question.

The black that burns is peat. An item I didn't even know exists in Wurm, and never saw a single square of it until today, despite being all across Pristine and even explored a bit of Xanadu.

First, start at the Northernmost part of the peninsula at Y34 - X23. The road terminates at open ocean, you can start there.
This one's a bit tricky. And in my opinion, kinda BS, considering it was stated that no boats would be required. This is pushing it, as it requires you to swim over open sea, with your horse in tow. Be sure to take your armor off, lest you go down to Davy Jones' locker.
Cross the open ocean to the island directly North of your location. Best to do this in daytime and no fog if possible.
You will end up at the ruins of a defunct and rotting deed. Also, on my way out I repaired and lit the lantern, so you should see that shining there. It'll likely be the only one lit.
This place is mob city. There are hundreds of things that want to eat you in very close proximity to each other. Your best bet is to haul keester and don't stop. And a 5 speed doesn't hurt either, if you have one.

Follow the double highway North. You'll notice on the map that it branches East towards Graves End. North of Graves End, the red line on the map is a landbridge. You'll want to take this across to the smaller island to the Northeast.

You should now notice the peat everywhere on the cliff. This is the 'black that burns'.

Follow the twisty, winding road up to the guard tower, then follow the hillock East. It'll hit road again. Follow the road all the way to the East, up, until it hits another defunct deed with another guard tower, then all the way back down. (You'll want to use this tower with the mobs if you like breathing.)

All the way to the East at the very edge, overlooking the sea, is a lone 'Quercus'. (Which is Oak in Latin. My foraging and botany knowledge came in handy on this one.) ;)
Now, if you played your cards right, you murdered all the hostile mobs on the way in, and should not have a problem getting out.... until you have to go through the hundreds of spawns back down to your entry point on the island and swim back across the channel.

That's when I decided to call it a night. I'll tackle the next one tomorrow.

Fifth Clue:

jjwrhe.png

Fifth Clue Comments and Solution: (Haven't started this one yet.)

Where the dominant lake to another connects,
on the odd stone near where you pay your respects.
Sample the water and ensure no defects,
to see what part of your search it affects.

General Critique:

The problem with riddles like these, is that the creator thinks they're clear as day. ;)

Yea, they're SUPPOSED to be riddles. But I'd go more Tolkien-esque myself rather than vague and things that could many multiple places that could be the location.

The goal is to eventually get the folks to the end. Not have them circle the monster infested globe fifty times because you thought the 'end' meant one thing and everyone else thought that the end and the middle certainly weren't the same thing.

It might not hurt to have someone trusted, a fellow GM for example, run through these and see just how clear the clues are.
I found no less than ten locations that could have fit the third riddle perfectly, yet are not it.
My advice for the next hunts? Don't make the clue locations so goram far apart. Having to travel from Blossom to the first location was insane. Like an hour + one way trip, and that's assuming you semi-know where you are going and don't get clubbed to death by trolls first. For a last location, fine. The last one should be tough to get to  and fraught with peril. But the first location? Come on now. Way too far, and way too dangerous to get there.

And if you want more people to play these, they have to be more accessible. To all players.

2nd clue location? Fricking Death Valley Deluxe, man. Bring cotton, and lots of it. And pray your FS is enough to handle multiple high level mobs including hell scorpinus and bunches of trolls. If mine hadn't been 70+, I'd never made it out of there alive. Not exactly accessible for a newer guy/gal who wants to run the treasure hunt, now is it? I can't even imagine having died out there and having to walk back to my corpse.

The 4th and 5th locations are pure nightmare. I had to easily kill 50+ mobs at location 4 and about 30 or so at location 5. Just to get the clues. The areas they are in are total deathtraps. If you go, bring a fast horse. And friends.

Lastly, speed should be less of an issue. The contest should not be partly based on he or she who has the fastest hellhorse wins. These are ridable only by a very small number of people, and the amount of time one has been playing should not affect one's chances at the contest. it's an effective form of 'pay to win' and it's crappy.
Now by all means, those who can ride hellhorses, use them. I just mean that it shouldn't be a land speed race that's predetermined by the fact that the rest of the competitors have one leg tied behind their back before the race even starts. That's not a fair race.

