Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Allow shooting out of narrow windows

It's realistic, had even smaller holes in castles that archers shot out of, as well as on top of the wall.

• Like 6

Why?  If you want to shoot from a window you have several types to choose from already.  If you made a window narrow by accident you can always change it with game mechanics already in play.  If this game actually needs all the changes you suggest daily for you to enjoy it you might want to try another game...

Edited by madnezz

+1, figured when they were added that the intention was to allow for safer archery, atm they provide little purpose.

i think he means allow shooting out but not in.. all other windows u can shoot out and in

+1 makes sense, it is doable from other windows so why not the narrow one.

Historically, arrow slits were narrow vertical windows from which castle defenders launched arrows from a sheltered position, and were also referred to as "loopholes"   :D 

Why?  If you want to shoot from a window you have several types to choose from already.  If you made a window narrow by accident you can always change it with game mechanics already in play.  If this game actually needs all the changes you suggest daily for you to enjoy it you might want to try another game...

By "several types", You mean:

"Stone window with trim" and "Stone window without trim", neither of which look as good as narrow ones IMO.

I don't see why you would -1 this, i like the aesthetics of Plain stone narrow windows, and they are similar to arrow slits as posted above. It would be an easy change and wouldn't change the way the game is played in the slightest.

i think he means allow shooting out but not in.. all other windows u can shoot out and in

And no, i mean literally just let it function like a normal window.

Edited by Propheteer

Madnis I think youre confusing difficulty for time consuming actions

+1 makes sense, it is doable from other windows so why not the narrow one.

Historically, arrow slits were narrow vertical windows from which castle defenders launched arrows from a sheltered position, and were also referred to as "loopholes"   :D 

nothing more needs to be said lol

If this game actually needs all the changes you suggest daily for you to enjoy it you might want to try another game.

Just becouse you enjoy something it doesnt mean you cant enjoy it MORE.

• Like 2

damn man window and plain window all that variety, someone stop rolf before he adds more

also explain why one window shouldn't act as if it's an actual window, seems more like you're disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing :^)

Edited by Huntar

In regards to changes to the game to enjoy it. I bet everyone would love to see the crafting window taken away and a reintroduction of metal scraps. Also boats should be removed and chaos having no pvp. The game was better off with/without these things right?

Edited by Melros

Im perfectly fine with outside archers being able to shoot into such openings as long as its a reduced possibility in comparison to shooting out.

Such was the case in RL as well, and has been demonstrated many times by various tests and documentaries. Even a near miss or shots rattling around the openings can serve as a distraction to those inside

Anyways, the narrower windows should allow for archery, in fact I had always assumed they did similar to other windows/low walls. Unfortunately not had an opportunity to test them.

Edited by Klaa

Or you want this changed because you didn't know the narrow window didn't work they way you expected it to and you want the devs to change the way the game works so you don't have to rebuild a house wall or two.  Which sounds like most of your suggestions.

Edited by madnezz

Or you want this changed because you didn't know the narrow window didn't work they way you expected it to and you want the devs to change the way the game works so you don't have to rebuild a house or two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowslit

one would assume narrow windows work as such so uhhhh

you still haven't explained why narrow windows shouldn't work like any other windows 

Edited by Huntar

Or you want this changed because you didn't know the narrow window didn't work they way you expected it to and you want the devs to change the way the game works so you don't have to rebuild a house wall or two.  Which sounds like most of your suggestions.

Did you just "keep it broken cause it helps us" ?

This should not be in suggestions but in server-side bug report. It's obvious that the devs forgot to add the LoS check on the new wall types.

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 3

It has been this way since they were added to the game and no one said a word till it became more convenient for the Devs to change the game instead of rebuilding.

It has been this way since they were added to the game and no one said a word till it became more convenient for the Devs to change the game instead of rebuilding.

Rebuilding isn't an issue, it's already done. Stop trolling my thread please.

I guess it was more convenient to add multi story rather than rebuilding and resizing deeds too.

Edited by Propheteer

The horrible lag and disconnects have been "this way since htey added the game". Should we also keep the lag and the disconnects champ ?

I had no idea the narrow window did not allow archery. But doesn't this make it unique? What other wall type lets you look outside but also block archery?

Edited by Pidgeoni

I had no idea the narrow window did not allow archery. But doesn't this make it unique? What other wall type lets you look outside but also block archery?

doors work fine for this purpuse.

Spy-holes?

Actually thats not a bad idea for a new wall type.

Granted the ones in RL require a fair degree of optical technology. EDIT: Oh wait... gems.

Edited by Klaa

Madness do you have any actual common sense or do you just enjoy arguing against things for Kingdom v Kingdom drama.

Yes, we have the common sense to test all the new wall types, build working windows where we wanted them, and not ask the developers to change things because we didn't know how they worked.

Edited by madnezz

I have a hole in my wall big enough to put things through but the laws or madnezz physics prevent me.

Maybe this will help you with understanding as you're not capable of working it out

13-holes-intelligence-box-Shape-matching