Sign in to follow this  
Milosanx

Mechwarrior Online | First Look Raven 3L

A first look at Mechwarrior Online. I head out in my Raven 3L, learning the ropes.

I know there are people out there that play other games for a different pace, this is one of mine. 

Enjoy :)

Edited by Milosanx

Ah the Raven.

A good old standby most old players have hanging around in their mechbays still. Quite a few specialty builds running around too, ranging from snipers to pure scouts.

Reminds me I really should go back to playing more and get my clan mechs exp'ed up. Though, I really wish clan warfare matchmaking was sped up a little, it can get a bit slow setting up a match.

Edited by Klaa

Just one piece of constructive criticism, there's an awful lot of "aaah, but ummm" going on here. Might help to cut down on that for smoothness' sake, perhaps a script might help?

Actually a script may not help much with that.

Umms, Ahhs, and similar sounds are basically vocal fillers as we gather our thoughts. Its an unconscious habit for many that requires practice to rid oneself of. Even if one is woodenly reading off a memorized, prepared statement the habit can still crop up as the reader catches up to where they are, and mentally checks to see if they missed anything.

One method I picked up from old public speaking classes was to record oneself talking, and then see how often it crops up. Another was to do speeches in front of the class and the other students tick off how many times the speaker does this along with the rest of their reviews.

Overall such classes are pretty handy even if one never expects to "speak publicly". Theres even dedicated social clubs, Toastmasters comes to mind offhand. Comfortable and non-judgemental as everyone else is in the same boat... without a paddle  :P

Yeah I do agree, I need to reduce them. Some times im worse than others. If I do recall this one had quite a lot. It happens a lot when I'm thinking of things to say.