Actually a FAIR race, would be to have the GMs spawn horses for everyone, and use those horses. Then they'd all be equal. Everyone leaves their mount/cart at the starting location, and the GM spawns new horsies and everyone climbs aboard. Have the horses auto-despawn in like... oh... a week or some such. That way folks can't have a perma-free horse.
An option would be to make the clue locations CLOSER together, foot traffic only, and make anyone found on a horse disqualified.
Honestly, I think that doing these on existing maps presents a very difficult situation where you need to make the locations far enough apart to be interesting, but yet close enough so that people can get there in a reasonable time frame without being mauled to death by the local fauna.

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 2

treasure hunt ment to be hard there fella.  Just because you cant use a hell horse doesnt mean u still cant win. atm sounds like you are having some seriously bad sportsmanship cuz you didnt win the hunt.  Get a group next time, dont use a cart/wagon,  plan ahead.   A hunt isnt ment to be done in an hour its suppose to take hours. hence  the word HUNT. You should find people you can hunt with and you should  work together to figure out each clue so u can try to progress further. The riddles arent ment to be easy and wont be.  i say Kudos to gms for there fine work so far. As id love to remind you, THEY ARENT GETTING PAID TO BE GM"S OR TO DO THIS. they are doing this to be nice and give something new to pve players to do . Be greatful,  learn from your mistakes and plan ahead. then maybe youll win.  Till then -1 on everything besides posting clues after its been won. that part i think is fair so everyone can atleast  complete it.

treasure hunt ment to be hard there fella.  Just because you cant use a hell horse doesnt mean u still cant win. atm sounds like you are having some seriously bad sportsmanship cuz you didnt win the hunt.  Get a group next time, dont use a cart/wagon,  plan ahead.   A hunt isnt ment to be done in an hour its suppose to take hours. hence  the word HUNT. You should find people you can hunt with and you should  work together to figure out each clue so u can try to progress further. The riddles arent ment to be easy and wont be.  i say Kudos to gms for there fine work so far. As id love to remind you, THEY ARENT GETTING PAID TO BE GM"S OR TO DO THIS. they are doing this to be nice and give something new to pve players to do . Be greatful,  learn from your mistakes and plan ahead. then maybe youll win.  Till then -1 on everything besides posting clues after its been won. that part i think is fair so everyone can atleast  complete it.

I'm trying to help improve things and make it more accessible. This is what feedback is all about. It's not about being butthurt.

Why does everyone always assume that if someone gives less than 100% glowing input on something that they're complaining?

Personally, I'm kind of tired of that attitude. Feedback is what helps make things better, for everyone. What people liked and didn't like, and how accessible they felt it was.

Whether I posted this or not, or stuff in the other thread, did you read the comments by the OTHER posters? This was going to be their last treasure hunt, and would have been regardless of whether I posted or not. Some didn't even bother coming over from other servers because it was won so quickly.

Is that what we want? People to NOT participate? Sounds kind of counter-productive.

I'm trying to make future events more fun for the entire player base. Not just a single group of power players.

As for bad sportsmanship because I didn't win the hunt? Please. I never expected to win. I have real world responsibilities that totally prevent that, and I knew that going in, so I had no expectations.

I did expect to be able to complete it in a reasonable manner, and I also expected a level playing field.

And keep your -1. It's behind spoiler tags in case you haven't noticed. Those who wish to take part in this Treasure hunt as a 'group' can click it. Those who wish to do it solo, won't click it. It's as simple as that. No one is forcing a solution into your eyeballs.

This way, those folks like me who don't get much 'out of deed' time, or who don't have much time to play, can still enjoy the hunt and work TOGETHER with a group to solve it.

Edited by Belrindor

You're free to PM me if you want solutions or better hints you know >.>

• Like 1

This thread was made so that people still working on the Treasure Hunt could provide their ideas on the clues and post where they think they are at. For people that don't have a group to work with.

It wasn't intended to be a thread where people who've already completed the puzzle simple post all the answers.

I posted the first two because that's as far as I've gotten, and this way if someone gets stumped on the first two, they don't give up. The first one's location is just insanely far away, and the second location is incredibly deadly. If folks can get the first two, they'll likely continue to noodle through the rest of the clues and work together to complete the riddles, and have some fun doing so, perhaps. :)

What I would say, that if someone who's completed the puzzle already wants to give a GENERAL geographic area for one of the clues under a spoiler tag, that would not be unappreciated by people, I'm sure. Some of the clues, are totally vague at best.

Edited by Belrindor

Well, for the third clue you might consider looking on the map itself for a light green shine.

