Sign in to follow this  
Lexica

Possible Kingdom Change?

Long story short, I spawned on Chaos as HotS rather than Freedom.

Right Clicking my body and clicking on Change Kingdom doesn't seem to do anything.

Is it possible to have a GM convert me to freedom? (Just created the character and chose the wrong kingdom)

you can use a portal to go to freedom or roll a new chaeacter

nvm i thought epic

try sailing to freedom? it will be an adventure at least

Edited by Griffith

A GM can convert you to freedom, I witnessed it this weekend. Might depend on the circumstances though, this player happened to be trapped inside a kingdom.

you can use a portal to go to freedom or roll a new chaeacter

nvm i thought epic

try sailing to freedom? it will be an adventure at least

Oh, I meant staying on Chaos, but converting Kingdom there.

A GM can convert you to freedom, I witnessed it this weekend. Might depend on the circumstances though, this player happened to be trapped inside a kingdom.

Thanks, I submitted a ticket.

Edited by Lexica

You have a few options:

-Make a new character and use it as an alternative character, log it in & find your current character in Hots and convert it(While having /converts open).

-Have a friend do the option listed above^

-Make a whole new character and play on that one. 

-Accept your current kingdom and play.

I don't believe a GM will convert you unless theirs some kind of bug or something similar involved. 

A gm will not convert you for convenience.  The options listed above seem to cover the situation well, easiest being just make a new character.

A gm will not convert you for convenience.  The options listed above seem to cover the situation well, easiest being just make a new character.

There is an option in game which is clearly BROKEN, yet nothing is done about it.

There clearly is a BUG with a game mechanic which DOES NOT WORK! Who here is blind to see this?

Suggestion, either fix the obviusly broken game mechanic which was put into the game to actually solve these problems, or a GM should come and convert. A player should not have to go and make a new toon because the game is broken.

• Like 2

There is an option in game which is clearly BROKEN, yet nothing is done about it.

There clearly is a BUG with a game mechanic which DOES NOT WORK! Who here is blind to see this?

Suggestion, either fix the obviusly broken game mechanic which was put into the game to actually solve these problems, or a GM should come and convert. A player should not have to go and make a new toon because the game is broken.

• Like 3

Why only out of PMK's, what's the difference? A convert is a convert, or...

While it is broken, it does not affect this person here making this thread. 

Change kingdom is to convert out of a PMK.  HotS is not a PMK, converting out of HotS is up to the player in this case

As Sharkin mentions, a convert is a convert. They already made paramiters to not allow the ability to leave a pmk while being a mayor to solve exploit issues. If someone does not want to be in HOTS they should have the option to convert "leave Kingdom" and become default Freedom.

If your argument would be that he had already used it or something of that manner then i would agree, but that was not the case and is not the case. So the game would rather him have to make a new toon to avoid having to FIX a mechanic which is BROKEN.

Nothing at all would be affected if that option were to work as it should be working which is the ability to convert back to FREEDOM, which is the DEFAULT kingdom i may add.

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

While the mechanic is broken, its not broken in the way you want it to be.

The mechanic was only implemented to help players stuck in a PMK trap that they had no power to remove themselves from meaning they could not play the game at all. It was not implemented for any other reason. You could ask for it to have more functionality but as it stands stomping your feet claiming its broken because it doesn't work the way you want it to doesn't make a whole lot of sense. HoTS is a 'default' kingdom, it is a template kingdom.

If someone is in HoTS they do have the option to convert, the same way everyone has the option to convert as a free player.

• Like 5

Alright, so apparently this was implented for PMK's only which you made clear.

The following is not directed to you Gary and Sme, just some questions that appear to me. Feel free to answer anyway, of course.

This so called trap was designed by the PMK players themselves. I wonder, why not add random spawns? If it is the same spawn point over and over when chosing ''spawn outside'' of course walls will be built around it to keep possible spy accounts trapped, problem is it's also keeping legit players trapped like my friend this weekend. - Yes, change kingdom was added because of this. But it can also be used if you aren't trapped? What a luxury? If only other people could do that too...

Honestly, when converting I use an alt for safety and I'm sure many others do that as well. I see no harm in adding it for everyone or even more important, new players (during newbie buff, for these kind of mistakes?). We want them to stay, not get the wrong impression of the game at scratch and quit immediately.

On Chaos server there is another way out of these traps in emergency, /transfer to default Hots. But you'll get a 28 days convert timer.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

I would suggest if you want the mechanic changed you post it in the suggestions forums.  GM's are not involved in those design decisions for the game.