• Like 1

What Belrindor (OP) says makes a lot of sense to me.  +1

I didn't bother participating due to bad timing and busy on other stuff so I have nothing invested in the hunt.  What I would add is that it is clear there needs to be probably 3 hunts going on at the same time of various difficulty levels.  Then you can only choose one hunt at a time.  Don't know if that is doable or not.

Like I said before let anyone within a certain time frame ( 24-48 hours? )  to complete the quest and get into a drawing for prizes.

This would allow the most people to actually participate and have a chance to win.

• Like 1

I agree with Uberknot. Have the quest open for 48 hrs and let everyone have a go at it. anyone who completes it gets a reward. its a bit sucky for people on opposite timezone, people coming from other servers with no bred horses or for newer players who dont know the game very well yet.

because of the nature of freedom everybody should be rewarded, if it was pvp server i would think differently.

lastly it would be worth the GMs time a lot more if 100+ players complete and enjoy the quest rather then just a couple of people.

I agree with Uberknot. Have the quest open for 48 hrs and let everyone have a go at it. anyone who completes it gets a reward. its a bit sucky for people on opposite timezone, people coming from other servers with no bred horses or for newer players who dont know the game very well yet.

because of the nature of freedom everybody should be rewarded, if it was pvp server i would think differently.

lastly it would be worth the GMs time a lot more if 100+ players complete and enjoy the quest rather then just a couple of people.

That would turn it into a boring 48-hour quest, not a treasure hunt.

That would turn it into a boring 48-hour quest, not a treasure hunt.

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

Edited by Alyeska

Everybody does get a reward at the end... It should just be a bit more of a special reward, right now it's a regular item that could be crafted in 3 minutes :)

Couple suggestions were posted in the official thread spellcast made, mostly aesthetic but special stuff - hopefully they'll be able to come up with something!

full set of rare tools for one person and 15 s for one person.....I would spread that out amongst a drawing of people who completed it.  You could give the first one to complete it one special item no one else could get.  As it is 7 hours? to do one quest?  comon you and I both know there are only very few players who have the free time to make this type of thing and be there for the 7 hours.  But I mean if you really dont want more people involved I can understand that too more stuff for your guys and less stuff for the other players of Wurm. ;) I won't do one for a hat and spend 7 hours....heck I won't do 7 hours period.  So good luck getting more than your crew to do it at the right time and the right server and has the free time to make it this the competition you think it should be.

Edited by Uberknot

Wouldn't it be worth a few hour of clue solving (or simply pming someone who already finished it and ask where to go) to receive a unique and aesthetic item , like a special wearable medallion, a decorative item of sorts, or some special material piece of equipment? A drake adventurer hat with a special texture or something alike? As for the time-span, it is very long. I think that was an attempt at making it accesable for more players, the longer it takes the lesser the odds of someone finishing it in one go. The hunt before that only took 3 hours.

You should also note that each clue has a prize of it's own. The first to solve a clue wins a prize, it's not just the final prize - there was more than one person who won clue-prizes this round (and last round, too). Those aren't mentioned but there's a reason for joining even if you cannot stay for the entirety of the hunt - they include items and also coins.

I would've personally liked a unique but not too useful item better than a set of rare tools - as great as it is, I love it - since it isn't something limited to "treasure hunt". First thing I got was a couple PMs with congratulations and "that is worth like 60s!" instead of " neat, that's a cool item to have!" You know, Challenge gets their challenge masks and helms and statues, Hota gets their statues and metals, Treasure hunt gets non-unique items and coins - perhaps though it's still in the development phase.

Someone also had this brilliant idea of a unique tabbard/banner/wagon design you could hand out to people who complete it. A bounty hunters design!

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

Many thanks to the awesome individual who assisted me with the 3rd and 4th locations. (You know who you are!) :)

If it weren't for them, I'd still be looking for that damn 'pit' on the wrong side of the map. :P

But if nothing else, the 3rd and 4th locations provided a tremendous insight into how the quest creators think, which should serve well in solving the remaining clues.

But all that fun is for another day.

Well, for the third clue you might consider looking on the map itself for a light green shine.

This is a typical topic I don't like :(  I prefer to compleate on my own.

This is a typical topic I don't like :(  I prefer to compleate on my own.

then one does not  continue to read said topic once one figures out they do not like what they read? >.>

• Like 1

That's what the spoiler tags are for. And if you don't like typical topics like this, why would you ever click it? It's not like it says "Ham sammich and a bagel" as the topic then has surprise in your face spoilers everywhere. :P I mean, to be fair, it does say 'Pristine Treasure Hunt Solutions' in the title, does it not? No surprises here.

P.S. Cecci, if you can complete this treasure hunt, 100% ON YOUR OWN, without dying horribly at least once, and I'll take your word that you didn't just click the spoiler link for the first 4 solutions, I'll fork over 1s of my personal funds to you as a reward for your awesome accomplishment. Because if you can solve this 100% on your own, and live through it on your own, when people in groups got half mangled by the endless waves of mobs, that's an accomplishment worthy of reward. Yea, I know it's not much, but I bought a lot of tools recently and am pretty tapped out.

So... keep us updated with progress shots in a separate thread, Just a real screenshot with your toon name on the left and the clue in the window will do nicely, so as not to give away actual locations. Oh, and record the amount rough of time it took you to travel from clue to clue. That'll keep it on the up and up :) Good luck!

Edited by Belrindor

You are assuming I did not reach the 4th clue before you started this topic.
I'm not gonna do them again just to get you proof.

I reached the 4th clue on the toon Lassemaja, who is a newbie, after about 11 hrs, then I had also ended up in dead ends a few times on 3rd.
On 4th i died twice.
But 3rd and 4th I had bumped in to some people so was not alone.
Ofc else I would not have survived 3rd place.
I could have survived 4th easily had I done it a little bit different from the beginning, ss I had a tool for that, and actually given time to read the last words of the clue properly.
Then I would not have died there.

Being new to Pristine I do need more time for each clue, and I did ask Lisabet for confirmation after I figured it out.
I still haven't had time to go to the 5th place, but I already figured out where it is.

Edit: I feel anyone can come and say that please don't post this kind of topics till after hunt is over.
On Deli we had no topic like this, it let people figure things out themselves, you turn hunt into a marked trail.
Even thou I didn't click the spoilers some will do and they will forever not have solved the riddles.

Edited by Cecci

You are certainly welcome to your opinion.

Tell me, what about the people who worked as a group? One of them solved the riddle, and the others benefited. So in essence, they also "will forever not have solved the riddles." for that particular one or ones that they did not solve themselves.

I don't agree with that line of thinking, but again, you are welcome to your own opinion.

I think people are mature enough to use the honor system here if they want to solve the puzzle 'on their own'. Just don't click it.

Honestly I don't really care if *you* feel that someone 'will forever not have solved the riddles.'

My take on the matter is that at least some people who NEVER would have tried will actually START the riddles now instead of being discouraged at having to go it alone, let alone survive the horrors.

But wait... did you just say... "But 3rd and 4th I had bumped in to some people so was not alone." Does that mean you told them the solution?

So... you contradict your own point entirely. You are railing about having a solution thread, yet you gave people the solution for the 3rd and 4th one so that you'd have help, even though by giving those solutions to them they also will have 'forever not have solved the riddles. No... no hypocrisy or double standard there. Nope, sure isn't. ;)

Hmm. Ok... fair travels and enjoy the rest of the hunt! :) Enjoy it as YOU see fit. Others will do the same.

BTW... I haven't died once yet. And I've been in every single one of these locations ALONE.

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 1

I never said I don't think  group is ok.
The hunts will probably always be dangerous.
And you and I are not the only ones that can have thoughts on this matter.

Edited by Cecci

I could have survived 4th easily had I done it a little bit different from the beginning, ss I had a tool for that, and actually given time to read the last words of the clue properly.

Then I would not have died there.

Let me introduce you to a nice concept I call 'Screenshot and run like hell' :)

If yer dying sitting there reading the clue, you might want to think about that.

Again you are making assumptions, I did ofc run up the hill first, second death was while picking up first body, then I took the boat I arrived there with.
I was not alone there.

I never said I don't think  group is ok.

The hunts will probably always be dangerous.

And you and I are not the only ones that can have thoughts on this matter.

You are absolutely correct. Everyone is welcome to their own thought and their own opinion.

However they are NOT welcome to CONTROL someone else's conversation because they don't like the topic being discussed. That's essentially what you are trying to do, trying to shut down this discussion entirely because you don't agree with it, and I find it crappy.

You don't like it, don't click it. Really that simple.